Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
styd051

PSX DOOM CE Fall Of Triton Edition

22 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

Please if you get the chance, remove the damper on the player's speed when you reach critical health.

don't worry I already removed them

here are two other videos to show you my progression

MAP02

MAP03

I will show you more in the days to come !

Edited by styd051

HI ALL !

I announce you some really bad news, I lost my save of my work on Episode Fall Of Triton 2, so that means I have to start all over again, so I decide that Episode Fall Of Triton 2 will be paused and delayed, because I don't have the motivation at the moment to start all over, but do not worry i will publish as same my mod with the Fall Of Triton and The Vortex Catastrophe campaign available, i will notify Molecicco for who will do the last verification on my mod, and once the verification is complete I publish my mod, for Fall Of Triton 2 episode I will add it later, because I will embark on another project which will be to make Playstation DOOM Reloaded compatible for PSX DOOM CE.

I'm so sorry for Episode Fall Of Triton  2 what just happened to me forgive me :(

cordially

styd051

6 minutes ago, styd051 said:

HI ALL !

I announce you some really bad news, I lost my save of my work on Episode Fall Of Triton 2, so that means I have to start all over again, so I decide that Episode Fall Of Triton 2 will be paused and delayed, because I don't have the motivation at the moment to start all over, but do not worry i will publish as same my mod with the Fall Of Triton and The Vortex Catastrophe campaign available, i will notify Molecicco for who will do the last verification on my mod, and once the verification is complete I publish my mod, for Fall Of Triton 2 episode I will add it later, because I will embark on another project which will be to make Playstation DOOM Reloaded compatible for PSX DOOM CE.

I'm so sorry for Episode Fall Of Triton  2 what just happened to me forgive me :(

cordially

styd051

Shit happens, what can you do? Btw, There is going to be an actual FoT2 from Rockhardgamer45 and not just a remake of the original Beewen did. Be better to wait for that one instead.

1 minute ago, Impboy4 said:

Shit happens, what can you do? Btw, There is going to be an actual FoT2 from Rockhardgamer45 and not just a remake of the original Beewen did. Be better to wait for that one instead.

hi Impboy4

yes I saw who will have a FOT 2 I really can not wait to play it and make it compatible for PSX DOOM CE later ! but for the moment you have to wait for Rockhardgamer45 to finish it.

for Fall Of Triton Remake of Beewen I would do it anyway, but when I'm done making Playstation DOOM Reloaded compatible for PSX DOOM CE.

hi all

soon you will be able to play PSX DOOM CE FALL OF TRITON EDITION !

Molecicco checks if my mod has no details missing.

I'll keep you posted when he's finished.

PSX DOOM CE FALL OF TRITON EDITION and now available !

You can download it here https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/addons/psx-doom-ce-fall-of-triton-edition-100#downloadsform

you will need the latest version of PSX DOOM CE otherwise there will be missing resources https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/downloads/psx-doom-ce-203-full-version

for installation:

just drag and drop the pk3 in gzdoom.exe in the PSX DOOM CE folder (latest version) using the load order below.

LOAD ORDER

- PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.pk3

- PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.Addon.GFX.PBR.pk3

- PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.Addon.GFX.Upscale.pk3

if you encounter texture bugs, or monsters stuck in the walls, let me know and I will fix them for a future update.

good game to you all !

Edited by styd051

I assume you can play this just fine without the upscaling stuff if you don't like them?😁

3 hours ago, Muusi said:

I assume you can play this just fine without the upscaling stuff if you don't like them?😁

Of course, but with I find that it makes the mod even better.

5 hours ago, Muusi said:

One of the interesting aspects of running this map pack inside my mod is that, if you want to, you can play it using Purist-friendly settings and imagine how it would have looked and felt if it was released in the PSX (of course, just pretend since this is GZDoom after all, but I've made the effort to implement as much as I could using ZScript). It's not only visual, using the correct settings even the speeds and behavior are approximated to the original.

It won't look like that by default, though. The fastest way to achieve it to just remove/move/rename all pk3 files labeled with "Addon" so they don't autoload, then load the mod and go to "Features > Choose Default Preset > Vanilla Preset" and finally start a new game.

So you can make it look like this:

Screenshot_PsxDoomCE_20210712_091310.png.c988f7c683af9a65ef83143b9574426f.png

Or the exact opposite, like this (notice the doom 64 gradients, this is what you'd typically see in other's screenshots and videos):

Screenshot_PsxDoomCE_20210712_092803.png.05251b9dcc3260079dd4e5919c3e970b.png

small update

Version 1.0.1

Updated for compatibility with DOOM CE 2.0.6.
Added a batch file to launch the map set.

same as PSX DOOM CE Playstation DOOM Reloaded EDITION it was not compatible with the latest version of PSX DOOM CE, now it should work I updated them, thanks again to Molecicco for warning me.

download PSX DOOM CE FALL OF TRITON EDITION here https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/addons/psx-doom-ce-fall-of-triton-edition-100

download PSX DOOM CE here https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/downloads/psx-doom-ce-206-full-version1

for installation, so you need to extract it from the zip file first in the folder of the latest version of PSX DOOM CE. Then just run PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.bat.

new small update

Version 1.0.1.1

Fixed a teleporter bug on Map 27 not working and preventing campaign progress

thanks to DashieSparkle for reporting this bug

On 6/7/2021 at 9:29 AM, styd051 said:

hi everyone !

i'm announcing a new project i want to do, it is to make compatible Fall Of Trion, Fall Of Trion 2 and more are extension "The Vortex Catastrophe" on the mod PSX DOOM CE created by molecicco, a version which greatly improves PSX DOOM
and which makes the game even better than the original version !

if you want more info on the PSX DOOM CE mod it's here by molecicco

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce

this project i call it PSX DOOM CE Fall Of Triton Edition

204741012_DOOMPSX.png.49ae925c54bc38df3178ce3af40bc64a.png

What's in the version PSX DOOM CE Fall Of Triton Edition ?

-there will be the two megawads Fall Of Triton, Fall Of Triton 2, and are The Vortex Catastrophe expansion merge into one game, and fully compatible with PSX DOOM CE, you can choose them in the episode selection.

-over 92 new maps for PSX DOOM fully compatible with PSX DOOM CE.

-50% health speed penalty on Fall Of Triton 2 will be deleted.

-texture bugs will be fixed on some maps compared to the original version, and daemon placement bugs will be fixed on some maps.

-Imp Nightmare will be improved compare the original version

-the music will be replaced by Doom Playstation: Official Soundtrack - 20th Anniversary Extended Edition, and Final Doom Playstation: Official Soundtrack - 20th Anniversary Extended Edition, to have a better quality and better atmosphere of PSX DOOM.

Installation

-download PSX DOOM CE FALL OF TRITON EDITION HERE https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/addons/psx-doom-ce-fall-of-triton-edition-100

-you must download the latest version of PSX DOOM CE otherwise there will be missing resources https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/downloads/psx-doom-ce-206-full-version1

-ModDB doesn't let me upload pk3s directly, so you need to extract it from the zip file first. Then, just run PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.bat.

-If you use the lite version of DOOM CE or have removed some addons, you can remove the respective pk3s labeled "addon" from this set too so they don't get loaded.

Progression of PSX DOOM CE Fall Of Triton Edition

-Fall Of Triton finished and now compatible for PSX DOOM CE

Reveal hidden contents

MAP01 now compatible 

MAP02 now compatible 

MAP03 now compatible 

MAP04 now compatible 

MAP05 now compatible 

MAP06 now compatible 

MAP07 now compatible 

MAP08 now compatible 

MAP09 now compatible 

MAP10 now compatible 

MAP11 now compatible 

MAP12 now compatible 

MAP13 now compatible 

MAP14 now compatible 

MAP15 now compatible

MAP16 now compatible 

MAP17 now compatible  

MAP18 now compatible 

MAP19 now compatible 

MAP20 now compatible 

MAP21 now compatible 

MAP22 now compatible 

MAP23 now compatible 

MAP24 now compatible 

MAP25 now compatible 

MAP26 now compatible 

MAP27 now compatible 

MAP28 now compatible 

MAP29 now compatible

MAP30 now compatible 

MAP31 now compatible 

MAP32 now compatible

BONUS01 now compatible 

BONUS02 now compatible

BONUS03 now compatible

BONUS04 now compatible

BONUS05 now compatible

BONUS06 now compatible

BONUS07 now compatible

BONUS08 now compatible

-The Vortex Catastrophe finished and now compatible for PSX DOOM CE

Reveal hidden contents

MAP01 now compatible

MAP02 now compatible

MAP03 now compatible

MAP04 now compatible

MAP05 now compatible

MAP06 now compatible

MAP07 now compatible

MAP08 now compatible

MAP09 now compatible

MAP10 now compatible

MAP11 now compatible

MAP12 now compatible

-Fall Of Triton Remake paused for the moment

Reveal hidden contents

MAP01 now compatible 

MAP02 now compatible 

MAP03 now compatible 

MAP04 now compatible 

MAP05 now compatible 

MAP06 now compatible 

MAP07 now compatible 

MAP08 not compatible 

MAP09 not compatible 

MAP10 not compatible 

MAP11 not compatible 

MAP12 not compatible 

MAP13 not compatible 

MAP14 not compatible 

MAP15 not compatible

MAP16 not compatible 

MAP17 not compatible  

MAP18 not compatible 

MAP19 not compatible 

MAP20 not compatible 

MAP21 not compatible 

MAP22 not compatible 

MAP23 not compatible 

MAP24 not compatible 

MAP25 not compatible 

MAP26 not compatible 

MAP27 not compatible 

MAP28 not compatible 

MAP29 not compatible

MAP30 not compatible 

MAP31 not compatible 

MAP32 not compatible

BONUS01 now compatible 

BONUS02 now compatible

BONUS03 now compatible

BONUS04 now compatible

BONUS05 not compatible

BONUS06 not compatible

BONUS07 not compatible

BONUS08 not compatible

-Fall Of Triton 2 in development by RHG 45

CHANGELOG

Reveal hidden contents

Version 1.0.1

Updated for compatibility with DOOM CE 2.0.6.
Added a batch file to launch the map set.

Version 1.0.1.1

Fixed a teleporter bug on Map 27 not working and preventing campaign progress

But other project PSX DOOM

-PSX DOOM CE PLAYSTATION DOOM RELOADED EDITION https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/123241-psx-doom-ce-playstation-doom-reloaded-edition/

///// CREDITS \\\\\

RHG 45 for Fall Of Triton, Fall Of Triton 2 and The Vortex Catastrophe

BeeWen for Fall Of Triton Remake

Molecicco for PSX DOOM CE

Wow, thats great news

PSX DOOM WADS are awesome. 

Congrats to you and RHG45 ( The fall of Triton is awesome!)

Now just to clarify, i know that there is Fall of Triton, and There is a Fall of Triton remake (TRITON 2), besides those 2 ¿there would be a Fall of Triton sequel?

Great work guys

40 minutes ago, Eduapy said:

Now just to clarify, i know that there is Fall of Triton, and There is a Fall of Triton remake (TRITON 2), besides those 2 ¿there would be a Fall of Triton sequel?

I thank you !

yes of course there will be a sequel for Fall Of Triton, RHG45 has already started working on it, and when Fall Of Triton 2 is finished, I will also make it compatible for PSX DOOM CE in the future.

Here is a Fall Of Triton 2 teaser made by RHG45

I also recommend the megawad PlayStation Doom Reloaded of RHG45 it is awesome ! (and at the moment I am working to make the FALLEN EARTH campaign compatible for PSX DOOM CE which will be available soon !)

3 hours ago, styd051 said:

I thank you !

yes of course there will be a sequel for Fall Of Triton, RHG45 has already started working on it, and when Fall Of Triton 2 is finished, I will also make it compatible for PSX DOOM CE in the future.

Here is a Fall Of Triton 2 teaser made by RHG45

I also recommend the megawad PlayStation Doom Reloaded of RHG45 it is awesome ! (and at the moment I am working to make the FALLEN EARTH campaign compatible for PSX DOOM CE which will be available soon !)

The Fall of Triton 2 looks sick, cannot wait 

I will try The PSX Reloaded, hope that 3rd episode goes well 

@Eduapy Yep I am currently working on Fall of Triton II. Still a very early WIP. I am hoping to release an actual trailer/gameplay within the first half of 2022. But for now here are a couple  more pics ( ; 

1326722284_GZDOOMg4.2.164-bit(2019-09-1006_43_080200)28_12_202118_48_04.png.ddc1082b64746f259abc245e0c40eec4.pngTRITON4.jpg.09be38d798274704a12ba30d26b81c74.jpg

On 12/28/2021 at 4:10 PM, RHG 45 said:

@Eduapy Yep I am currently working on Fall of Triton II. Still a very early WIP. I am hoping to release an actual trailer/gameplay within the first half of 2022. But for now here are a couple  more pics ( ; 

1326722284_GZDOOMg4.2.164-bit(2019-09-1006_43_080200)28_12_202118_48_04.png.ddc1082b64746f259abc245e0c40eec4.pngTRITON4.jpg.09be38d798274704a12ba30d26b81c74.jpg

@RHG 45wow, looks sick, you are working in this and the 3rd episode of PSX Doom Reloaded. You are a pro.

Good luck with your project man 

Hate to bump this after 8 months, but:
Is there a chance to see a "lite" version that does not require OGG music? This is a 330 MB download and like 250 MB of it is because of the music tracks included. I guess not all of these have MIDI counterparts available, but it would be great if there was a release that minimized filesize somehow. Fully aware that we are living in modern times and even 1 GB isn't really much any more - this is rather about efficiency.

Edited by NightFright

Might be a fair compromise solution. Just dunno if this has all the tracks used in Triton. But well, some remapping could be done in the worst case, I guess.

Maybe those tracks would have to remain in their current format, but with stronger compression. OGGs with 192 kbps are definitely overkill for gaming purposes, you will not notice the improved quality. In my experience, you can easily go down to 64-128 kbps (still higher quality than MP3s with identical bitrate) and gain quite a few MB. Doing so for the entire Triton pack would already shave off 100+ MB easily.

With even more radical OGG compression (22kHz mono) which you can still barely notice ingame compared to the monstrous original files, I get the entire package down to merely 60 MB, which would be acceptable.

1 hour ago, NightFright said:

I get the entire package down to merely 60 MB, which would be acceptable.

Hm... It is only up to 90 Mb for me... Maybe I need to re-compress some music again...

Minimum size would probably be around 8-10 MB, provided music was completely replaced with MIDIs (which depend on the PSX soundfonts that come with Doom CE). However, I don't think the bonus tracks have ever been MIDIfied.