Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynamo

Discussion About Realm667

Shouldn't we just create a new thread for this instead of posting here? There may be people still wanting to talk about BoA and not the death of Realm667.

1 minute ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Shouldn't we just create a new thread for this instead of posting here? There may be people still wanting to talk about BoA and not the death of Realm667.

ye probably

1 minute ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Agreed, and for what it's worth the Blade of Agony site itself is actually still up and running.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I've downloaded a large number of Realm667 assets over the years, though not all of them are the most up to date versions.  I was staggered when I found that I'd downloaded 79 of the custom monsters and 38 props.  I can upload a ZIP file of them if people want.

Edit: just seen the above post about a new thread.

Thanks. Let's build something positive out of this - it's great to see people already coming together to rebuild.

The BoA subdomain is still up (and points to the same IP), and the server is returning error 500 for the main r667 site.  That is an internal server error, not a "Not Found" error.  So it's kinda hard to say for sure IMO as it could be on-purpose or just a coincidence.

Just now, Remilia Scarlet said:

The BoA subdomain is still up (and points to the same IP), and the server is returning error 500 for the main r667 site.  That is an internal server error, not a "Not Found" error.  So it's kinda hard to say for sure IMO as it could be on-purpose or just a coincidence.

it's too perfectly timed to be a coincidence, though

Just now, Remilia Scarlet said:

this seems to happen every single time he's involved in drama, so i think it's safe to say it's on purpose

19 minutes ago, roadworx said:

so.

kind of the end of an era, ain't it.

Oi, this is the end of eera innit bruv ?

More seriously, it certainly seems to be that, thankfully Arlene and some other people have come together to recover as much of the repository as possible. SGTMKIV is too with a groupp of people I think, but it's probably a diffferent one from Arlene.

I myself just hope the whole repository will be recovered, and will be added to a new and better one, which will also accept DeHackEd, DEHEXTRA, DECORATE, ZScript, EDF, VavoomC, ACTORDEF etc submissions (In separate categories obviously.).

Hopefully it also won't have the stupid no PK3 submission rule Realm667 did until I managed to change Tormentors' mind.

1 minute ago, Remilia Scarlet said:

It's 100% intentional, besides the timing of it happening shortly after the drama, the whole site besides the BoA page also went down apperantly right after Daniel was banned from this forum.

EDIT: Looks like 2 other people said that last one before me lol.

I'm not too up on the history of the drama surrounding r667 and BoA, but yeah it probably is ^_^;  I'm just saying that the logical side of me can't tell 100% for sure, and also just stating what I noticed from a technical standpoint.

Call the new archive "Hell Keep"  reference to E3M1

Wish I could provide some files but I never really got any resources from there.

1 minute ago, sluggard said:

Call the new archive "Hell Keep"  reference to E3M1

damn that's actually really clever lol

What a horrible hill to die on, this is an awful way to go, this Tormentor guy basically went down like a salty kid losing on a tabletop game then flipping the board.

ive downloaded the entire site, all recourses and everything. but i aint gonna share cause im afraid of legal issues that may come with it

11 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

ive downloaded the entire site, all recourses and everything. but i aint gonna share cause im afraid of legal issues that may come with it

Iirc, the resources were meant to be free to use with credit so I don't see any issue with reuploading them.

1 minute ago, Terraformer9x said:

Iirc, the resources were meant to be free to use with credit so I don't see any issue with reuploading them.

what about the site itself. i downloaded what i could. 

13 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

What legal issues? Everything on R667 was community made I'm pretty sure. You wouldn't be uploading anything that wasn't already uploaded before.

1 minute ago, Reelvonic said:

The main concern right now is getting back atleast the repository, if you have the entire repository, please upload what you can here:

unfortunately just when r667 shuts down, i cant have access to my computer because the technician is fixing it, so i cant upload the shitton of resources i have downloaded from there :(

16 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

Tormentor doesn't own the resources submited, he just hosted them. Most of them were made by the community, by people who wanted their stuff shared around and used. A few things were submited by Tormentor himself, but I'd argue it should be fine still, given that the stuff he submited were all based off of other's people's stuff too from what I remember.

14 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

Can you find the wad/zip files from the repo? That's the only thing that matters.

3 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Can you find the wad/zip files from the repo? That's the only thing that matters.

Well I myself have sent 83 original ZIP files I had saved on my downloads folder and never deleted over the years to Arlene. And my own two submissions obviously. I could send all that too you too if you want. Also is Blue Shadow aware of all this shit yet ?