Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Full Moon" a 1 Hour Speedmap Community Project and Finale of the "Time-Trilogy (Closed)"

2 hours ago, The BMFG said:

i decided it would be fun if i tried to make a title screen for the full moon mapping challenge. i tryed adding text but for some reason the text wont show up

someone else will have to do it932439070_fullmoonmappingbanner.png.d09eb7f33f1cc62b4bf12363de61979e.png

LOL very reminiscent of "Tenth Gear"

I might as well do something small but challenging.. instead of waiting to complete my actual first map cuz that's mutated into part of a serious long term project.

Can I take the next slot available, since I don't really mind what slot it is/where it ends up based on difficulty?

56 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

LOL very reminiscent of "Tenth Gear"

thats exactly what i based it off

48 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

how many maps are done?

I'm at 16 maps left. I have a list on page 4 of all the maps.

TITLEPIC-truecolor.png.6420f45edd27b866fbc3c52fb687cd44.png

Official Art work now up: by @Lippeth

Full size in OP

@The BMFG I liked yours but was looking for something different from Tenth Gear and wanted to carry over the theme of Moon Phases.

Poem for Project

She has spun,

full form in view,

Luna's true face,

is now revealed to you,

Take heed these words,

she speaks from above,

The rise of the Moon,

is the fall of the Sun.

Just a little thing I wrote like before in "Half-Moon"

Map Name: Fairly Recent Aliens

Author: Muumi

Music: Roof by Stuart Rynn

Sky: FIREBLU (lol)

Format: Boom (Doom 2)

Difficulty Settings: No

Build Time: 1 hour give or take few minutes

Comments: Behold beautiful eyemelting colors of vanilla doom in this not at all ancient aliens inspired map

fairly_recent_aliens.zip

Spoiler

doom05.png.0cb5f4a3b4ec09021e53191a3ba389dc.png

12 hours ago, battlescroll said:

this map is unplayable/beatable. im not trying to be rude but this map cant be beat because of missing textures and the fact that there to many cyberdemons at the start.

Ill wait to see what the guy running this has to say. The map is not hard at all compared to my usual maps. Either way it's a speed map and I don't care if it's included or not for being "to hard" :p

16 minutes ago, Bdubzzz said:

Ill wait to see what the guy running this has to say. The map is not hard at all compared to my usual maps. Either way it's a speed map and I don't care if it's included or not for being "to hard" :p

I just played it, and it is doable but I have to set some kind of standards here. It's just not fun. It's a speed map which I take into consideration, however this one will not be used unfortunately. Sorry

Here is a saveless max for my map in 11 attempts. (A bit harder than I gave it credit for maybe :^)  Ill probably re use the fight layout for a different project but I guess here is a demo for any1 who was wondering how to beat it (map included in the zip )

fullmoon_Dubz-414.zip

I underestimated how hard making a fun-to-play map in just one hour would be. I've made a lot of dumb test maps in about that time, but they were just that, dumb experiments..

If there's still a slot or two left, I might try making something without going perfectionist mode on textures and monster placement like I just did in one hour over the time limit :'D

38 minutes ago, ʞnifeworld said:

I underestimated how hard making a fun-to-play map in just one hour would be. I've made a lot of dumb test maps in about that time, but they were just that, dumb experiments..

If there's still a slot or two left, I might try making something without going perfectionist mode on textures and monster placement like I just did in one hour over the time limit :'D

There's 15 map slots left, there's still plenty to fill in.

7 minutes ago, Engired said:

There's 15 map slots left, there's still plenty to fill in.

Okay, neat. Sounds like there's enough time for me to come back with a clearer idea tomorrow. Ty.

Here's my map:

Name: Technology Center

Screenshot:

Spoiler

629100945_gzdoom2021-06-1617-50-25.png.e665b1dd083e7eb959c8af385f445b6b.png

Download: TechnologyCenter.zip

Sky: Some random sky from box o' skies

Music: Heretic E2M7

Time: 1:05

Here's me mapping and tweaking it in 50x speed, (Note: The final product is different to what is shown in the video):

It's not pretty, but I've made a map:

Hit the Bricks (Google Drive link)

Music is a MIDI of "Machine Gun Majesty" by Soilwork. Not sure who did the cover, but I got it off of MidiMelody.ru if you need some sort of source to cite! Build time was in the 1hr 10 minute zone in the end, not counting testing or picking out a MIDI, so hopefully that's acceptable! I've implemented difficulty settings (just by altering the armour and power ups there are in the map) as well as a really lazy SSG Deathmatch and an untested co-op that should be pretty harsh. Map isn't too difficult, IMO.

EDIT: Just updated now (17:28 GMT +1) to fix a few little fuck ups in the target source port (GZDoom handles "Not Cooperative" flags to also mean they're flagged "Multiplayer-Only" implicitly, apparently, so I had a few SSGs and a chaingun lying around that I didn't want the single player to get to) and move a wall a bit to avoid a texture cut-off that I was reminded of. Always test in the target port!

Edited by Phobus

The quality of my maps drops down with each entry...

Name: Black Monday

Music: Dante's Purgatory by KoD

Time: 55 mins + 30mins after testing

Comment: HMP is essentially the version of the map before tweaks. Map felt a bit too easy so I added a bit of stuff in UV. Also included the old version of the map in zip.

Will see if I can record demo for this soon. Otherwise I may consider debuffing it slightly.

bf.zip

This time I managed to not fuch up obs capturing.

Demo: bf-00055.zip

Edited by El Inferno

Oh wow just woke up this blew up last night lol

hallo!! I thought this might be a fun way to get into speedmapping :) maaaay have gone over the time a fair bit with playtesting and fixing but the main meat of it was done entirely in an hour haha

name: uhh

music: donna to the rescue (e3m2) from doom

time: ~1hr then like 30mins for testing

difficulty levels r included :) (barely) I'd prefer if this were in a slot with a hellish sky but not too fussed, it's pretty non linear and im happy with how it turned out even tho its super ugly

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au9n-M55PVBggQjkgpAVhiAECUkA

5 hours ago, FloofCollie said:

actually wondering if I could change the music track from e3m2's to e3m3's :p

sure thing