Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reelvonic

Will Doom come to Fortnite?

5 minutes ago, sluggard said:

gonna be fun reading all the boomer comments raging over a game skin if it does happen tho

Should it ever happen, I reckon it's going to be similar to when there were Doom skins for that Fall Guys game from last year where the only moaning you'll actually find is on Twitter than anywhere else. Not to say reading angry manbaby comments won't indeed be hilarious. ;^P

1 minute ago, Biodegradable said:

Should it ever happen, I reckon it's going to be similar to when there were Doom skins for that Fall Guys game from last year where the only moaning you'll actually find is on Twitter than anywhere else. Not to say reading angry manbaby comments won't indeed be hilarious. ;^P

damn i never realised people complained. but then again i dont really use twitter

1 hour ago, sluggard said:

cant be worse than this, gonna be fun reading all the boomer comments raging over a game skin if it does happen tho

tenor.gif

lhtmmb.jpg.5eb14a03e7ce971038da050f1cf0f5e9.jpg

Posted (edited)

More importantly: Will Jazz Jackrabit come to Fortnite?
I mean c'mon Epic, it's your own IP!

6 hours ago, VoanHead said:

Can’t wait to see the redditors make a meme out of it using the godfather template of “look how they massacred my boy” b/c fortnite bad doom good and for those sweet sweet upboats.

20 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

lhtmmb.jpg.5eb14a03e7ce971038da050f1cf0f5e9.jpg

Is there a speedrunning category for preemptive strikes?

Can you actually get your best time in the minuses?

1 hour ago, Maes said:

The real question should be whether Fortnite will be made into a Doom mod, you bunch of infidels.

I mean we have Doom Royale (With Cheese)

7 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Is there a speedrunning category for preemptive strikes?

Can you actually get your best time in the minuses?

im taking that record there thank you

My son loves Fortnite and I'm always rubbing Doom in his face and telling him to play a real game, haha.

I think it would be hilarious just because of that.

I hope so. Master Chief, Kratos and Lara Croft are in Fortnite, so why not our ol' pal Doomguy? Classic version or the Doomslayer version, I would be happy with either of them.

Fortnite gets a lot of shit for being a shitty meme shooter for screaming kids or whatever, but it's not that bad of a game. Just ignore them and mute them. That's what I do. I'm not a fan of the building mechanics, but it is possible to win matches without using any of that, it's just going to be a bit harder lol. 

With that said, I'm just surprised that Guggimon and the Jankys from Superplastic are in Fortnite this season. It's cool to see designer toys getting more exposure to a wider audience.

if it does then I am gonna start playing it.

even if doomguy/doomslayer made a fortnite cameo somehow, it'd probably be relevant for like a month or so at best, and then forgotten about as people move on to talk about other things

most it's going to do is introduce some people to the doom community, they can be dealt with if they're not pleasant, and likewise with people being introduced to fortnite. it's REALLY not going to be that big of a deal even if it happens, and the likelyhood of it happening is not even very high to begin with, so i personally don't really see what the big deal is

Posted (edited)

My niece plays Fortnite all the time. But whenever she watch's me playing Doom she always badgers me to play it. She's actually gotten pretty good at it for a 8 year old kid.

Of course, she is lucky to get longer than 5 minutes before the big kid in the room (i.e me) begins to flex his adult authority in a weak attempt to mask the fact that he wants to get back to it himself.

But still, she seems to enjoy it and it's often the first thing she wants to play when she visits with my brother. She gets to play Doom for as long as my brother keeps me distracted with mundane talk. Once I lose interest in that, which doesn't take long, she has to vacate the throne.

My brother continues to talk to back of my head after that, taking little notice of his little girl throwing a tantrum behind him because she's been turfed off Doom. This is not the ideal way to enjoy Doom, but it helps me get through the family visit.

Anyway, part of me (the old codger part) is screaming into the void at the thought of this heresy. But the other part (the part that sometimes speaks with reason) can see how this might not be a bad thing.

I mean us old gits aren't going to be around forever, the torch has to be passed on at some point.

11 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

If it happens I will actually release an entire Episode 1 replacement made entirely out of Startan and Fireblu, using only 90 degree angles.

This is a threat.

Gives a lot of room to think about verticality! :)

No, seriously, do consider. 90 degree angles as a community project gimmick, except there is no sector limit and Boom trickery is encouraged. Hopefully people will be in over-drive trying to do room-over-room illusions that fit with other people's map pieces at the same time!

Maybe even have multiple people work in the same map. Each person gets a slot with a tag range and a XY chunk (or multiple of either), and some of the tags they can use for themselves, and other tags they can "expose" (i.e. adding a trigger for them is optional, but others can trigger them from elsewhere too, and all exposed tags must have matching triggers). Mmmmm... I'm droolin'!

Posted (edited)

Ok, I'm gonna be *that* person and come out and say that Fortnite isn't exactly terrible. The fanbase is pure cringe, everybody knows it, but the gameplay is fairly decent. I played it in my Senior year of high school w/ friends to see what was exactly the craze, and it wasn't terrible, although I dropped it later once it started to get kinda goofy. I bet you fellas $500 that in 5-6 years Fortnite is going to get the Minecraft treatment where at first everybody clowns on it and calls it cringe and other nice things, only for it to suddenly be loved and praised. Same thing will go for Among Us, probably.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sluggard said:

cant be worse than this, gonna be fun reading all the boomer comments raging over a game skin if it does happen tho

tenor.gif

Despite the derpy dancing animation, I'm actually quite impressed with how close that skin resembles Kratos from God of War 2018. I would have expected his design to be a bit more cartoonified in order to fit in. If the Doomguy or Doom Slayer gets a skin like that, then I doubt that many people are going to get all that confused about his origins.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, VoanHead said:

I bet you fellas $500 that in 5-6 years Fortnite is going to get the Minecraft treatment where at first everybody clowns on it and calls it cringe and other nice things, only for it to suddenly be loved and praised. Same thing will go for Among Us, probably.

I wouldn't worry about it, people always hate the most popular thing because it's in trend to hate the popular. Halo, Call of Duty, Minecraft...etc, and now it seems like it's Fortnite's turn (not saying there aren't legit reasons one could dislike it but you know)

Edited by sluggard

I'm so out of the loop I don't even know what Fortnite is. I've heard the name but that's it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PSXDoomer said:

I'm so out of the loop I don't even know what Fortnite is. I've heard the name but that's it.

A rather average multiplayer shooter that people like to argue about because it's popular and has a young fanbase. The devs (Epic) hold crossover events where they add characters from other popular games, like Master Chief, Kratos, Lara Croft, etc. This enrages people because they don't like the idea of developers sharing the characters they created with other developers.

Basically, a bunch of adults who haven't reached maturity yet arguing about a fanbase that is mostly too young to have reached maturity yet. (Not talking about the people in this thread who are mostly just joking around)

However, I don't exactly understand the logic behind such characters being added to a game mainly marketed to tweens. It doesn't work in terms of aesthetics imo.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

16 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

If it happens I will actually release an entire Episode 1 replacement made entirely out of Startan and Fireblu, using only 90 degree angles.

This is a threat.

I want you to do this anyway.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Mayomancer said:

More importantly, when will Fortnite come to Doom

This again?! I think it's appeared at least once before you in this thread, heh.

Still, good to see that thinking outside the box is so commonplace now. :D

7 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

This again?! I think it's appeared at least once before you in this thread, heh.

Still, good to see that thinking outside the box is so commonplace now. :D

Turns out i didn't read what maes said before posting in this incredibly important thread. Woe upon me! Thief of ideas for funny comments. I'll probably have to delete my DW account after commiting such a terrible blunder.

On 6/11/2021 at 2:36 AM, Mayomancer said:

More importantly, when will Fortnite come to Doom

When you kick ass and chew bubblegum

On 6/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, mrthejoshmon said:

This is a threat.

Does this a sign of WOOO 4 development Josh?