Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

Repository Dump [temp mirror added]

Just a heads up, the megadump posted by Torm also includes submissions that, due to author request or some other reasons, were hidden/taken down. Here's a list of the ones I've found:

• Autogun
  • Assassin (permission pending)
  • Creepy Crow Sounds
  • Daedabus
  • DBig Font Square
  • Doom 64 Textures (the regular ones, not the variants)
  • G3
  • id Shadowed Big Font
  • Railbot
  • Redneck Rampage Texture Pack (the doom palleted one, I suggest using the other one)
  • Sonic Railgun
  • Thunder Fork
  • Vore
  • Distant Warzone Gunfire

If you want to use them, you should contact their authors first, anything else is free to use.

Edited by Gothic

45 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I don't think he is doing what he does for that specific purpose. ''Look at this exclusive stuff nobody else has.''  Why would he offer a zipped copy of the entire repository if that was his intent?

idk, i can't think of any other reason as to why the website goes down whenever he does something stupid two times in a row. i'm sure there's reasons for it

24 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Just a heads up, the megadump posted by Torm also includes submissions that their authors requested to be hidden/taken down. 

Thank you for notifying everyone Gothic, that's certainly appreciated!

Edited by Dragonfly

20 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Just a heads up, the megadump posted by Torm also includes submissions that their authors requested to be hidden/taken down. Here's a list of the ones I've found:

• Assasin
  • Autogun
  • Creepy Crow Sounds
  • Daedabus
  • DBig Font Square
  • Doom 64 Textures (the regular ones, not the variants)
  • G3
  • id Shadowed Big Font
  • Railbot
  • Redneck Rampage Texture Pack (the doom palleted one, I suggest using the other one)
  • Sonic Railgun
  • Thunder Fork
  • Vore
  • Distant Warzone Gunfire

If you want to use them, you should contact their authors first, anything else is free to use.

Thanks for this, going to have to bookmark this so that I remember this

Funny thing is, I was actually the author of the Assassin (I went by Hellstorm Archon back in the day), and I never asked my submission to be taken down.

If anything, I was actually kind of baffled as to why it was no longer there in the first place.

So yeah, you pretty much have my official permission to use the Assassin if you so desire.

5 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

Funny thing is, I was actually the author of the Assassin (I went by Hellstorm Archon back in the day), and I never asked my submission to be taken down.

If anything, I was actually kind of baffled as to why it was no longer there in the first place.

So yeah, you pretty much have my official permission to use the Assassin if you so desire.

this is confusing, so how many people have actually asked for their wads to be taken down or hidden if this kind of shit happened?

18 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

Wait, the Assassin as in the dude with the Revenant head? What I heard on ZDoom forums way back was that Woolie Wool and Xim made those sprites for Agent Hernandez, and didn't want it used outside of that mod. I had it in my Strife mod, and I took it out, then I noticed it was on Realm667 too and pointed it out. I might have messed up some details though because this was like 2014.

Also, didn't know you were Hellstorm Archon, nice.

2 hours ago, Obsidian Plague said:

Torm's just released the entire repository on his website as a single zip. Downloading it all then hosting it on my website.

So I accidently hit the FTP connect limit on my website, and accidently uploaded it too fast to archive.org, woops

y'all will have to wait until tomorrow, then

11 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

this is confusing, so how many people have actually asked for their wads to be taken down or hidden if this kind of shit happened?

It's not like it is an easily exploitable thing, I can confirm that Captain Toenail requested some of his submission to be taken down, Blue Shadow also confirmed the same with the Daedabus and the Sonic Railgun. The Doom 64 texture set was approved, but the author though on working on it more, but as for now hasn't delivered yet.

23 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

Wait, the Assassin as in the dude with the Revenant head? What I heard on ZDoom forums way back was that Woolie Wool and Xim made those sprites for Agent Hernandez, and didn't want it used outside of that mod. I had it in my Strife mod, and I took it out, then I noticed it was on Realm667 too and pointed it out. I might have messed up some details though because this was like 2014.

Also, didn't know you were Hellstorm Archon, nice.

Oh, I actually had no idea back then about who exactly made the sprites and I just thought they looked cool (Woolie Wool and Xim), so I think that might’ve explained the Assassin’s disappearance.

And yeah, I actually still go by Hellstorm Archon over at the ZDoom forums.

I dunno why, I guess it’s just that username still holds a lot of sentimental value to me.

I don't usually participate in doom communities unless I need to ask an author to update a dead link for his mod or get permission to use resources or something but... Wtf? He deleted the single most important archive of modding resources in the Doom community out of spite for a few forum users? Even if you don't believe the criticism coming from some posters on this website is fair how much of a massive egotistical manchild do you have to be to punish everybody for that, going so far as to deal such a damaging blow to your own hobby? Wow. What a pathetic end to this entire epoch of Doom modding. The only person this reflects negatively on is you, torm.

I would appreciate if someone could reupload the wall texture packs the website hosted, but for my part here are the files I had saved:

SmartGun.zip

PolyMorph.zip

Deviation Launcher.zip

1 hour ago, doitdoitdoit said:

.. Wtf? He deleted the single most important archive of modding resources in the Doom community out of spite for a few forum users?

No. It was offline for a few hours due to problems with the hosting company.

1 hour ago, doitdoitdoit said:

I would appreciate if someone could reupload the wall texture packs the website hosted, but for my part here are the files I had saved:

here you go

33 minutes ago, doitdoitdoit said:

Ah ok. I vaguely stumbled over the incidents from the past few days but didn't read this whole thread through, my bad. Thanks.

Don't feel too bad, if it was a problem with the hosting company (this is the first I'm hearing of it myself) then the timing was a hell of an unfortunate coincidence, and plenty of people reasonably drew the logical, if uncharitable, conclusion.

I mirrored the entire R667 download on my github repo. I unzipped the download into its constituent parts so it is easier to download single items. Note - none of these are mine - credits go to respective authors of each item.

It is otherwise unsorted.

https://github.com/smeghammer/r667_mirror

Note it is into two folders as > 1000 files in a single folder won't display.

Edited by smeghammer

I think some people know this/noticed but R667 has two latest additions being a sniper rifle and red ghost thingie.