Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
instagib

HOW DO I DELETE ZANDRONUM

I have tried everything but no matter what, I cannot delete zandronum. I have even deleted the exe but it always says "the action cannot be  completed because zandronum is opened by zandronum" I tried the uninstaller but that only deleted a couple files, and when I tried to delete the rest it said they were all opened by zandronum and I couldnt delete them. I also cant play doom 2 because it is opened by zandronum. HELP

if you didn't already, restart your computer then try to delete zandronum - seems like there may be some task that's running that depends on zandronum and a restart should fix that

15 minutes ago, Reelvonic said:

use task manager close it out then try the unistaller

Its not running though, nothing but the system is running

Reboot in safe mode and then delete it. Sounds like something weird is going on, but safe mode should nip it in the bud.

1 hour ago, smeghammer said:

Or open a command prompt as administrator and use good old del.

That won't work if it's somehow open. It's not an issue of admin privileges, it's an issue of that something is somehow opening it even when he's closed it, and presumably he's tried task killing it.

try restarting your computer. that helped when I had a similar problem with PRBOOM+ (where I couldnt move or rename the folder cuz it said that it was opened, even though I had no windows open).