Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raidoskull78

Doom Lore Theories

So we know about the the journey of the Doomslayer through Doom 1,2,64,2016 and Eternal. But where does Doom 3 fit? Well I believe that Doom 3 actually takes place between 64 and 2016 and that the Marine in it is not the Doomslayer but just a normal man. At this time, the Slayer was entombed. Thus the demons attacked mars in Doom 3 without fear of being destroyed by him. The reason why they were so slow and weak compared to the events of the other games is that  they felt they had no reason to use as much power or force as would have been necessary in the later games with the slayer awakened. They were just killing normal humans thus got cocky and careless and underestimated their opponent. This marine in Doom 3 showed them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Raidoskull78 said:

If watch this video at 0:21 you the Doomslayer use telekinesis 

thats cool i didnt know about that

The UAC orchestrated the entire hell invasion in doom 1 so the world would rely on them for protection in the future, but it backfired because of the events of doom 2.

On 5/23/2021 at 6:38 AM, DRM-MAN said:

The UAC orchestrated the entire hell invasion in doom 1 so the world would rely on them for protection in the future, but it backfired because of the events of doom 2.

This would make a lot of sense if we took Doom 3 as a prequel.

My theory is that there's not an unified Doom Canon, and that Doom eternal/2016, Doom 3, and the classic games should not be stitched together in the same timeline.

If there's one thing to take from nuDoom it's that lore is a mistake.

We have no idea of the Doomslayer's true power it be nice if they talked about in a Doom Bible, Book, Movies Manga Anime Etc. 

We have no idea of the Doomslayer's true power it be nice if they talked about in a Doom Bible, Book, Movies Manga Anime Etc. 

I feel like they show his true power after he almost single-handedly decimates the forces of hell, kills the Icon of Sin twice, kills all the hell priests, kills thousands of demons, and destroys the Doom equivalent of Satan in the most disappointing final boss in all of Doom.

13 hours ago, ICID said:

If there's one thing to take from nuDoom it's that lore is a mistake.

Go on. Go ahead. Pull out the Carmack quote. I dare you.

22 hours ago, Raidoskull78 said:

yes we do

Too much of the backstory differs to tie Doom 3 in with Doom, Doom 2, Doom 64, Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. It just stretches things too far. Maybe call it the invasion in another corner of the multiverse if you want, but really there's no direct connection apart from an easter egg here and there.

22 hours ago, BunnyWithBeans said:

I feel like they show his true power after he almost single-handedly decimates the forces of hell, kills the Icon of Sin twice, kills all the hell priests, kills thousands of demons, and destroys the Doom equivalent of Satan in the most disappointing final boss in all of Doom.

Although these show Feasts do show that the Doomguy is powerful, it is Not his true power since if read the lore of Doom Eternal which I am pretty sure you did he does not need guns or his armor since it nerfs him    

23 hours ago, BunnyWithBeans said:

Go on. Go ahead. Pull out the Carmack quote. I dare you.

Something something reading it for the articles.

Although these show Feasts do show that the Doomguy is powerful, it is Not his true power since if read the lore of Doom Eternal which I am pretty sure you did he does not need guns or his armor since it nerfs him    

then he's showing his true power during tyson runs

Many Many years ago, when you and I were just vitamin in a orange fruit. There were darkness, not because someone forgot to turn on the lights.

It's because there was nothing exist but "him". He is the one who made us who we are, he is the reason we can still live. His name is...

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

TERRY THE DARK LORD OF DOOM

(∞-∞)

He is the dark lord of this realm and beyond of it. Even some rumors I've heard of admins of this forum still come together and

start their unholy rituals to their GOD. There are still missing users of forum where they can not be never found in anywhere.

When I started to invastigate this case, only contact I had from was an old user of forum about this. Now even he is disappeared now.

HELL IS LIE, TERRY IS ALWAYS.

As long as we keep making wads, mods for DooM. He remains strong and still forever. It is what we do for DooM what keeps him still exist. And by not forgetting to mention of his followers. They still among us. I sense them...

10 minutes ago, THE IMP said:

Many Many years ago, when you and I were just vitamin in a orange fruit. There were darkness, not because someone forgot to turn on the lights.

It's because there was nothing exist but "him". He is the one who made us who we are, he is the reason we can still live. His name is...

Reveal hidden contents

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

TERRY THE DARK LORD OF DOOM

(∞-∞)

He is the dark lord of this realm and beyond of it. Even some rumors I've heard of admins of this forum still come together and

start their unholy rituals to their GOD. There are still missing users of forum where they can not be never found in anywhere.

When I started to invastigate this case, only contact I had from was an old user of forum about this. Now even he is disappeared now.

HELL IS LIE, TERRY IS ALWAYS.

please stop

On 5/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, Mayomancer said:

My theory is that there's not an unified Doom Canon, and that Doom eternal/2016, Doom 3, and the classic games should not be stitched together in the same timeline.

In classic Doom nobody cared much about lore, for Doom3 they did not care much for the classic Doom lore, and for the new Doom Games they changed so much about the lore, that it barely have anything common with the old games. And now everything should be sticked together with some bubblegum, trying to create a canon. That is the problem with that.

In Doom 2's map 27, the last archevile next to the red key door to the exit is the landlord of the Monster Condo. They're only so kind to let you out without a key sometimes because you've caused do much damage to their unit.

My canon is Doom 3 (begins a bit before Doom 1, then runs concurrently) - Doom 1 - Doom 2 - No Rest for the Living - Plutonia - Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil - TNT.

Doom 3 just fits into this timeline and it can be perfectly used to explain how it all started. I even have a whole story somewhere which I brainstormed couple of years ago, tying it all together.

The new games and 64 are a different universe for me.