Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

The best megawad ever made?

Which is your favorite megawad from these 20?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite megawad from these 20?

• Ancient Aliens
    • Scythe
    • Scythe 2
    • Valiant
    • Sunlust
    • Resurgence
    • Going Down
    • Speed of Doom
    • Eviternity
    • Memento Mori
    • Memento Mori 2
    • Icarus Alien Vanguard
    • Plutonia 2
    • Plutonia Revisited
    • BTSX 1
    • BTSX 2
    • Doom The Way id Did
    • Doom 2 The Way id Did
    • Alien Vendetta

Which is your favorite megawad from these 20?

Edited by pcorf

My tastes are old school, so I went with Icarus, the Memento Moris, and Eternal Doom III. Surprised to see neither Requiem nor Alien Vendetta on this list, but to be fair, those are universally loved. :p

Edit:

If have to pick just one megawad from that list, I'd go with Icarus, with MM2 and Eternal Doom III tied as runners up.

Edited by Snarboo

voted for Sunlust. has the mood I like best, beautiful gimmick levels (I adore 7, 17, 23, 30 and 31 in particular for their uniqueness) and some great music choices. I am no good enough to beat most of the set on UV but I have been working on a saveless playthrough of troglobyte <3

runner ups in my eyes: both BTSXes, Eternal Doom, DTWIDs, Going Down's music and the cave maps from Speed of Doom! all incredible work

4 minutes ago, roadworx said:

no alien vendetta? ):

Would've been my first pick as well.

I was about to mention the lack of Alien Vendetta. Probably the best wad released within the first decade since Doom's creation.

My vote is going to be consistent here with my previous views. Valiant is my top choice.

I like them all, but DTWID, Scythe 2 and Memento Mori 2 are the most remarkable in my opinion.
Btw @pcorf, DTWID appears two times on the list.

In order and out of these, I'd say Sunlust, Scythe 2, Eviternity.  But I would say Sunlust by a pretty substantial margin.  Don't get me wrong though, that's a good list of very well-made wads!

Requiem, Perdition's Gate and Hell 2 Pay.

There's lots of good ones on there, but Ancient Aliens and Eviternity particularly stuck out for me, and I couldn't pick a winner, so decided to vote for both of them.

Pcorf you can save this poll by changing one of those dtwids to AV :)

This is impossible. Obviously, all of these wads are very well regarded and rightfully so.

If I had to pick one, it was going to be MM out of sheer loyalty. Just proves how hard it is to top something that WOWs a person at a young age. Thankfully it’s multiple choice, so I also voted for Scythe 1 and Going Down. I’ll add my AV vote in too once it’s on the list!

All great wads, though I've spent the most time with AA, BTSX 1 and DTWID2. And AV.

I'm screen capping this list as a reminder to finish some of these wads.

I feel unoriginal voting for Ancient Aliens since that's the one with the most votes as of this posting, but... it's just so gorgeous, dangit.

Going Down. others are great too, but i'm often found myself playing Going Down yet again for some misterous reason.

5 minutes ago, ketmar said:

Going Down. others are great too, but i'm often found myself playing Going Down yet again for some misterous reason.

It's Cyriak's entrapped souls that neverendingly call for your subconscious to return... and fix your phone's reception.

To the rooooof... to the roooooof.... to the....

Apart from Ancient Aliens, Going Down is so memorable. By forcing all the maps to be within certain constraints the entire WAD contains a consistency to it that I haven't seen in any other. And also it's a joke WAD like AA.

I keep hearing how Eviternity is awesome... should play it one day.

17 minutes ago, Denim Destroyer said:

Without a doubt Going Down. Small fast levels with great difficulty and greater creativity. Really what is there to hate?

Great difficulty.

I would like to see Heartland, Faithless and TNT:Revilution added. Other than those, I have voted Eviternity and Valiant.

Alien Vendetta, Requiem, Hell Revealed, Hell Revealed II and Kama Sutra should be somewhere on that list.

Can't have both Memento Moris and no Requiem :)