Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dweller Dark

Is there a dedicated thread for music merch?

I tried to find one, but most music threads appear to be for the music themselves or what they were printed on, and not specifically any goodies that came with them. I figured I would ask just to be sure, but if there isn't one, this could be turned into such a thread.

I have a little bit of merch myself that I'd like to share wherever it would be appropriate to, so any answers would be appreciated very much!

I've been collecting band shirts for a while and probably got about 200 or more (I don't even count anymore). At this point, I have trouble finding stuff that I want to have, I guess doing that for over 10 years has something to do with it, I kind of need to remind myself if I already have this or that when looking up for additional ones.

I might stop that at some point because i'm starting to run out of ideas, I don't want to buy shirts just for the sake of having it, but actually liking the albums/bands represented.

Otherwise, I'm starting to flirt with the idea of buying vinyl records as well, but i'm afraid of my wallet to suffer quite a bit if I'm getting into that.

Just now, DesecratorJ said:

I've been collecting band shirts for a while and probably got about 200 or more (I don't even count anymore). At this point, I have trouble finding stuff that I want to have, I guess doing that for over 10 years has something to do with it, I kind of need to remind myself if I already have this or that when looking up for additional ones.

I might stop that at some point because i'm starting to run out of ideas, I don't want to buy shirts just for the sake of having it, but actually liking the albums/bands represented.

Otherwise, I'm starting to flirt with the idea of buying vinyl records as well, but i'm afraid of my wallet to suffer quite a bit if I'm getting into that.

I've probably got a fraction of the band shirts you have, maybe 2 or 3 total? But it might be good to get into buying patches, you can put them on just about anything with the right knowledge and materials. I've been doing it with the patches I get from collecting Iron Maiden Deluxe sets and packs you can find on Amazon and elsewhere, and you save space in the process. Most patch packs you can get on Amazon are like less than $10 USD, and ones from specific websites (like the NIN store) can be cheap too.

I've never been a big patches dude tbh. I've bought quite a few back several years ago to make a battle vest. But I always ended up being unsatisfied with the results and not wearing it for long. Nowadays I don't think I'd wear that anymore due to being unpractical to me, among other stuff I used to rock on unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I've never been a big patches dude tbh. I've bought quite a few back several years ago to make a battle vest. But I always ended up being unsatisfied with the results and not wearing it for long. Nowadays I don't think I'd wear that anymore due to being unpractical to me, among other stuff I used to rock on unfortunately.

I understand. I'd say the vinyls are the best bet, even if you might have to restrain the urge to burn a hole in your wallet by doing so. I would say you could make some sort of catalog of all your band shirts, but it might not be worth it with that many (unless you want to be able to check whether or not you have a specific shirt).