Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reelvonic

Will Doom come to Fortnite?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

As Fortnite desperately tries to stay alive it has been doing crossovers with other media franchises such as Rick and Morty, Alien, Batman, and many more. I put this thought off before, but now it seems that it's inevitable. So I ask, When will Doom come to Fortnite. Or Will Doom come to Fortnite. like other media franchises have. Because looking at a few unsavory decisions Bethesda has made with the Doom franchise, you can't be 100% sure. 

But in the end who knows? If it does, it could be good, or it could be bad. Only time can tell

Share this post


Link to post

Doom has always had a pretty consistent level of edge, I don’t think it will have as much appeal to Fortnite players as various other franchises, but stranger things have happened. There was that dumb Doom mobile game that seemed to be targeting young children, so it’s definitely not out of the question..

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Doom has always had a pretty consistent level of edge, I don’t think it will have as much appeal to Fortnite players as various other franchises, but stranger things have happened. There was that dumb Doom mobile game that seemed to be targeting young children, so it’s definitely not out of the question..

 Well the fan favorite internet series Red vs. Blue always had a bit of edge. And that isn't exactly targeted for younger audience. Same for Rick and Morty, which I don't think so is targeted for kids either. I guess it's what ever is the most marketable, which I guess doom isn't anymore? or something? 

Share this post


Link to post

I would think Doom is still marketable, I do see people talking about it a lot more what with the new games.. Hell, if a Fortnite crossover ushers more youths over to carry the Doom torch as more old-era people move on, that would probably be a good thing, long-term..

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I would think Doom is still marketable, I do see people talking about it a lot more what with the new games.. Hell, if a Fortnite crossover ushers more youths over to carry the Doom torch as more old-era people move on, that would probably be a good thing, long-term..

if it was the case, i wonder what it would be like

Share this post


Link to post

Can’t wait to see the redditors make a meme out of it using the godfather template of “look how they massacred my boy” b/c fortnite bad doom good and for those sweet sweet upboats.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

When it loses any of the edge eternal gave it.

 

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Doom has always had a pretty consistent level of edge, I don’t think it will have as much appeal to Fortnite players

 

The John Wick model/skin says "Hi" you guys lol.

 

nBy2yXn.png

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

 

 

The John Wick model/skin says "Hi" you guys lol.

 

nBy2yXn.png

I mean, keanu reeves was basically a meme at one point, it's not really a surprise that they made a skin of him.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

I mean, keanu reeves was basically a meme at one point, it's not really a surprise that they made a skin of him.

 

If it was specifically Reeves, you might have a point, but it's literally John Wick so my point still stands. :^P

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

yes it will remenber when it came to fall guys? it just a matter of when

exactly. i wasnt expecting something like halo or rick and morty to be on it. only a matter of time i guess

Share this post


Link to post

I don't want to happen. If Doomslayer gets in Fortnite, his fame and popularity will get ruined by the Fortnite kids. When they'll see DOOM, they're going to be like: HOLY SHIT, THEY STOLE DOOMSLAYER FROM FORTNITE. Doomslayer deserves to be in Smash or MK

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Teo Slayer said:

I don't want to happen. If Doomslayer gets in Fortnite, his fame and popularity will get ruined by the Fortnite kids. When they'll see DOOM, they're going to be like: HOLY SHIT, THEY STOLE DOOMSLAYER FROM FORTNITE. Doomslayer deserves to be in Smash or MK

im pretty sure doom slayer is coming to smash. ethier that or i read something on the internet really fucking wrong

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

im pretty sure doom slayer is coming to smash. ethier that or i read something on the internet really fucking wrong

They had added Bayonetta but not Doomslayer

Nintendo is weird

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

I don't want to happen. If Doomslayer gets in Fortnite, his fame and popularity will get ruined by the Fortnite kids. When they'll see DOOM, they're going to be like: HOLY SHIT, THEY STOLE DOOMSLAYER FROM FORTNITE. Doomslayer deserves to be in Smash or MK

i dont understand that mentality what makes the fortnite kids different from the smash kids?

 

no forget that what makes smash so special that doom slayer has to appear on it? i like smash but damn i always see people saying this as if smash was sometging super serious and mature when in reality it goes for the same market as fortnite... kids

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Cammy said:

Doom will come to everything eventually :(

Does it mean it'll come in Smash?

Share this post


Link to post

My thoughts on reading this thread title - "Fortnite is still a thing?"

 

Never played a Battle Royale game in my life. Spawn, get killed by a hyperactive 12 year old who spends all his free time playing, wait ages, repeat. Sounds about as fun as a rectal exam when the hospital has run out of lube.

 

More seriously, does it really matter if he does or doesn't? It does not alter the games in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

My thoughts on reading this thread title - "Fortnite is still a thing?"

 

Never played a Battle Royale game in my life. Spawn, get killed by a hyperactive 12 year old who spends all his free time playing, wait ages, repeat. Sounds about as fun as a rectal exam when the hospital has run out of lube.

 

More seriously, does it really matter if he does or doesn't? It does not alter the games in any way.

fortnite was at some points the most played game so yeah dont expect it to go away in the next 20 years 

 

it is on life support though not because it doesnt make profit (it makes more money them epic store lol) but because it is a online only game and almost no company makes them playable offline after the service shuts down though i dont see that happening before i am in my 30s

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

fortnite was at some points the most played game so yeah dont expect it to go away in the next 20 years 

 

I could not be more indifferent to it's success or failure. I just realised I had not heard anything about it in a long time when for a time you could barely go a week without hearing something.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I could not be more indifferent to it's success or failure. I just realised I had not heard anything about it in a long time when for a time you could barely go a week without hearing something.

 

You've reminded me of 2017/2018 when the bloody game was so ubiquitous, the tidal wave of cringe-worthy memes was inescapable. Thankfully, the zeitgeist shifts so damn fast nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The hate this game gets from older people just saddens me. I don't play it, it's not for me. That's the point. I'm 29 next month. The game is played less because it's a game and more because it's a space young people have that dipshits like us can't work out. Whether it's good or bad is irrelevant, most people are just mad because:

 image.png.42b13263b99288edc94613ea9eea06f3.png

So ultimately, who cares if Doom comes to fortnite? It might mean even more passionate people get into the community. Some of them will be idiots, but you can say that of any demographic.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I don't know much about fortnight, just that it is or was the trendy game for the masses.

 

If they include a Doom Slayer skin, it's just a quick cash grab targeting some of their player base. But if these new skins are actually characters with their own abilities, stats and weapons then that could pro-long that games life, but just for refreshing content alone regardless of Doom.

 

Mechanic wise it would make more sense for the Slayer to come to Overwatch. Violence and realism wise, definitely MK11.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

I don't want to happen. If Doomslayer gets in Fortnite, his fame and popularity will get ruined by the Fortnite kids. When they'll see DOOM, they're going to be like: HOLY SHIT, THEY STOLE DOOMSLAYER FROM FORTNITE. Doomslayer deserves to be in Smash or MK

 

Doom has been around for nearly three decades at this point. There is absolutely nothing that Fortnite or its fans could do to "ruin" doom. Why does it matter if a handful of ignorant kids think he's an original Fortnite character? They will either be corrected by other people, or they will remain in their ignorance. In either case, it's entirely possible that Doom will outlive Fortnite.

Also, give the young people some credit. I'm sure they're already familiar with the concept of Fortnite having characters imported from other games and franchises. Both the OG Doomguy and the Doom Slayer have designs that look kind of out of place for Fortnite.

 

9 minutes ago, Chezza said:

I don't know much about fortnight, just that it is or was the trendy game for the masses.

 

If they include a Doom Slayer skin, it's just a quick cash grab targeting some of their player base. But if these new skins are actually characters with their own abilities, stats and weapons then that could pro-long that games life, but just for refreshing content alone regardless of Doom.


I was under the impression that skins in Fortnite were purely cosmetic in effect. But then it's not a game I play so I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post

cant be worse than this, gonna be fun reading all the boomer comments raging over a game skin if it does happen tho

 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, sluggard said:

cant be worse than this, gonna be fun reading all the boomer comments raging over a game skin if it does happen tho

 

doomguy tposing with flossing background imps couldn't be worse than the god of war gif you just posted lol

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×