Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swordofdanu

Elden Ring release date finally!

Anyone else excited for this? 

Hopefully there's even more Berserk references/nods. There's a nice looking wolf armour shot in trailer. 

Doesn't bother me if it gets delayed, the more polished the better. I expect there will the usual weapon nerfs too. 

It looks exactly as I expected... and to me, that's a very good thing. It seems more open in structure than Souls, what with being big enough to allow horse riding, but the combat seems like it's as solid as it's ever been. Very much looking forward to it!

Wonder how long this game will take to get to ng+7 and beyond...  just finished that journey with Dark Souls III and man, that is hard with a great club.  Best part is it looks like ER doesn't get stuck on some console slurped up by greedy scalpers which is a huge plus.

7 minutes ago, vyruss said:

Best part is it looks like ER doesn't get stuck on some console slurped up by greedy scalpers which is a huge plus.

Definitely,though I'm expecting some pre-order shenanigans.

I'm glad they've confirmed next gen free upgrade as I won't be getting a PS5 anytime soon. 

I haven't been into souls games until recently so I don't know much about this but what exactly is this game? Is it related to Dark Souls or Bloodborne or is it a new series entirely?

It's basically Dark Souls rebooted with new story input from George R. R. Martin and everything they couldn't fit into Dark Souls. 

(so yeah new series) 

I was hoping this was connected to Eternal Ring, but this’ll do. Not sure if RR Martin will make things more interesting or not (not a huge fan of his work honestly), but if the gameplay is for the most part the same (the story tells itself through gameplay), then it won’t matter as long as it is fun. 

So I’ve got this and the He-Man reboot to look forward to. Nice. 

My hope is that the combat is just as good as Dark Souls III.  Would love to still be able to parry and riposte, hopefully with another really beautiful sound attached to it.

4 minutes ago, vyruss said:

My hope is that the combat is just as good as Dark Souls III.  Would love to still be able to parry and riposte, hopefully with another really beautiful sound attached to it.

My parry skills are laughable, very inconsistent :D Sword and board for me. 

A story collab with G RR Martin? I've played hundreds of hours of the Souls games, Sekiro and Bloodborne, and couldn't tell you a thing about the stories. I like a lot of the characters you find, and locations certainly evoke a sense of something bigger going on, but other than basic objectives the stories were lost on me. I always had more fun wondering what each character was coming from through their vague dialog, rather than reading about it.

The other games were rooted in something specific: Souls with medieval Europe, Bloodborne with Victorian Europe, Sekiro with Sengoku era Japan. They each had their share of fantasy but this one might be fantasy overkill for me, and without any specific setting to help ground it. I haven't seen a full episode or read a single chapter from anything by RR Martin, but of course I'll check out this game because FromSoft is about on par with id Software to me since Demon's Souls on PS3. Even if it doesn't end up enjoyable, I still look forward to the experience. And I'm confident that the gameplay will be top notch as long as Miyazaki's involved.

I don't even care that everyone's favorite pederast fantasy author is helping write this. I want it.

Also, @Lippeth uh... Souls and Bloodborne were not set in Europe, mate.

Right, but the settings were clearly reminiscent of specific time periods in various locations.

You might be able to make that argument for Bloodborne but you're really reaching wrt Souls in that most fantasy all looks like that.