Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AirRaid

Bloodrayne

Anyone play the PC demo for this yet? I got it night before last and I can't stop playing it. For those who haven't, it's kind of like, Max Payne meets Soldier of Fortune meets The Matrix, with big knives. The gameplay, while being a tad repetitive, is completely addictive, cos there's so many ways to slice and dice people.

Graphics wise, it's superb. The level detail might be seen as a bit bare, but then, the game is so fast-paced it's perfect. Bump mapping is an option, which gives a lot more life to the player model, and really adds life to the level textures. Shadows are done using shadow maps, but I found that they were better than the highest res Splinter Cell shadows. Also, it's easily the goriest game since SoF - dismemberment comes as standard, and complete evisceration is achieveable. :D Also, the way the hair moves on the player model looks real. I think that's modelled into the animations, but it still looks really cool.

When I first looked at the type of game it was i thought the control would be a little difficult, but actually it turned out really well - there aren't loads of buttons everywhere to remember. The only part that confused me slightly was that right-click is used to fire guns, rather than left. Easy enough to learn though.

Overall, I'd say the is the most fun new game I've played since serious Sam came out. I'm not counting the Doom 3 Alpha in that, cos I can't judeg the fun factor well enough from the incomplete version that it is. If you haven't tried this game yet, Get it now.

I have played the demo and it's pretty cool, although it really does get a tad too repetitive after a couple of hours. The best thing about it is the Bloodrage mode. You'll get a message after slicing enough people saying you have to press capslock to enter the Bloodrage mode. When activated, a fountain of blood and flying limbs splash across the screen when you encounter a couple of soldiers. Yum yum!

Heh, yea, Blood Rage rules. I usually keep it for the places where there's lots of soldiers in one place though, or for the officers.

This game reminds me of the time I was wishing for a game where, for whatever reason, you got to be a Xenomorph (the alien) taking on neo-nazis in an AvP type scenario. I guess this is as close as I'll ever get to that dream (short of an AvP mod). but hey, I'll take it!

Gotta get close to em to feed. Some soldiers block you with their guns when you try to feed or harpoon on them, but you still still take those guys from behind. Also, if you harpoon someone and hold down E, she'll take them down and feed. But then, she's defenseless. It's better to feed while they're standing up so you can use them as a human sheild.

While using them as a human shield you can still shoot by the way.
That makes the game even cooler. It looks like it's a move from a John Woo-movie or something.

Yea, there's pretty much no point in the game where you CAN'T shoot, unless you dont have any guns, which is cool. Even if you're halfway through a somersault kick, you can shoot, although you can't aim, so you'll only be able to shoot in the direction here arms are pointimg.

Uhh... make that -

Nazis + Vampires + Titties + Assault rifles + Excess Gibbage = the perfect game

:P

Dear fucking lord. It's 10 minutes now and still at 4%. FTW!

Oh wait, no. 5% now. Wow. This better be good.

73% Damn this is long!

0_o I'm getting fucking ripped off here. I waste two hours downloading nothing. WTF!???!