Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Full Moon" a 1 Hour Speedmap Community Project and Finale of the "Time-Trilogy (Closed)"

Map Name: Customer Service Hell

Author: E.M.

Music: "Five Iron" by cammybanana

Sky: Default

Format: Boom (-complevel 9)

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Build Time: A little under an hour

Comments: The office has been overrun by angry demonic customers. Take care of them, would you?

EM_1HOUR.zip

GOD DAAYYYYYM. just realized i forgot to fix the computer with the shotgun shells on the top of it not lowering when you press it.

@E.M.

17 minutes ago, myolden said:

Ooooooh, I totally missed those cells. I just ran out at full speed and apparently didn't pick them up or notice them. That explains the lack of ammo!

trolling hard with revenant closet!

1 minute ago, The BMFG said:

GOD DAAYYYYYM. just realized i forgot to fix the computer with the shotgun shells on the top of it not lowering when you press it.

was just about to tell you about that.

57 minutes ago, Death Bear said:

Map Name: Rocket Whimpers

Author: Death Bear

Music: Transducer by James Paddock

Format: Boom (Doom 2)

Difficulty Settings: No

Build Time: 1 hour 2 mins

Comments: Probably spent more time on little details than I should, but it's a little donut of death. Small amount of platforming and nukefloor. Enjoy.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b3wzkqzlrptdu66/DB.RocketWhimpers1.v1.wad/file

I played this tonight Death Bear and really liked it a lot! Fun little map!

3 minutes ago, TheGreenZap said:

I played this tonight Death Bear and really liked it a lot! Fun little map!

Thank you so much!

Spoiler

Here ya go! Not sure if the teleport in this room was wonky or not, but I mean...everything seemed to work. I had enough stuff to kill everything. Think there were some misalignments and some pegged overhangs that made the brown textures above the doors look misaligned. Other than that, I feel it's got nice size for an hour. Also, I know it's a playstyle thing (and only an hour map), but I think more pressure from other directions could've heated it up a little more. Not that it has to be. That's just something I personally try to consider. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

1 hour ago, The BMFG said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/r9tp5kmk3vu67fi/worldsmostrushedmap.wad/file

finally fixed the train wreck. would def like some reviews and playthroughs from maybe @myolden or @Death Bear

4 minutes ago, Death Bear said:
  Hide contents

Here ya go! Not sure if the teleport in this room was wonky or not, but I mean...everything seemed to work. I had enough stuff to kill everything. Think there were some misalignments and some pegged overhangs that made the brown textures above the doors look misaligned. Other than that, I feel it's got nice size for an hour. Also, I know it's a playstyle thing (and only an hour map), but I think more pressure from other directions could've heated it up a little more. Not that it has to be. That's just something I personally try to consider. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

Thanks For The Feedback!.

funny thing is the starting room with the bars and the dead 2 marines was actually based off some of the pages in the doom book.

when the doom guy was imprisoned on mars and he had to knock out 2 guards and escape so he could kick some demonic ass.

also a good amount of the map was actually inspired by OBLIGE generated maps i played believe it or not

Spoiler

OOOWEEE. You done made me do it! (haha). I probably should've either conserved or scrounged more to finish off those rocketboi's. Great stuff, @myolden!

The Fatal Decision

Spoiler

image.png.b02a5c019ec7b80575886df9e0ac41d7.png 

Midi: The Fatal Decision by ???. If you know who made this feel free to let me know.

Build time 1 hour 10 min. testing 30 min. Probably a pain to max because of the tp closets' length. Will fix if allowed more time.

the_fatal_decision.zip

10 minutes ago, Killer5 said:

The Fatal Decision

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b02a5c019ec7b80575886df9e0ac41d7.png 

Midi: The Fatal Decision by ???. If you know who made this feel free to let me know.

Build time 1 hour 10 min. testing 30 min. Probably a pain to max because of the tp closets' length. Will fix if allowed more time.

the_fatal_decision.zip

thats some crazy shit but i like it!

@Killer5 Hot damn, that was a really fun map. Well detailed, too. I really like the concept of every powerup being accompanied by a blursphere as a sort of compromise.

Only critique I have is that I feel this was a bit too easy for a Zzul map, haha. That's mainly because of the abundance of powerups, and I'm very surprised you gave an invulnerability for the Archvile wave. But the map wasn't at all circle-strafe-to-win due to the enemies in the dark rooms surrounding the arena. Clearly well crafted.

If you're allowed to and want to do some difficulty balancing, I would suggest removing a good number of the megaspheres on UV, and removing the blurspheres on HNTR or something. Idk, I have a knack for difficulties. :P

Great work!

Map Name: Toxic Backflow

Author: thelamp

Music: MIDI cover of Globe Alone by Blur (idk who made it)

Build Time: 1 hour 4 mins

I recorded it too!

backflow.rar

Not sure I want to change anything re powerups. You can easily get insta-gibbed in this map. Invuln is just there because that requires more testing and tbh it is fun to just run around blasting stuff for a bit.

Might implement this map again but changed a bit for a different project because I wanted to add something really quirky at the start but didn't have time for this particular project.

4 pages in only a day!

Here's a list of contributions so far:

Spoiler

1. Wide Open Spaces

2. Murderer's Muse

3. Worlds Most Rushed Map

4. Rocket Whimpers

5. Splonk

6. Customer Service Hell

7. My Map (battlescroll)

8. The Fatal Decision

9. Toxic Backflow

10. The Trenches

11. Everlasting Dread

12. You can run but you cannot hide

13. An Actual Concept

14. Shoot at it

15. Cratetop Showdown

16. Hysteriagate 

17. Fairly Recent Aliens

18. Technology Center

19. Choke

20. Hit the Bricks

21. Black monday

22. uhh

23. tricksnchainsaws

24. Holy blood

25. Pueblo Again

26. Concerto

27. dub60 (Clippy)

28. One Hour Power

29. The Sewer Level

30. Mandatorianism

31. Dbagrock.wad 

1 map remains!! (Almost completed!)

Edited by Engired

3 minutes ago, Killer5 said:

Not sure I want to change anything re powerups. You can easily get insta-gibbed in this map. Invuln is just there because that requires more testing and tbh it is fun to just run around blasting stuff for a bit.

Might implement this map again but changed a bit for a different project because I wanted to add something really quirky at the start but didn't have time for this particular project.

That makes sense - I too like a good old power trip type of slaughtermap. I just brought it up because I ended up completing the map with at least six megaspheres remaining, and I've been playing through Dimensions atm so I was expecting something a lot tougher. On the contrary, you are right - it is easy to get blocked by a Cyber multiple times running around because of the enemies in the dark rooms.

Either way, it was a really fun map with a sensible enemy roster. Again, great work. I imagine this will fit perfectly in the project.

1 hour ago, Dubbag said:

@battlescroll good map but needs a little more ammo and health

should i go back and update

but also that kind of the point to conserve ammo. i based it off of resident evil

ok here is my second wad called the trenchs and its based of the trenches used in ww1 and ww2 and the music is lee Jackson vetanim b6 and it took me 47mins. i hope you enjoy this one to. (i went back in because i found a glitch where a table in a secret that you cant climb on was consider a secret its self making it impossible to get 100% secrets. i hope you don't mind

the trenchs.zip

Edited by battlescroll

Map Name: Everlasting Dread

Author: Worriedidiot

Music: "An Offering to the Holy King Gort" from Albert Odyssey SNES

Build Time: 55 mins + 10 mins of tweaking and bug fixing

This is a compact slaughter map with lots of green, gray and brown. It's a lot more difficult than the maps I made for Half Moon and Tenth Gear (in my opinion). It's pretty easy on lower difficulties, but it made me rage on UV.

dread.rar

Map Name: You can run but you cannot hide

Author: Outrageous Videos

Music: Ocarina of Time - Battle

Sky: Cool boom transfer one

Build Time: 1 hour 4 mins

Testing Time: 40 minutes trying to beat the damn thing

Hardest legit map I have ever made I think

Your crowd control + bfg skills better be on point

The first fight of 1000 enemies isn't even a fight it's actually to help you ;)

It is beatable though

You can run but you can't hide.zip

4 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

That looks completely insane. I hope it doesn't fry my PC.

There's 160 archviles in that one arena hahaha

the 40 minutes it took to beat this fried my brain + nerves and also 84 cybs

28 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

Map Name: Everlasting Dread

Author: Worriedidiot

Music: "An Offering to the Holy King Gort" from Albert Odyssey SNES

Build Time: 55 mins + 10 mins of tweaking and bug fixing

This is a compact slaughter map with lots of green, gray and brown. It's a lot more difficult than the maps I made for Half Moon and Tenth Gear (in my opinion). It's pretty easy on lower difficulties, but it made me rage on UV.

dread.rar

fun + chill map to unwind with :D