Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ALPINED

Why does DOOM Marine in DOOM 1-2 wear gloves but when he has the fist he dosen't have them?

His gloves are rubber so if he punches a monster with a rubber glove on his hand it just kinda bounces off and doesn't hurt them

They always looked more like leather work gloves to me.

My thought was that he's just always wearing the knuckle duster and whenever he need to slap some demons he just takes them off so that way he doesn't need to waste any more time taking on and off gloves than absolutely necessary.

What nonsense is this? Everyone knows this is common courtesy.

A real gentleman of refinement politely removes his gloves first, then slaps the offender across the face with them. Only then can he engage the foe and beat the living daylights out of them.

Anything less than that is savage and uncivilised. 

Posted (edited)

Of course he uses gloves when operating precise instruments of death  like a true proffesional. Also, i like to think that it prevents his hands from being singed. I imagine that the Plasma Gun or Chaingun can get pretty hot pretty quickly when constantly fired for a while.

But fisticuffs? That's a lawless land.

You know that bit in Symphony of the Night where Dracula throws his wine glass on the floor before he fights you?

That's what Doomguy does every time he takes his fist out.

Somebody please make a wad where Doomguy takes off his glove and holds it in front of him when you switch to it, and glove-slap the baddies

You know how Kurt Angle would take his straps down when he got really pissed?

It's sort of like that.