• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynamo

Discussion About Realm667

Just now, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

RIP

Realm667

here are some stuff I download from that website.

REALM 667 TRIBUTE.zip

let's not be sad it's gone, let's be happy that we had joy of experiencing it 

might wanna post that to the repository dump topic instead

Torm is really beginning to dig himself deeper into the hole he has made.

Just now, TheNoob_Gamer said:

You can refer to this thread to post what you gathered on Realm667, a centralized place would make archiving efforts much easier.

just did that

10 minutes ago, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

let's not be sad it's gone, let's be happy that we had joy of experiencing it 

Makes sense, but sometimes, it feels like how it ended could have been avoided.

At least we can just make sure it doesn't happen again.

21 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Can you find the wad/zip files from the repo? That's the only thing that matters.

so uhhhh, your gonna find this hilarious. i was looking for it. and it turns out last month i ended up deleting the whole thing.       fuck

I would like to mention that some of the resources never actually left the forums, despite being perfectly fine. If anyone has files they got off the forums, or even wants to dig through them on archive.org, now might be a good time to do so.

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

I would like to mention that some of the resources never actually left the forums, despite being perfectly fine. If anyone has files they got off the forums, or even wants to dig through them on archive.org, now might be a good time to do so.

welp im on it

2 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Realm667 going down is a huge blow to the community, whether or not you're a fan of Tormentor. I really hope people can upload a backup or at least still have their files for re-upload at a different site. 

Agreed. Idc much about the drama and I frankly don't want to subject myself to any of it, but that archive gave resources to a countless number of mods. I haven't been in this community very long, yet I've seen dozens that use at least a piece of an asset from the repository.

2 hours ago, inkoalawetrust said:

I'd much rather have a repository that allows any Doom resources from DeHackEd to DECORATE and ZScript to even EDF and VavoomC, to improve upon Realm667 having only been a ZDoom repository. Rather than one that still forces me into the shitty alternative of a thread nobody will see.

I can get behind this, especially since VavoomC, EDF, hell even Pascalscript resources are massively lacking. Might even promote new modders to make something on those underappreciated ports, who knows?

i think i missed something but didnt tormentor said the resources will stay or his leaving wouldnt affect the site with resources?.

24 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

I remember finding some really neat stuff in there that was never put into the repository.  I hope someone has access to a lot of that stuff.

2 minutes ago, Z0k said:

i think i missed something but didnt tormentor said the resources will stay or his leaving wouldnt affect the site with resources?.

The thing you missed was him being banned from DW.  At this point, even if he decides to bring R667 back up tomorrow, I'd still prefer an alternate repository.  Keeping up with his mood swings is too much.

2 minutes ago, Z0k said:

yeah, he also said he was leaving the community and that he plagiarized maps from other people by accident

not the most trustworthy person in the world

First, he added some restrictions to download the repo like the need of an account and now this?.

Oh well. Time to mine some repository outside.

Okay, I admit I had a mini heart attack when I found out that realm 667 closed because yesterday I finished putting together my new monster bestiary that I got from there (if it took another day, I wouldn't complete the bestiary). Although I didn't come close to seeing everything the site had to offer... the good side is that in this post I can find several resources that I didn't find on the internet without asking questions about a topic.... the other good side is that I have a link with some monsters you might find useful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgij9pl0s8e7mj3/ZScriptification-Beastiary-AthroughE.zip?dl=0

I still feel bad about this news...

how much stuff are we still missing from the repository? cuz I probably have a lot of stuff from it, still

Sad that a repository place very important for all modders ends up dying in a way as painful as a whim

Silly question, but also won’t most resources found on R667also be found on wads/mods that have it? So they would easily be ripped w/ the use of SLADE. (Ex:Motherdemon from D64D2, Valiant’s and Eviternity’s custom monsters, Enemies from Colorful Hell, etc.

11 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

Silly question, but also won’t most resources found on R667also be found on wads/mods that have it? So they would easily be ripped w/ the use of SLADE. (Ex:Motherdemon from D64D2, Valiant’s and Eviternity’s custom monsters, Enemies from Colorful Hell, etc.

The problem with that is that the vast majority are already modified according to the mod itself, I say it because in my project I have many realm667 monsters, but I have them modified to balance and other things, so they are not the originals

Pursuant to the point some people have already made about a new repository being made to replace R667: who shall the keys be given to and/or who will take up the mantle? Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool if it could somehow be hosted on the Doom Wiki or something similar, to reinforce the community involvement aspect of it all. Maybe even an FTP server of types idgames style, or, somehow added to idgames??

Just now, SiMpLeToNiUm said:

Pursuant to the point some people have already made about a new repository being made to replace R667: who shall the keys be given to and/or who will take up the mantle? Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool if it could somehow be hosted on the Doom Wiki or something similar, to reinforce the community involvement aspect of it all. Maybe even an FTP server of types idgames style, or, somehow added to idgames??

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/graphics/ is the place, but you need download contents to check if things are for your taste. 

3 minutes ago, SiMpLeToNiUm said:

, somehow added to idgames?? 

its a good idea to be hosted on idgames, to be honest idk why wasnt there as resources category

From Torm at GitHub issues:

It works for me actually, I got a note from the hoster (all-inkl.com) that they moved the server for this page so I guess that was the downtime. I am not gonna close this site just because of the drama that happened. That wouldn’t be fair for everyone else NOT involved.

2 minutes ago, DarkTemplar said:

From Torm at GitHub issues:

how convenient of that to happen right after his reputation is flushed down the shitter

idk why he keeps shutting the site down whenever drama happens, maybe as a way of warning us that he can shut it down for good? no idea

4 minutes ago, roadworx said:

how convenient of that to happen right after his reputation is flushed down the shitter

idk why he keeps shutting the site down whenever drama happens, maybe as a way of warning us that he can shut it down for good? no idea

How many times has the site been shut down over the years?