Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

The Doom Master Wadazine #12 - Feat. Insane_Gazebo, Skillsaw, Heartland & Lullaby articles, Then and Now of Doom 64, Console Doom Chronicles 2 and WAD Recommendations!

I'm glad I was able to contribute, something very basic, I'm not the best, but I hope you like it, not only my recommendation, the whole wadazine <3

7 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

I'm glad I was able to contribute, something very basic, I'm not the best, but I hope you like it, not only my recommendation, the whole wadazine <3

Always happy to have you in <3

Oh, skillsaw...I don't doubt you just made another good pun here. XD

asdf.PNG.1e5d35f1a05ca0341281add56ad035cc.PNG

Great job covering the two greatest releases this year, along with the interviews. Great stuff in here.

Thanks everyone! Hope you guys enjoy this issue. Next one is coming bigger, I hope ;)

Hey everyone. If you're reading Console Doom Chronicles 2, I just want to add that I was the one who found the unused song "Hiding the Secrets" in GBA Doom and was the one who worked on the recent Doom GBA: Delta ROM hack (the bottom image in the Wadazine article is actually E4M2 from my Delta episode 4 hack).

Check it out!

And by the way, good work to everyone who worked on the Wadazine. You all rock!

Edited by Wavy

Great job, everybody! Apologies for no contribution as of now, since college stuff is still on the way.

I have updated the archive.org entry, adding both last month's and this month's issues.

Congratulations with new wadazine release, those are always treat to see and read! 

Excellent work @Endless and fantastic contributions from everyone involved.

I haven't missed an issue yet, well except for the 6 month hiatus (not my choice, lost my left eye). Guess what I did the moment I came back? Catch up on Wadazine issues. I must have spent 3 hours doing that back in march.

The Wadazine has come along way since issue 1.

This was a really fun article to make. Next up: I dunno which port.

24 minutes ago, Final Verdict said:

I haven't missed an issue yet, well except for the 6 month hiatus (not my choice, lost my left eye)

Ouch. What happened.

21 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Ouch. What happened.

He lost his left eye.

54 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Next up: I dunno which port.

You should do either Jaguar or 3DO. Probably 3DO as that has an entire legacy as one of the worst yet most intriguing port of Doom.

It’s great to see a new issue! You do an excellent job on the magazine. I’m interested in everything in it including the ads.

Thank you for including a screenshot of my map in the gallery, I was happy to see it!

9 hours ago, Endless said:

And you can also find us on:

Doomshack only goes up to Wadazine 10, Chris Hansen's page goes to 11, but only Ryath's contains all twelve issues.

1 hour ago, Roebloz said:

Ouch. What happened.

He explained all that here.

1 minute ago, Gez said:

He explained all that here.

Thanks Gez, I appreciate it.

I really didn't want to get into it again on account of how long it takes to explain it all. Especially on a Wadazine thread, once was enough.

@Roebloz, I chose not to respond because I didn't want to make a big deal of it. But just so I don't come across like an ignorant prick: I appreciate the concern. Thanks.

Great read!

Really enjoyed the interviews with Insane_Gazebo and Skillsaw, would appreciate seeing more and longer interviews with mappers.

I'm also really interested in the d2all runners, such crazy determination and achievements. Would appreciate a future feature on them if it can be done 

I really like these, they remind me of both the Newstuff Chronicles and the old articles on Doom that we used to get in PC gaming magazines in the 1990s, with lots of great features all rolled into one.

Interesting that The Darkening 2 is discussed: I only recently discovered that and remember discussing about how it contains many early versions of OTEX textures.

Edited by ENEMY!!!

I just NOW noticed the review on my Bloodbath mapset - I greatly appreciate everybody who's been playing through it, whether the gameplay is your cup of tea or not. :) Great job on the review, too, I did not expect the set to be listed as one of the "Omnipotents".

Thanks a lot, everyone!

Spoiler

Now to upload Detrimental to idgames and see what kind of review that gets. lmao

1 hour ago, ENEMY!!! said:

Interesting that The Darkening 2 is discussed: I only recently discovered that and remember discussing about how it contains many early versions of OTEX textures.

I'd wanted to cover it because I remembered that one of the maps had been covered in the Doomworld top 100 maps list, and wanted to give the whole WAD a go. Well worth a play, for sure! and also quite interesting to see so many textures that had been brought back into OTEX.

I'm proud to have my combat officially declared as not circlestrafing bullshit lol ^ w^

... also great job on the new release and thanks to everyone who worked on it ofc!