Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lirui1001

Micro Slaughter Community Project demos [-complevel 9]

3 hours ago, Maribo said:

The switch in the room with the 2 cyberdemons also seemed to break the map if I hit it? It would end up raising the floor too high and creating a HOM, and then the floor being too high just makes a wall where you can't exit back to the room where the 2 cyberdemons were.

I dug into this and worked out what happened.  If you take the BFG secret, it spits you out behind the gate to the big fight (skipping a lot of map), so all the actions previously required to get through the gate are all triggered by tripwires, including raising the platform around the cybs.

If you then backtrack and re-hit the switch (the "normal" route in), it raises the platform a second time, causing the softlock.  

I've put together a hotfixed version to prevent the platform from raising a second time.  It's minor enough that it doesn't desync demos.  

3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

It looks like your video is set to private?

Yeah, sorry I haven't clarified. It's scheduled to July 18th, after I finish uploading another series of videos. Didn't wanna mix uploads altogether.

map10 max in 2:46

(uses the hotfixed wad but it shouldn't matter if Bauul wasn't trolling us)

Just throwing a bit more love on this one because I like Walter maps.

mscp10-246.zip

23 minutes ago, kraflab said:

@Plats please don't post the same demos into multiple threads.

Sorry, if i post multiple demos can i post them in one thread ? 

You can post as many demos as you want, in as many threads as you want, as long as each individual demo only appears in one place.

map 14 uv max in 4:26

and also with this post, my nice member status is forever lost, but never forgotten. RIP. <3

mscp14m426.zip

rip.png

map08 max in 3:51

mscp08-351.zip

I'll probably come back and try this again later, but not right now because the map started to destroy my soul.

1 hour ago, Plats said:

Map 12 Uv-Max in 7:20

This is not a max. I watched the demo and according to the monster count, you killed 286/287.

5 hours ago, Decay said:

This is not a max. I watched the demo and according to the monster count, you killed 286/287.

Changed

map12 max in 5:23

mscp12-523.zip

4:xx seems like the natural goal to grind out, but then I'd have to keep playing this boring ass map ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, megasphere308 said:

Map01 Pacifist in 2:12

Nice. I somehow didn't look into the last fight about the secret and I thought I would get blocked or something, but obviously they don't block you.

I just got annoyed by the imp fight so I didn't yolo those shotgunners...

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Nice. I somehow didn't look into the last fight about the secret and I thought I would get blocked or something, but obviously they don't block you.

I just got annoyed by the imp fight so I didn't yolo those shotgunners...

Thanks!

Yeah the imp wave is super annoying.

I guess I had a good combination of taking super little damage from the shotgunners and surviving the imp section.

But I've died from the revenants in my practice runs, so a bit of luck can help.

When you reach the secret, almost nothing can happen :)

I think I'll have a look at the other maps, as the pacifist challenge is always interesting.