Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLOTH MARINE (CB)

Favorite flavor of soda

Generally a cola drinker, but for variety I'll go for a Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper, or on occasion, cherry cola, lemon-lime, once in awhile orange or cherry for some variety. An occasional grapefruit. Root beer once in a blue moon.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:53 PM, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

mine is root beer

Root beer is quite nice! I particularly like A&W. A lot of people in Europe say it tastes like mouth wash, so I guess it's an acquired taste. They used to joke that I was like an alcoholic, but addicted to root beer haha.

I also like mountain dew. Every weekend was playing N64 in the basement with a bottle of mountain dew and doritos. Way before Geoff Keighley made up the video game awards cash scheme to get cash from those companies. But on a nicer note, my musical inspiration Aubrey Hodges also really enjoys mountain dew.

There is a nice soda hack I do sometimes. That is mix some nice cream soda (like A&W) with orange soda. Softens the bite and smooths out orange soda nicely.

1 hour ago, Mike_C said:

Cream soda

What's not to love, eh?

Although, for me, I can only do soda in very small doses. Coca-Cola, which I love, has too much of sugar and caffeine for my own good. Cream soda has that marvelous taste, but (again) too much sugar. Ah, well. At least ice cream hasn't become taboo for me. Yet.

7 minutes ago, ReX said:

What's not to love, eh?

Although, for me, I can only do soda in very small doses. Coca-Cola, which I love, has too much of sugar and caffeine for my own good. Cream soda has that marvelous taste, but (again) too much sugar. Ah, well. At least ice cream hasn't become taboo for me. Yet.

Here in the UK we have a brand called BARR which does cream soda, with 7.4g of sugars as opposed to the 35g found in Coca-Cola. It still tastes quite sweet though but you can tell it has way less sugar as it doesn't leave you with "sticky" teeth.

36 minutes ago, Mike_C said:

7.4g of sugars

That, I can live with. That translates to roughly 1 3/4 teaspoons.

Over the years my palate has become accustomed to less-sweet food, so I am quite content with something being only mildly sweet.

2 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Schlotzsky's original sandwich

After your period of pre-op fasting, you deserve a hearty lunch. (Not so much with the Diet Coke, though. Oops, sorry .... Coca-Cola Zero.) Enjoy.

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Anybody drink Surge?

Just the name suggests a rapid ascension of blood to the brain, followed by a shower of sparks, after which one's head nods gently forward until one's chin comes to rest on one's sternum.

But other than that, I'm sure it's a splendid drink. [:wink:]