Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLOTH MARINE (CB)

Most Favorite And Least Favorite band

1 minute ago, Chip said:

Most Favorite: Grateful Dead

Least favorite: I would get killed on these forums if I revealed who my least favorite band was. 

who is it, trust me I won't do anything if you do (just watch out for other people)

Favorite Band: I've thought about it thoroughly and have decided that I pedestal Slayer and Judas Priest as the best ever. Slayer's got a religiously relatable audio-aesthetic to it, coupled with the members who all look like they came from Hell, and Judas Priest's shining steel element to them, to the point that I can smell it when listening to them.

Least Favorite: Slipknot, didn't impress me instantly when I listened to them. The artsy stuff is pretty cool, It has edginess, but it's the lame sort of edginess.

I can't say I have a favourite or least favourite. Music is weird for me. I could probably listen to anything, if forced to. Just that would require different levels of ear bleach afterwards.

1 hour ago, [McD]James said:

But as bad as they are, I wouldn't go as far as to say they're as bad as the likes of Slipknot, Korn, Mudvayne

Oh....

Most Favorite Currently: The Groundhogs
Music Genre That Is Most Likely To Make Me Depressed: Country

I don't really have a least favorite but I'm not a huge fan of Imagine Dragons, their music is just boring to me.

My favorite band has changed a lot but Frank Turner, The Wonder Years, Rise Against, Cage The Elephant, Lamb of God, and As I Lay Dying are all bands I've been obsessed with at some point. 

Favourite: Blind Guardian, Running Wild, Darkthrone, Isengard (Nor), Bathory, Iron Maiden, Nirvana...

Least favourite: every modern metal band with overpowered yet flat as F production, tiny plastic drums beneath walls of flat active guitars, no sense of melody (chug chug), hardcore-ish screaming singer, etc.

Among the bigger names I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of Rolling Stones and most blues except maybe SRV (no hate, just bores me to bloody death).

Fav: opeth (quite obviously) 

Honorable mentions: kalmah, pink floyd, king crimson, dark tranquility, fleshgod apocalypse 

Also: dream theater, megadeth, slayer, rammstein (long time ago), oomph

Least fav: metallica, pantera, stuff like that. Bands like linkin park, three days grace etc are kind of boring for me. 

Can't really say much about things outside prog rock-metal as I don't listen those things as much. 

On 5/21/2021 at 12:47 PM, beast said:

Favorite: Fields of the Nephilim

Fk yeah, I love Fields of the Nephilim! 

On topic, My favourite is Black Sabbath.

Least fav, Imagine Dragons. 

Edited by Swordofdanu : Bat's piss

For me, the best band is The Killers (I'm a big fan of the rock genre. <3)

Least fave... probably about 90% of the modern day pop and (c)rap that plays on radio.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, BCHQ said:

Favourite: Blind Guardian, Running Wild, Darkthrone, Isengard (Nor), Bathory, Iron Maiden, Nirvana...

Least favourite: every modern metal band with overpowered yet flat as F production, tiny plastic drums beneath walls of flat active guitars, no sense of melody (chug chug), hardcore-ish screaming singer, etc.

Among the bigger names I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of Rolling Stones and most blues except maybe SRV (no hate, just bores me to bloody death).

Darkthrone rocks.

On 5/23/2021 at 5:57 PM, [McD]James said:

A lot of hate for Limp Bizkit here, which I completely understand. They're a joke of a band with an egotistical douche for a lead singer. But as bad as they are, I wouldn't go as far as to say they're as bad as the likes of Slipknot, Korn, Mudvayne, Poppy, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. I can listen to maybe upwards of 30 seconds of Limp Bizkit and laugh at them for how ridiculous they are. If I hear someone blasting Slipknot or something similar, I need to get out of the room.

My favorite band is Sodom. 

Listening to Sodom rn, thanks for mentioning the band, it's kickass.

My favorite are: Cleopatrick and Coheed and Cambria

My least favorite is: Five Finger Death Punch, they're a bunch of assholes.

least favorite: Guns N Roses (because they're nazis trying to sell their merch to hipsters at H&M)

most favorite: Meshuggah is sick, Boredoms is super funny (at least for me) and IGORRR

Favorite (as of the moment): Sabaton, Green Day, Metallica, The Beatles, Judas Priest.

Least favorite: Guns and Roses, but only because Axl Rose is an asshole and not necessarily the music.

Currently, my favorite is a three-way-tie between Tool, Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails.

My least favorite is Imagine Dragons. Uninteresting, bland, very "safe, radio-friendly pop music." Not my bag.

Favourite: Too many to list. Probably Cult of Luna. Some of the most empowering atmosphere you'll hear in music. Band's output is pretty much the perfect soundtrack to apocalypse.

Least Favourite: Periphery. Although one could make a strong case for any "progressive" metalcore/djent band being the worst. Ignorantly ripping off the almighty Meshuggah with no regards to songwriting while adding autotuned soyboy vocals to the mix? All wrapped up in the most soulless production and mixing you'll ever hear. Screw your polyrhythm chugs if you can't use 'em right. Burn it all in a dumpster fire.

Hard to pick a favourite.  There's a list of bands I like, but which one I like most changes pretty often.  For now, I'm gonna say it's Jinjer.  They're really fucking good.

I don't have a least favourite band, for the simple reason that any band I don't enjoy, I very quickly forget.