Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thestarrover

Compuserve Stuff and Something Else

12 minutes ago, thestarrover said:

Thanks in advance to everyone….. and sorry for the long post.

No apologies required, man. We're all too happy to see some new archived Doom history to explore. Thanks for the comprehensive breakdown of these WADs. :^)

30 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

No apologies required, man. We're all too happy to see some new archived Doom history to explore. Thanks for the comprehensive breakdown of these WADs. :^)

Thanks a lot! When I can I'll upload other wads! :)

This is great. Seems as though you conjured up lost PWADs just by waving a glass wand.

You have my thanks as well, and I hope that you can salvage even more of this stuff.

2 minutes ago, Adamast0r said:

This is great. Seems as though you conjured up lost PWADs just by waving a glass wand.

You have my thanks as well, and I hope that you can salvage even more of this stuff.

Thank you @Adamast0r! I have other stuff to upload in the next few days :)

Sometimes it's fun to play old '94 wads.  Takes me back to when I first got into Doom as an eighth grader, in '95.  Got Ultimate Doom and then got D!Zone with a 700 levels.  And most of those levels were not the best quality, but I had fun playing them nevertheless.

This is fantastic stuff dude. Would love to see you upload more. I love early Doom pwad history! :)

That's pretty cool! You should upload them to the idgames archives, including these most recent updates

4 hours ago, thestarrover said:

Since I don’t want to share file you already have or duplicates or useless ones, I’d like to ask you if you are interested in this sort of things and if you are, please reply on this tread and I will upload them for you when I can.

Of course :-)

42 minutes ago, Noiser said:

That's pretty cool! You should upload them to the idgames archives, including these most recent updates

Of course :-)

Thanks a lot! I am very busy at work in this period and I don't have much free time. Anyway is there some kind of tutorial? I don't know how to do it.

I want to take this chance to thank you for your Doom 4 vanilla. I love play wads on dosbox and your mod is truly amazing! :) :)

11 hours ago, thestarrover said:

Thanks a lot! I am very busy at work in this period and I don't have much free time. Anyway is there some kind of tutorial? I don't know how to do it.

I want to take this chance to thank you for your Doom 4 vanilla. I love play wads on dosbox and your mod is truly amazing! :) :)

the process to update files to idgames had an upgrade this year: 

I didn't tried this launcher yet, but seems to be very easy - you only have to select the zip and txt files. Just don't forget to read the rules or your submission may be rejected.

And thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed D4V! There are more vanilla projects coming soon :-)

Edited by Noiser

3 hours ago, thestarrover said:

New update on my original post :)

Hi pal,maybe a download link in your original post to this great version from enigma episode? =)

7 hours ago, Diabolución said:

Could you upload the whole shebang, please? Duplicates are not an issue, as far as I am concerned.

What do you exactly mean? Do you want me to upload a pack with all the wads I have already uploaded or a pack with the old ones and the ones I haven't uploaded yet?

About the enigma.wad dated 1995, have you ever seen it? Do you know it or have some info about it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I actually mean the latter.

As to The Enigma Episode (old version), I fail to find a download link for said PWAD in the original post.

In my opinion a pack with the old ones and the ones you haven't uploaded yet would be just great, don't make the work twice.. and don't forget to upload the enigma episode :D

On 6/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, thestarrover said:

I have other Compuserve levels. Some of them are not available in the idgames archive, some others are first/original/early version of the wads in the archive (however a double check of these file is mandatory)

Since I don’t want to share file you already have or duplicates or useless ones, I’d like to ask you if you are interested in this sort of things and if you are, please reply on this tread and I will upload them for you when I can.

Yes, please share anything and everything you have. The easiest way to do it is to upload it on archive.org, or if that's too complicated and you have a Google account, just put them on Google Drive or Dropbox and share a link. Others can take care of the rest.

9 hours ago, fraggle said:

Yes, please share anything and everything you have. The easiest way to do it is to upload it on archive.org, or if that's too complicated and you have a Google account, just put them on Google Drive or Dropbox and share a link. Others can take care of the rest.

Ok!

I''ll upload all my Compuserve stuff  on google drive in the next few days.

A wad is not in the pack I uploaded because I doesn't have the txt file and I do not have info about the author and the wad itself

ABOOSORD.WAD.

Is the author the same as ABOOCEAN.WAD ,Bob Reganess ,maybe?

That is definitely a Bob Reganess wad, he titled every file to begin with "ABOO" - https://www.doomworld.com/idgames//index.php?search=1&field=textfile&word=Reganess&sort=time&order=asc&page=1

Please do share it! If there's no text file that's OK, still better to have the file saved on one of the big archives even without credit (smart of him to name the files this way - it would probably be unidentified forever if he hadn't!)

ABOOSORD was map04 of ABOOCEAN. For some reason he released it as a standalone wad with no textfile pretty much simultaneously.

Both wads, as Bob released them, are also on the Quake 'em CD, which appeared to take a fair amount of its content from the CompuServe Action Games forum's file libraries - at any rate, I found some files there that I remembered but had not backed up at the time. The files on the CD are self-extractors, but you can open then with 7zip (etc.) - I suggest a mass-renaming of them as zip files once you've downloaded it to make this easier. Incidentally, 5LEVELS on that CD is another Bob Reganess wad (where he didn't use his standard naming convention)* - it has three levels in common with ABOO4 (with at least some differences, in map02 for instance), but two others that aren't in ones already released. No txt, but I've attached it. I communicated with Bob years ago, and he was happy for his stuff to be rereleased.

5LEVELS.zip

By the way, the file date-stamps on the Quake 'em CD should be ignored - they appear to be the date the shovelware guys downloaded them (even when the files were in zip files on CompuServe).

Edit: checking back through emails, I found that Bob wrote "The map Aboosord was stripped from another wad I made to make it easier for a friend to get." So no deep reason for it being a standalone wad.

* Assuming, that is, that someone else didn't steal his levels and add some other stuff to it. Looking at the two extra levels and the lack of "Bobmuzak", this is conceivable.

Edited by Grazza

20 hours ago, Grazza said:

ABOOSORD was map04 of ABOOCEAN. For some reason he released it as a standalone wad with no textfile pretty much simultaneously.

Both wads, as Bob released them, are also on the Quake 'em CD, which appeared to take a fair amount of its content from the CompuServe Action Games forum's file libraries - at any rate, I found some files there that I remembered but had not backed up at the time. The files on the CD are self-extractors, but you can open then with 7zip (etc.) - I suggest a mass-renaming of them as zip files once you've downloaded it to make this easier. Incidentally, 5LEVELS on that CD is another Bob Reganess wad (where he didn't use his standard naming convention)* - it has three levels in common with ABOO4 (with at least some differences, in map02 for instance), but two others that aren't in ones already released. No txt, but I'll attached it. I communicated with Bob years ago, and he was happy for his stuff to be rereleased.

5LEVELS.zip

By the way, the file date-stamps on the Quake 'em CD should be ignored - they appear to be the date the shovelware guys downloaded them (even when the files were in zip files on CompuServe).

Edit: checking back through emails, I found that Bob wrote "The map Aboosord was stripped from another wad I made to make it easier for a friend to get." So no deep reason for it being a standalone wad.

* Assuming, that is, that someone else didn't steal his levels and add some other stuff to it. Looking at the two extra levels and the lack of "Bobmuzak", this is conceivable.

Thanks @Grazza! Fantastic post. I downloaded Quake 'em cd sometime ago. It is famous for its Compuserve stuff and, at that time, I was looking for the Odessa wads, but unfortunately there aren't one :(

Regarding Bob Reganess I found, on a Pc Gamer issue from august 1995,  ABOO5TH.ZIP and on Doom Wad Station ABOOSYSV.ZIP. ABOO5TH is already on idgames and ABOOSYSV.ZIP is available in the @Doomkid wadpack so I tough I wouldn't upload them

Edited by thestarrover