Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MannerKing

Bryce Wallpapers

12 hours ago, Kokoro Hane said:

Oooh, these are really neat! I especially love Cliff Castle and Space Station ^^

Yeah, the kind of stuff you can make is awesome.

Made a new one. I figured I'd post new wallpapers in this thread instead of making new threads all together.

====================

Cloud Watchers

====================

CloudWatchers_1920x1080.jpg.652d69b7f84e69971b67fcc3f76aa4fd.jpg

53 minutes ago, MannerKing said:

====================

Valley City

====================

Valley_City_1920x1080.jpg.2476da7c0feb5bb7769ad06cdc05a604.jpg

looks nice ima use it

Spoiler

1084114657_Screenshotfrom2022-04-0220-02-48.png.83c2364198b5fe083d906ff3af56546f.png

I just remembered that I created some custom skyboxes for a couple of deathmatch maps. These too were also created in Bryce. I'll put these out there for anyone to use if they want to. Enjoy!

peaks.png.5690d2429608390ebcec376d200a81a3.png

clouds.png.b227dae5f43e939155fa9bf0aad55ae4.png

Aaah, Bryce. That takes me back... the PC magazine I bought every month would have some Bryce utility in it ever single time, without fail. 

Yeah I'm learning more and more as I go on. With Space Coffee I messed around with volumetric effects. So the atmosphere you see on Mars and the blueish-purpleish nebulas you see in the background are basically just 3d shapes with volumetric effects put on them.

Maybe the next wallpaper I do I'll try doing a city theme and see what cool things I can do there.

(sorry for the delayed response, I have a bad habit of not checking up on things as often as I probably should.)

====================

Rendered Wonderland

====================

renderedwonderland_1920x1080.jpg.b84f7af1063f24a7b9c1a34ce5a28de3.jpg

(My apologies for not posting in a while, I've been busy with college. I thought I'd toss in a simple little render here just in time for Christmas. Have fun and Merry Christmas everyone!)

I like how everyone else is saying these feel nostalgic to the 90's and early 2000's, and my younger person brain just immediately goes to Hynospace Outlaw, which is set around the same time.

Very interesting wallpapers, City Scape and Flora Firmware are my personal favourites.

On 12/12/2022 at 4:50 PM, MannerKing said:

====================

Rendered Wonderland

====================

Spoiler

renderedwonderland_1920x1080.jpg.b84f7af1063f24a7b9c1a34ce5a28de3.jpg

(My apologies for not posting in a while, I've been busy with college. I thought I'd toss in a simple little render here just in time for Christmas. Have fun and Merry Christmas everyone!)

No need to apologize, King - life gets in the way sometimes.

But if you posted these gems more often, I definitely wouldn't complain.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:02 AM, MannerKing said:

====================

Space Coffee

====================

SpaceCoffee_1920x1080.jpg.346864fbfc684ffd9e90fe925729e555.jpg

Damn. Can I order my space coffee in bulk? Some of your images look wonderful. :)

These wallpapers remind me SF book covers, for example Stephen King’s Dark tower 4’s book, the one I finished a few days ago or some of Robert Silverberg’s Majipoor books.

11 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

No need to apologize, King - life gets in the way sometimes.

But if you posted these gems more often, I definitely wouldn't complain.

I've thought about posting more simple renders, ones that maybe aren't as detailed in terms of the amount of stuff that is in the landscape. Lone Mountain and Sky Lawn are examples I'm thinking of. Something that isn't too crowded or flashy because inevitably the more detail and objects you want the more time it takes to finish the render.

Maybe every now and then I'll do a really detailed piece and see what it's like. I'm still learning how to use this software so it will be interesting to see what I learn as time goes on.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:39 AM, HorseJockey said:

These are fantastic. They remind me of late 90's wallpapers. Really creative, Keep up the awesome work. 

I agree. HEAVY 90s vibes going here. Almost looks like something that's be included in a wallpaper collection on CD back then.

====================

High Peaks

====================

HighPeaks_1920x1080.jpg.4a4b8fffb2f7417defd25dbbe093fabb.jpg

====================

World Tree

====================

WorldTree_1920x1080.jpg.c505ebbbf6b72dbd044dc137208dde72.jpg

====================

Mountain Crystal

====================

MountainCrystal_1920x1080.jpg.0df10b29e001f826425d233a2e9d4f5c.jpg

High Peaks was the last one that I created and I learned a technique from a youtube tutorial called terrain stacking. The idea is that you take multiple of the same terrain, each one at different resolutions and you stack them on top of each other. You then add materials and mess with the lighting to your liking.

I will most certainly be experimenting with terrain stacking as time goes on as I like how High Peaks turned out.