DubstepJesus91

whats your highest play time in your steam library

Dota 2 at 1219 hours, and I haven't even played it since 2014. Followed by:

Team Fortress 2 - 389 hours

Path of Exile - 314 hours

Dark Souls - 131 hours

100% Orange Juice - 124 hours

Disgaea - 108 hours

Quake Live - 100 hours (most of my time on this game was before it was on Steam)

Disgaea 5 - 94 hours

Phantom Brave - 87 hours

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 51 hours

There are a bunch of games that I've probably played in the hundreds of hours, but not on Steam (Doom II obviously, but probably some shmups as well, and Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart which has its own playtime tracker totaling about 250-300 hours). Nothing's quite reached the heights of my Dota 2 addiction back in the day, though.

I've obsessively played a number of games in my life.

There are two that don't appear where they should:
1. Medieval Total War 2 which was a hard copy, so no hours counted

2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R also a game not on steam for most of my playing

Warcraft 3 and classic Dooms should definitely be on there, but same story with no steam history.

image.png

I don't have a steak library, the games I play are files that are on my computer, and when i double click on them they just run

The Binding of Isaac: 384 hrs

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth: 301 hrs

so 685 if you count the two together

only other one over 100 hrs i have is Terraria at 152 hrs 

Skyrim Special Edition. Add in some excellent mods and I can get lost in that world for hours upon hours.

20 hours ago, Mayomancer said:

image.png.d9e4eac6fca5e617d5374150f1947304.png

If I had any of the Dark Souls games on Steam, any one of them could have been my most played games. I love From Software. Thank you for reminding me that I still need to replay Shadows Die Twice to get all of the endings. Those are the only games I replay on a regular basis. Demon's Souls changed the way I look at games.

Bloodstained was also pretty enjoyable, I wouldn't mind putting more time into it to see how things have changed since release.

3 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

If I had any of the Dark Souls games on Steam, any one of them could have been my most played games. I love From Software. Thank you for reminding me that I still need to replay Shadows Die Twice to get all of the endings. Those are the only games I replay on a regular basis. Demon's Souls changed the way I look at games.

Bloodstained was also pretty enjoyable, I wouldn't mind putting more time into it to see how things have changed since release.

Yeah i also want to put more hours into Sekiro since there's a couple of optional bosses i haven't beat yet, really great game. Demon's souls was the last from game i played (apart from Bloodborne, which i haven't yet) and i absolutely loved it. If i ever do get a PS5 I'm for sure playing the DeS remake and Bloodborne.

Interesting. Apparently it's Borderlands, with 89 hours. Followed by Bloodstained with 80 hours. Then Just Cause 2 at 76 hours. Edit: Forgot about Far Cry 2 at 66 hours. Doom (the new one) at 52 hours, and Postal 2 at 50 hours. Coming in a close seventh is Dusk at 48 hours.

I'm really surprised that Borderlands is that high up. But I was really bored with work when I was playing it, and I just played it single player. It was still fun though.

I'm really surprised by Bloodstained, but I think part of that was that I left the game running and I went to sleep. But I did restart it three or four times because I kept coming back to it a few months later and forgot where I was at. Great game by the way, I need to play through it again.

And Just Cause 2, I loved it... just 'cause. I remember sinking hours into that game, the environments and movement were absolutely sublime. I should probably go back and play it again. It was basically what Mercenaries 2 should've been. 

Edit: Forgot about Far Cry 2. That really was a great game. Hard as nails, annoying as fuck, but the atmosphere was perfect. It made you feel like a sneaky, corrupt piece of shit all the way through. But at least you weren't as bad as the other guy. Far Cry 3 and on made the game way too easy, it was very hard to lose, and you were always the "good guy". In Far Cry 2 you had an open world, and there were many people who wanted you dead. I'll always remember the mission where I had to kill a warlord, I tried it multiple times by storming the compound, only to end up with many, many bullet wounds. Once I learned where the guy I was supposed to kill was holed up, I took a mortar launcher with me, crawled through the grass across the river at night so the snipers wouldn't see me, and started raining mortar shells down on his hut. Not long after, I saw the target run out of his hut, I took out a sniper rifle, and gunned him down. It was brilliant, emergent gameplay. So yeah, the game is fucking hard, and it has problems, like the constantly replenishing checkpoints, but I still think it's the best Far Cry game.

If they wouldn't have added the annoying Malaria mechanic, I think it would be in my top 10.

Doom, I was surprised by. I didn't think I played it that much. Although it kept erasing my save data in the early days, so I kept having to go back and grind to get weapons upgrades. It was fun, but I only finished it twice. I'm not sure how I got that many hours out of it.

And Postal 2; oh, it's far more than 50 hours my dear Steam. I've been playing that game since I got the demo in 2003. I absolutely love that game, and it would probably be closer to the 500 hour mark. I've been consistently playing it without Steam for almost 20 years, the only reason I launch through Steam now is because of Paradise Lost and the Workshop. But it would probably end up being my third most played game ever. After Doom and Quake.

And Dusk, Dusk deserves a mention. It's a fantastic game, and I'm happy I could contribute to it during early access. The gameplay feels like Quake, the atmosphere goes from Blood, to almost Half-Life, to Hexen/Heretic throughout. It's lovely, and I would recommend that anyone who remotely enjoyed the movement in Quake give it a shot. There are blemishes here and there, but it's a great game. Especially for someone's first release.

But I think the highest I have a record of is Oblivion on Xbox 360, I believe it was around 390 hours. I used fast travel and horses very sparingly, I usually just walked, but I ended up with a stealth Orc battle mage assassin, who could cast all but the most powerful spells in the game. Six and a half foot tall Orc that could crouch in the shadow of a table and not be seen, that was fun. Then Fallout 3 at around 320 hours, and New Vegas at around 290 hours. 

My computer really sucked at that time, and it was running Vista, and constantly overheated, so Oblivion and the new Fallout games weren't going to work on it, so I went to the 360 for those. But I could play Morrowind with mods, and I would wager I had at least 500 hours in that.

Edited by Jello

28 minutes ago, Doom Dragon said:

The first quake.

120,785.9 hours.

So... you've spent almost 14 years of your life playing Quake? That's, quite a bit of time. I guess it's plausible, since Quake came out 24 1/2 years ago. But that would mean that your every waking minute was spent playing Quake.

And since Steam didn't launch until 2004, that means you have been playing Quake on Steam for almost 15 hours a day ever since. And Quake wasn't available on Steam when it launched, I think it was 2006. When do you sleep?

Edited by Jello

24 minutes ago, Jello said:

So... you've spent almost 14 years of your life playing Quake? That's, quite a bit of time. I guess it's plausible, since Quake came out 24 1/2 years ago. But that would mean that your every waking minute was spent playing Quake.

And since Steam didn't launch until 2004, that means you have been playing Quake on Steam for almost 15 hours a day ever since. And Quake wasn't available on Steam when it launched, I think it was 2006. When do you sleep?

I rarely sleep to be honest, it's a problem that I need to get rid of. That being said, most of those hours are built up, you can thank insomnia for most of them.

Correction, while Skyrim is second place if you combine the original and SE edition with around 1000 hours, apparently it still has some way to go to catch Left 4 Dead 2 at around 1430 hours. I have not seriously played L4D2 in years, surprised it is that high.

Rise of the Triad: Dark War - 95 Hours

Which reminds me a I have to finish my pistol-start playthrough

No Man's Sky 230 hours. It was my chillout and listen to a podcast game for a long time and I would just plug in a controller and turn off my brain. It was great. Though it's not even close to my most played game. I played a ton of modded Fallout 3 that wasn't tracked by Steam and I have over 3000 hours (estimate) in Super Smash Bros Melee. Not to mention however many hours I have now put in doom.