Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rook

Sucker Punch 2 [Nine small maps for Doom II, now on idgames!]

I just finished playing through this wad, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just the right length and level of challenge for me! I think this would be a fun wad to speedrun, so I may be coming back to it sooner or later.

I didn't discover any issues in the wad, though I found that I had to play it using Boom compatibility (-complevel 9) in dsda-doom rather than vanilla compatibility (-complevel 2), or else some things don't work such as the three-key door at the end of MAP02. I had assumed "limit-removing" in the text file to mean -complevel 2.

Great maps Rook, really enjoyed this one. The tech bases and desert ruins were some of my favorites. Some of the gameplay felt very skillsaw-esque, especially map03 (vanguard vibes). SP3 when? :P

Just finished today, love it, fast maps with challenging but not frustrating gameplay. I hope for a third episode!

P.S: I also love SNK's music.

I completed Sucker Punch 2 sckrpnch2.wad with LZDoom on Hurt Me Plenty, these are challenging maps, 73/100. I had to complete all 9 maps by exploiting the map design. Enemies will teleport in all parts of the map as you proceed through the map, and there are no hiding places. MAP 9 was probably the most challenging Doom 2 map that I have played before. Moving away from the rocket attacks, you will be taken out by chainguns, and shotguns. Sucker Punch 2 features maps that will have most enemies appear in waves instead of appearing throughout the map. Very original idea. To decrease map difficulty, I recommend adding more pathways for the player to move around the map to prevent the player from being trapped by enemies.