Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dwars

Dwars's Heretic HQ SFX Pack - All Sound Effects Remastered!

The .ogg version doesn't account for the problems with volume and frequency I was facing when working with the Doom sound format. All files should sound properly noisy there. The only problem is that plenty of ports don't support .ogg sounds for Heretic yet, hence the need for a sound format version.

I assume the "vanilla" edition remains without update since you are only fine-tuning the sounds you remade from scratch, right?

The 'pure' edition has slightly deprecated ever since I used some rather selective upscaling and filtering methods for the sounds formerly made from scratch. The homemade sounds such as IMPSIT, WIZSIT, WIZACT, SORSIT, SORACT, SORPAI, SORDSPH, etc should now sound as close to high quality and pure versions as I can possibly get them to be. Considering the chance of getting the uncompressed source files for those are extremely slim, this is the best I can do for them for the time being.

Today's update is an attempt to temper the Disciple sounds. I might've made them just a bit TOO high frequency before, hopefully they should sound better now.

8 hours ago, Dwars said:

Today's update is an attempt to temper the Disciple sounds. I might've made them just a bit TOO high frequency before, hopefully they should sound better now.

You need to do changelog.txt for track all the changed files.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:20 PM, WhiteMagicRaven said:

something like that exist for HeXen? =)

Not exactly, but there's this mod I found. The sounds in that mod are a lot different than Hexen's sounds, due to the fact that Aethun (the creator) said they got the sounds from Skyrim.

Edited by Panzermann11