Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping project [DONE!!]

Do you mean 278 megabytes ? Sometimes if they're 278,7 or 278,8 it round up to 279 MB

On 9/27/2021 at 11:35 PM, FEDEX said:

Do you mean 278 megabytes ? Sometimes if they're 278,7 or 278,8 it round up to 279 MB

Yeah my bad. Sorry.

Well, bumping the thread a little but for a good reason. It's all done. In the end, I'd say it was a perfect variation of simplistic to AWESOME maps. The garden is a must keep. If this project was to undergo a sequel, I would suggest to keep the general layout and put time on updating the garden, fixing bugs and to better evaluate the maps's tags. I think it would be fun to come in the same place again, with maybe some changes but still a time saving no effort known place. 

On the negative side, I wished a better evaluation of the maps. On many occasions, I had a rough time on some level 2 or 3 maps while breezing in some level 4 and sometimes 5. The size was also problematic. Sizes vs time required could be better evaluated. And, finally, bugs were all over the place (well, more than usual). Exiting maps while searching secrets, homs on many occasions, Locked doors while backtracking or coming back at some point later in the game, etc.

Overall, for all this represent in fun, effort/work and general result, this is a fantastic project. Hope to see more. Bravo to all involved. 

Screenshot_Doom_20211124_222444.png.838ed4a6054e10709e0aa191fc8dd97e.png

11 hours ago, pfl said:

Well, bumping the thread a little but for a good reason. It's all done. In the end, I'd say it was a perfect variation of simplistic to AWESOME maps. The garden is a must keep. If this project was to undergo a sequel, I would suggest to keep the general layout and put time on updating the garden, fixing bugs and to better evaluate the maps's tags. I think it would be fun to come in the same place again, with maybe some changes but still a time saving no effort known place. 

On the negative side, I wished a better evaluation of the maps. On many occasions, I had a rough time on some level 2 or 3 maps while breezing in some level 4 and sometimes 5. The size was also problematic. Sizes vs time required could be better evaluated. And, finally, bugs were all over the place (well, more than usual). Exiting maps while searching secrets, homs on many occasions, Locked doors while backtracking or coming back at some point later in the game, etc.

Overall, for all this represent in fun, effort/work and general result, this is a fantastic project. Hope to see more. Bravo to all involved. 

Screenshot_Doom_20211124_222444.png.838ed4a6054e10709e0aa191fc8dd97e.png

nice garden

Congrats on the mention in Cacowards! I loved DUMP3, but it was very buggy given that there was no baseline for all maps, RAMPART has definitely improved the experience massively! I have a couple of bugs to report:

* Homage to Doom: Blue keycard does not appear in the level -- problem with HNTR or less?

* Cerpsen Manor: There are two non-solid walls within the first room, allowing you, and enemies to escape the map

Looking forward to working through this, thanks all for your efforts!