Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping project [DONE!!]

Young @1Destro3456 offered a blood sacrifice upon the Unholy Alter and summoned me to playtest his RAMP map. Not too shabby. It's cute and straightforward with some cool atmosphere and neat detailings.

memory of e4m4 updated... more gore, discoloreration of floors to help find keys and switches, message written below each skull door, added invulnerability spheres plus cyberdemon and spider mastermind to help guard the yellow switch

EDIT

why is there suddently a lock icon on some of the maps? could we get a legend of the icons on the download page? maybe also an easier way to retrive pin numbers?

Edited by CBM

On 7/10/2021 at 8:10 AM, Mystic 256 said:

awww I just found out about this project today though

I'm sure they'll be a RAMP 2 or someone else will do something similar.

Still waiting for the project to be polished, because I see that there's still a lot of improvement to do, which it's completely fine.

The more fixed the maps are, the better.

17 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Still waiting for the project to be polished, because I see that there's still a lot of improvement to do, which it's completely fine.

The more fixed the maps are, the better.

I think the more people that are willing to playtest and make videos of the maps and give feedback, the more the maps will be fixed and polished before the final release.

On 7/10/2021 at 7:18 AM, Albertoni said:

I'm interested in this map. I didn't play any maps in RAMP yet because I was expecting the project to be done, so I wouldn't play WIP versions, have trouble with savegames and all that jazz. If you're not interested in making a standalone release I'd still like to play it, could you upload it somewhere? I already have the texture packs, so just the map is enough. I don't mind framerate issues, I'm used to playing games in 640x480 lol

Hi...

I uploaded castle of secrets to my dropbox, you can get it here (its codename during development was newCastle and dl stands for the version with dynamic lighting and 2 is the latest version with dynamic lights) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e3j4fqk8ppohqx/newCASTLE_dl2.wad?dl=0

What went down yesterday?

I see the map list was updated yesterday... it is still 200 maps but teeny little base is back, that must because another map was removed yesterday?

edit

figured it out, it was prison camp in hell that got removed

Edited by CBM

@azerty ask me to play this but never told me whose map it was??? 

Also unless something went wrong I couldn't figure out what the progression was at the end. I finally made it to a wooden door with an exit behind it and no clue how to open it 

You were actually playing an older version of that map. The final area was changed completely. I believe the final version has been uploaded and is available in the newest snapshot.

map author is AnthonyTankHD.

Edited by Lazlo Panaflex

so goal for ramp 2, 400 maps? :-) ... just joking

Copying the original first post down here!

I've now played over 200 custom WADs on my channel, and I've wanted to start a community project to celebrate them - welcome to RAMP, the Rabbit's All-comers Mapping Project! This is a mapping event I'm starting to encourage people to dip into Doom or GZDoom mapping and to give them the chance to be part of a wider project. I was very much inspired by TerminusEst13's trilogy of DUMP WADs (the Doom Upstart Mapping Project), and I hope that I can continue their welcoming spirit - to help people get started and try to make something together.

The rules... there aren't many. Everyone is welcome to join in whether they're just starting out or have been around for a while, creating maps along whatever theme you like. In the end, the maps will be compiled into a larger WAD game around a hub level - see the video for a preview of what it's looking like so far. The hub will be targeted at GZDoom, but any format of map is welcome - and if there are enough of them, I'll put the vanilla-style maps into a compilation as well. I don't want people to feel they have to spend months on a map, so I'm aiming to make this fairly quick and say that on 6th July I'll ease back on accepting submissions and switch to playtesting.

If you've been around in the community for a while, perhaps you could try to bring someone else along with you! Is there anyone you think who would really enjoy getting into Doom mapping or has been looking for somewhere to start? I've been collecting a series of tutorials on http://ramp.teamouse.net to help people who have never so much as played Doom before get up and running quickly.

If you feel like yet another Discord server in your life, I've set up a channel for the project at https://discord.gg/afFGdGNhW2 for people to share ideas, updates and encouragement. And of course, I'll make sure to play maps as they're submitted and offer reactions and feedback!

The quick summary:

- IWAD is Doom 2

- Source port is GZDoom, but any map format is welcome

- Custom stuff is allowed but maybe go easy on it as I'm aiming this project more at people who are inexperienced :) cc4-tex.wad will be included so anything from that can be used without issue.

- Maps to be in by 6th July!

- Submissions taken through the automated uploader/compiler (provided nobody finds a way to annihilate my server with it)

And one more note - I will have absolutely no ownership over your map if you submit it to this project! You can feel free to re-release it on its own, expand it into an episode and release that later, or whatever you'd like to do with the start you've made.

I'm glad I found this project in time and got a map in, a map that would of most likely have never even seen the light of day. It was also neat seeing all the different maps people made for the project as well.

This was A RIDE.

I finally had the chance to play few of the other contributors' maps last night, now that I feel like I can consider my own map finished, and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting through the whole thing eventually.

A big hearty congratulations to David and all the mappers who contributed to the biggest mapping project in Doom community history! Well done, you crazy kids. ;^)

On 7/21/2021 at 5:07 PM, Pure Hellspawn said:

map208 errors out :(

Do you have any specific idea what's happening? I can't seem to get any errors on it on my end, and I've not seen such from any other playtesters, but it's possible something's broken inbetween builds.

That comment was from a few builds ago - the uploaded MAP208 had something odd happen with its map markers which made the compiler generate a blank WAD. It’s working now!

Christ on a bike! 200 maps, sheesh. What a year 2021 is shaping up to be as far as new releases go not to mention new authors as well. :o)

Wow,this is the first time i see such a number of maps packed into single pk3 file :).That reminds me that i forgot to finish dump 3.Anyways,congrats to everyone who participated in this project..

Well, after recording the Playstation Reloaded set (because of some stupid corruption recorded file), I'll record this big as heck...no...INSANE set. A tough task awaits for me...

Thanks to the helpful testing of AT-ROM in the Discord, have updated to beta 1.1 with the following quick fixes!

MAP48 Pickups are no longer required to advance through waves
MAP114 Fixed nonrepeatable teleporters
MAP128 had an End Game line instead of Exit

i wish i knew about this project earlier because i would of really loved to join it

agh it sucks always being late to community projects

2 minutes ago, sectrslayr said:

This would require a hub-episode. 

David is up to the challenge

Congratulations on the release! I did not mention myself here in any way, but I also planned to participate. Alas, this is another cool project that I missed out on this year. In any case, I watched its progressing with interest and had a lot of pleasure playing these maps. Plus, I've discovered a lot of new talented names. Really hope to see continuation of RAMP someday, and maybe I'll lucky to be part of the project next time.