Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Lone Wolf

[Summer 2021] Community Mapping Project

How do you find this Community Project ?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Choose your anwer.

• It could be better.
    • Don't make a new community project ever again.
    • You son of pain-elemental.
    • It is good, I loved it.
    • Wasn't the best I've seen but ok.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/21 at 09:00 AM

canvas.png.18769d5cf8752659074b5a23be54e9d6.png                                                              

●So by the entering June and welcoming the Summer. I thought about why don't I publish a new Community Project for this season. I am sure of many of you are keep

waiting for schools to end or have your annual permit to go to a vacation. Before that, let me explain what this project is going to be about, shall we ?

canvas.png.8c40113e21c0542935b161f370999dd4.png

Spoiler

●First of all, I want to fill you with some information for the project to make a shape of what this project going to be like. if you have seen or not, nearly a week ago I opened a new topic in EVERYTHING ELSE section of forum. I asked community members that "what they love or wish to do on their vacation ?" I got answers from tens of people which was similar, same or very different from eachother. That was great but why ? Because when it comes to vacation we picture the same scene mostly in our minds like beach, ice-cream, sun, high temperature, sea, as such, right ? However, when it comes to what we actually do at holidays are mostly different and affected by many factors like our personal desires, hobbies, climate of state we live in, budget issues etc. bla bla bla. Long story short all attenders who is willing to join this project I want you to make a map of what you want to do or doing during your vacation. I know it is like a primary school summer homework when teachers want 1 or 2 graders to practice on their writing and such. This time I want you to make an actual scene from your imagination and put it on your map. It doesn't matter whatever you want to as long as it makes sense and resembles a vacation.

canvas.png.7e2613890ab26cdda38bc59bc54fba34.png

== For MAPPERS ==

Spoiler

No Terry traps please ! (+18 content, racism, sexism, cultism, communism)

You must stick to the base wad sources, nobody is allowed to add something they want to except...

You can use custom pictures for your maps. For example secret rooms, easter eggs and doom cutes, theme based like "winter, desert, forest if you have somethin out of summer".

You can use your own selected or made sky texture for your map.

Do Not use mp3 files. It increases the wad size very much. Instead use .ogg or .mid formats, ok ?

Your map must be UDM Format. * (Zandorum compatibility)

No Dehacked content.

Maps should be designed for only singlepayer and (CO-OP is optional).

All submissions are welcome: Big, Small, Slaughter, Insanely difficult, story telling, puzzle, artistic humorous.

Each attender allowed to make only 1 map.

No secret maps included !

==Players==

Please, leave comments for maps you tested and inform the mapper about if something in map is wrong.

Don't forget to answer the poll also leave your opinion.

DOWNLOAD IS NOW AVALIABLE

DEAD LINE IS 03.07.2021

Edited by THE IMP

Sounds cool, I'll attempt to make a map for it.

Edit: I do wonder how staying inside for hundreds of hours will make a fun doom map.

Edited by Engired : /s

17 hours ago, THE IMP said:

Your map must be UDM Format.

I assume you mean UDMF, but which source port?

Ha I knew I forgot something. Source port should be Zandronum because there are people who can't still play on gz cause of their toasters.

Edited by THE IMP

I actually don't know if I'll be able to make something for this.

I always have a hard time making anything look realistic and I don't have anything summer-y planned.

I don't know why I even signed up.

@Worriedidiot You musn't make something very incredible, outstanding or realistic, this a fun thread, just do what you can do and show it to us. I don't think people get mad or upset. For example, you can choose a space concept and tell that "I always wanted to travel to space at my vacation." There is no limitation to your imagination. The base wad I am going to put on the link is mostly contain useful textures for people to use. If you have a uniquie concept for summer then you are free to add your own textures.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:41 AM, THE IMP said:

You can use custom pictures for your maps. For example secret rooms, easter eggs and doom cutes, theme based like "winter, desert, forest if you have somethin out of summer". 

I've been wondering what you mean by pictures, do you mean textures and flats?

some textures if you really need to. What I meant by pictures is for example you can put a picture of someone or something to put into a secret room.

Currently working on the map. It will be short and punchy.

The textures are quite cool, by the way.

Oh, no! I completely forgot about this project. I'm not sure if I'll be able to whip up something even a little bit enjoyable for this.

If I actually make a map, don't expect high quality.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:45 AM, Worriedidiot said:

Oh, no! I completely forgot about this project. I'm not sure if I'll be able to whip up something even a little bit enjoyable for this.

If I actually make a map, don't expect high quality.

Always good to get speedmapping practice. I'm sure what you come up with will be fun :)

5 minutes ago, obake said:

Always good to get speedmapping practice. I'm sure what you come up with will be fun :)

Thanks!

Speedmaps have never been my strong suit, so I'm making something really short.