Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLOTH MARINE (CB)

Most Favorite And Least Favorite band

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Most favorite: tied between Front Line Assembly, Kraftwerk, Skinny Puppy, and Clan of Xymox

Least favorite: never thought about this, so... I dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Most favorite? Skinny Puppy.

 

I don’t really have a least favorite but I can’t stand Gene Simmons.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Most Favorite: Tom Waits

 

Least Favorite, I really couldn't tell you. There are plenty of bands and musicians that I just don't like, but I don't tend to dwell on them. So none really come to mind. If I absolutely had to pick one, that I've been forced to listen to over the years, it would be U2.

 

Actually, scratch the "I couldn't tell you", it's U2. Can't stand them.

 

And Fred Durst is a douche, but I still think "Three Dollar Bill, Y'all" is a decent album; probably due to Ross Robinson's influence. Stopped listening to Limp Bizkit after "Significant Other".

Edited by Jello

Share this post


Link to post

Favourite: Pretty much everything I actually have in my music folder that I listen to, but well, I'll say Be'Lakor, In Mourning and Swallow the Sun at least as examples. 

 

Least Favourite: Well this is going to get me shit but like Jello, I don't bother dwelling on this and I don't listen to things I don't like, but you know, just based on residual feelings I have it's The Beatles. If it makes anyone feel any better, lets just say in High School I knew some douche fanboys, and I live in the UK so the constant worship of them is grating when you really don't care for any of their music. There's no other acts that I feel much about to say here. 

Share this post


Link to post

least fav: the offspring, or mumford and suns. can't decide which has made my brain feel worst over the years

 

my fave is complicated, it depends what cycle of listening im at. my recurring answer is Einstuerzende Neubauten but sometimes when I type that it's just reminding me to listen to all their stuff again, cos it's been a while <3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, hybridial said:

Favourite: Pretty much everything I actually have in my music folder that I listen to, but well, I'll say Be'Lakor, In Mourning and Swallow the Sun at least as examples. 

 

Least Favourite: Well this is going to get me shit but like Jello, I don't bother dwelling on this and I don't listen to things I don't like, but you know, just based on residual feelings I have it's The Beatles. If it makes anyone feel any better, lets just say in High School I knew some douche fanboys, and I live in the UK so the constant worship of them is grating when you really don't care for any of their music. There's no other acts that I feel much about to say here. 

Eh, I don't really like The Beatles either. I can stand them; they're my Step Mothers favorite band, so I listened to enough of them. My Mother listened to them from time to time. I just really don't care for them.

 

Had a friend who basically summed it up: "The Beatles were the original boy band". Even when I was a pot smoker in high school, I just couldn't get into Sgt Peppers. High as hell, and I thought "This is really crappy music". I longed for the time that a guy just played "Ringfinger" by Nine Inch Nails on repeat around thirty times. Or Dark Side of the Moon. There were so many other bands I would've rather listened to than The Beatles.

 

So no, you're not alone in disliking The Beatles. And I don't hate them, but I really can't understand what the fuss was about.

 

So you at least won't get any hate from me.

 

Edit: And yes my opinion is completely subjective. There are plenty of people that think Tom Waits sounds like a buffalo with lung cancer hacking up pieces of his organs. And I understand that perspective. He's still my favorite musician though.

Edited by Jello

Share this post


Link to post

Favorite: Fields of the Nephilim

Least Favorite: REM

 

Been listening to a lot of Doom radio lately

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jello said:

Most Favorite: Tom Waits

 

Least Favorite, I really couldn't tell you. There are plenty of bands and musicians that I just don't like, but I don't tend to dwell on them. So none really come to mind. If I absolutely had to pick one, that I've been forced to listen to over the years, it would be U2.

 

Actually, scratch the "I couldn't tell you", it's U2. Can't stand them.

 

And Fred Durst is a douche, but I still think "Three Dollar Bill, Y'all" is a decent album; probably due to Ross Robinson's influence. Stopped listening to Limp Bizkit after "Significant Other".

I agree with you, the only good album by Limp Bizkit is Three Dollar Bill, Y'all

Share this post


Link to post

Favorite: Rush

Least Favorite: Hard to say as it's not something I think about much. There's individual songs I really dislike, like Maxwell's Silver Hammer. If I had to pick, I never got the appeal of Leonard Cohen.... he's so droning and boring. Also fuck The Chipmunks. I hate that shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Doom_Dude said:

Favorite: Rush

Least Favorite: Hard to say as it's not something I think about much. There's individual songs I really dislike, like Maxwell's Silver Hammer. If I had to pick, I never got the appeal of Leonard Cohen.... he's so droning and boring. Also fuck The Chipmunks. I hate that shit.

the Chipmunks are little pieces of shit

Share this post


Link to post

Favorite: Kraftwerk, though C418 comes close.

 

Least favorite: See, the thing is, once I have decided I don't like an artist I stop listening to them, and don't keep going long enough to decide what my least favorite is. I guess I have nothing good to say about Limp Bizkit or One Direction, but I'm also not sure I know enough about them to say they are my least favorite. Nor do I care to learn.

Share this post


Link to post

My fave is Rush since my bud Rob got me into them. That's not ever going to change. RIP Neil.

 

Least fave... well, an artist instead of a band, but I can't stand John Mellencamp, the patron saint of bland safe white pop rock that gets overplayed to all fuck on the radio. I don't listen to enough Bruce Springsteen, but he's got nothing on The Boss. Oh, and more recently, Imagine Dragons. What is the goddamn deal with those guys?

Share this post


Link to post

Favorite overall: System of a Down, Nightwish.

 

Least favorite? I don't really listen to stuff I don't like. I don't really hate any bands because of this. I dislike the genre 'country' as a whole though, so maybe that works?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Arrowhead said:

Favorite overall: System of a Down, Nightwish.

 

Least favorite? I don't really listen to stuff I don't like. I don't really hate any bands because of this. I dislike the genre 'country' as a whole though, so maybe that works?  :)

System Of A Down is a pretty good band

Share this post


Link to post

Blind guardian = favorite

 

Any emo band ever = least favorite bands.

Share this post


Link to post

Strictly bands?

 

I love Hiatus Kaiyote, Vulfpeck, Snarky Puppy

 

I hate Pentatonix, Imagine Dragons, and basically every country band

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite band is Soundgarden, for the most part. I listen almost entirely to metal and rock, so it's a bit hard to pick a favorite when there's infinite genres and subgenres out there. I think that, although Soundgarden is labeled as grunge, that's not really what they are. To some degree, they have this neo-Black Sabbath sound with the lower tunings and erratically high and low vocals, but also the sound of the punk genre they grew up in and around. The lyrics of their songs are generally more relatable personally than the threat of nuclear war and Satan, but the other side of the music is the rhythm and tone that feels like a chainsaw running idle or the vibrations of a sluggish train coming through town. 

 

I'm not sure I have a band that I particularly hate, but I generally feel like a lot of the more pop-oriented rock bands can be a bit tiresome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Best band: Dream Theater

Worst: Hootie

Edited by Maximum Matt : Thought of one worse than Ween

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite: Megadeth for obvious reasons.

 

My least favorite: Metallica.

Share this post


Link to post

Just bands, huh...? That eliminates some of my favourite artists, but okay...

 

Favourite: Infant annihilator, Meshuggah, Dehumanizing Itatrain Worship

 

Least favourite: Coldplay (It's acoustic Xanax), The White Stripes (Get somebody on the bass you nancies), Nickelback (They're at their best when they play Metallica songs, as in: Somebody else's hits. Let that roll over your tongue for a minute)

 

Oh, also: Fuck Limp Bizkit

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

 

That was the other band those douche fanboys from high school fawned over. I thought Jack White singing sounds like a cat being raped. 

Share this post


Link to post

A lot of hate for Limp Bizkit here, which I completely understand. They're a joke of a band with an egotistical douche for a lead singer. But as bad as they are, I wouldn't go as far as to say they're as bad as the likes of Slipknot, Korn, Mudvayne, Poppy, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. I can listen to maybe upwards of 30 seconds of Limp Bizkit and laugh at them for how ridiculous they are. If I hear someone blasting Slipknot or something similar, I need to get out of the room.

 

My favorite band is Sodom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, [McD]James said:

A lot of hate for Limp Bizkit here, which I completely understand. They're a joke of a band with an egotistical douche for a lead singer. But as bad as they are, I wouldn't go as far as to say they're as bad as the likes of Slipknot, Korn, Mudvayne, Poppy, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. I can listen to maybe upwards of 30 seconds of Limp Bizkit and laugh at them for how ridiculous they are. If I hear someone blasting Slipknot or something similar, I need to get out of the room.

 

My favorite band is Sodom. 

Well I mainly think it's Fred Durst (the lead singer) that makes the band bad, because listening to the instrumental version of limp bizkits songs isn't that bad as listening to Fart Durst, oh I mean Fred Durst voice in the songs, honestly he just makes the band bad 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Just bands, huh...? That eliminates some of my favourite artists, but okay...

 

Favourite: Infant annihilator, Meshuggah, Dehumanizing Itatrain Worship

 

Least favourite: Coldplay (It's acoustic Xanax), The White Stripes (Get somebody on the bass you nancies), Nickelback (They're at their best when they play Metallica songs, as in: Somebody else's hits. Let that roll over your tongue for a minute)

 

Oh, also: Fuck Limp Bizkit

well you can say artists because they're one person band I guess :)

Share this post


Link to post

Most Favorite: Grateful Dead

Least favorite: I would get killed on these forums if I revealed who my least favorite band was. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×