Find results in...
Tarnsman

[Megawad] Tarnsman's Projectile Hell - Now on idgames

This was very, very, very unexpected
And incredibly awesome

Edit: @Marisa Kirisame this might be the closest thing to a Touhou megawad :P

Edited by Catpho

17 minutes ago, Tarnsman said:

A dead Bulgarian actor who is also a necromancer kidnapped Liam Neeson and is holding him hostage on The Sun as revenge for some dumb thing or another. So now you need to rescue him.

I thought we were going to meet Bela Lugosi in this WAD and then I realised he was Hungarian, not Bulgarian - ho hum. This looks to be quite something. I'll be sure to boot it up.

32 minutes ago, Tarnsman said:

A dead Bulgarian actor who is also a necromancer kidnapped Liam Neeson and is holding him hostage on The Sun as revenge for some dumb thing or another. So now you need to rescue him.

Just from the story part this thing looks like gold. I have the little impression that this megawad will not be a walk in the park, isn't?

Well, this came out of the blue! You neo-classicists really like keeping things under wraps until release, don't you?

Not complaining, though. A whole megawad's worth of Tarns-y goodness? What's not to like!

So many different skies... so many different themes/aesthetics... and they all look so wonderful (if not a little familiar). That white and grey city in the bottom left looks absolutely incredible though, can't wait to see that one in-game! Congratulations on the release.

Really digging the variety of themes! Looking forward to giving this a whirl.

Looks great! But I can't help but wonder what a friend of mine asked me...

image.png.0d75440fe3a833b23bd36c065494984a.png

Just beat it all now. Bugs here.

E1M5: Teleport destinations 589, 590, and 591 are only flagged for Hard difficulty, making one secret impossible on lower settings

E2M3 (probably a few others from before): one of the weird things I notice about the teleport closets is that some have conveyors on them and sometimes the monsters in them (demons in the case of E2M3) are fighting the conveyor and don't teleport.

E2M4: Sector 1131 doesn't have a tag like the other sectors with tag 25, one demon missed.

E3M2: One mancubus never teleported. Upon inspecting it it seems that the sector it's on with Tag 12 seems to stop short on the triangle sector  (431) instead of going all the way down.

E3M9: Sector 2 is an inaccessible secret sector.

E3M7: Teleport destinations 561, 883, and 884 not flagged for ITYTD/HNTR.

E3M8: Teleport destinations 130, 131, and 132 not flagged for ITYTD/HNTR.

E4M2: Sector 613 with Tag 50 doesn't have a teleport destination, so one monster doesn't come in, teleport destinations 360 and 361 are only flagged on Hard difficulty. Also the exit door can be opened without the red key.

E4M6: Teleport destination 152 only flagged on Hard difficulty, many places to get stuck cause of this.

Edited by NuMetalManiak : will add more

Excellent work, Tarns! Can't wait to play it (but I might need to after the mountains of other stuff to play this year).

Oh oh. Now look at this beast! Those pictures look amazing. I have the feeling they're are quite sadistic too :P Congrats on the release!

Well, I thought I caught up with all the new WADs I wanted to play so I could revisit TNT Revilution, but that just changed. Revilution is gonna have to wait even longer. Looks awesome! Will be playing as soon as I finish the latest PUSS.