Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

New doom 2 map - short 44 monsters on UV - 2 hour job

Get it here! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QRLUMWogE4PpbxoJUGb3tde8UAbLdNPX/view?usp=sharing

Guys I had no idea I was gunna map today - I passed out in the sun and had 2 hours of I need to be inside and made this spontaneously AF

As usual

-all difficulty / multiplayer supported

-no crouching or jumping

-freelook is fine either way 

-only tested in gzDoom + has MapInfo

-music is Troglodyte by @Jimmy

It's hopefully pretty challenging on UV - 5 minute job probably

UV - 44 monsters, 4 secrets, 44 items

PS something bigger is in the pipework - stay tuned!

Get it here! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QRLUMWogE4PpbxoJUGb3tde8UAbLdNPX/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Clippy : I forgot stuff as usual

I had a great time figuring out how to play the opening and normally I'm bad at anything with cramped combat.  Starting with the yellow door, everything felt a fair bit easier than the earlier stuff.  I don't think that's necessarily bad, though, since it sorta encourages single segment attempts.  I imagine it's a lot more chaotic if you don't kill most of the monsters before opening the yellow door, too.  Fun stuff!

Spoiler

Sad I didn't find the BFG until all the enemies were dead, but I did get all the secrets.

"Lil' Wad" (the file name...) sounds like the name of a rap artist with too much tattoos on his face!

Very intense map, maybe too intense for my taste :D But well done. 

Hey everyone - I been busy but am grateful for your vids and watched em all

Some thoughts and info anyone can read

@Snaxalotl - Congrats on getting here first, wow your video made my map look much more awesome than I ever meant it to - with the cool lighting and stuff. Good job punching some barons too!

@Salmon - Thanks for the review, yeah this is a map where it might be best to kill everyone you can. I know it gets easier but that's part of what happened when I mapped so fast - I had to get er done or I would miss the BBQ - I also wanted an ending that wasn't archvile

@Biodegradable- Hey buddy this was great seeing the first time experience, seeing you figure it out to what seemed hopeless with so many barons "What do I do, Clip?" haha. Good stuff - I wanted to bring the pressure to the player right off the hop. PS when you walk into the computer room the switch lowers to access the section behind the gate, you didn't need to open the door in your youtube thumbail and fight the pinkies each time, made it harder for yourself :P - The pinkies will come out later when you go in the yellow key room tho - as for secrets I accidentally made a theme of 44 monsters, 4 secrets and 44 items. Also I had til exactly 6:30 to get this done when my wife got off work so I had to rush, or else I would have put more in. That spectare at the rocket secret past the revenant took THREE SSG shots wth - weird. Also I found it amusing when you discovered the name of the map at the end. I never know what to name maps and right at the end came up with something stupid to describe this tight combat situation.

@HAK3180- WOW did not expect to see a vid from you - good stuff. There is something really interesting about the way you move around, I know you play with just a keyboard and that's nuts. At the end with the mancubus, I expected the player to be low on ammo and run in to grab the rockets - this triggers the caco teleports. I realized that I didn't make this situation the best and the cacos should come out sooner or something. I'm not going to make any changes tho to keep it in the essence of a 2 hour map - thanks for playing!

@evil_scientist - haha lil.wad was just cause I didn't have a real name yet - I knew I was making a small map. Yes UV is quite the hardcore setting here, but keep in mind the other settings are implemented too in cause you want to have less of a heart attack

@sectrslayr - thank you on playing this on HMP and being the first to submit footage of all secrets. I always map best for UV but try to accommodate other settings too so seeing it tested is very valuable. Good stuff! All I really do is remove monsters from lower settings most of the time.

I am surprised to get so many vids and stuff so quickly, thanks for all the feedback and support everyone! Vids are always helpful so I can see what works and what doesn't

22 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Nobody likes a cheater, Sect. ;^) :^P

Guilty as charged! I mean, it just saved me a lot of retries... :-P

42 minutes ago, Clippy said:

@evil_scientist - haha lil.wad was just cause I didn't have a real name yet - I knew I was making a small map. Yes UV is quite the hardcore setting here, but keep in mind the other settings are implemented too in cause you want to have less of a heart attack

Yeah, I managed to finish the level on Hey not too rough :D

Such maps are interesting, because they are like a VERY BLOODY PUZZLE. Trial & error brings mastery... if you persevere...

I really needed a dose of Clippy. Im in some sort of mental block, and this little breath of fresh air is surely inspiring.

Tried my best to speedrun it:

@Soulless I somehow stumbled upon this video before you posted it

It was amazing watching you just rip through this so fast what a great show

You definitely have the speed running UV record at the moment

As for a dose of Clippy stay tuned cuz I'm going to hit you with so much Clippy won't even know what to do with yourself 

Full megawad of tiny dumb maps incoming

Writing this as I play it 

Few Barons in here, I see. Thought this would be a walk in the park with the low monster count, but the cramped spaces make it harder, nice job.

Just finished it, it was very fun, the way that you used those cramped spaces and the monsters made it pretty challenging. I think that Archvile was a non-threat to me. That was very fun. I can't wait for that megawad

@1Destro3456 thanks buddy. Yeah I think I had a concept of Barons chase you but they also protect a yellow key. Like I said I jammed this map together in 2 hours. I think I ran out of steam and ideas and I implemented a blue key door that doesn't really make much sense. The Archvile could be a bigger threat if you didn't kill everybody yet. 

I remember somebody somewhere said that it's a really dumb idea to give the super shotgun right off the bat so I also wanted to do that in this map but still make it challenging

Either way I had a spontaneous moment of creativity and free time and this was the result. I literally woke outside in the Sun and said screw this I'm going to go make a map. 

I think it worked out pretty well anyway I had fun and I hope you guys did too

As for that new mega set yeah I can't wait to release it either just waiting for a few more ducks to get in a row

Cool little map.  The hot start with the Barons was really something.  I almost did something similar in my Arcane Archive map, with Barons chasing the player around at the start, but, as you know, I ended up taking the gameplay in a different direction on that one.

@Orcsbreath thank you so much for playing that was fun to watch. My goal was to make a map that seemed helpless but then you find out it's very possible. I laughed pretty hard at the 6 minute Mark when that Archvile ran right past you to resurrect everybody. The blue key is actually optional in this map so if you didn't open it you would have been better off 😜

@IvanDobrovski thank you I really have fun making these kind of maps. You can look up Clippyworld to find my earlier works or hopefully if all goes well my new 32 set of tiny maps will come out within the next few weeks

Ha ha, funny small map go brr.

Jokes aside, what a short, but sweet WAD. Thanks for blessing us with a creation of yours (and a glorious mapname), Clippy !

9 minutes ago, Origamyde said:

Ha ha, funny small map go brr.

Jokes aside, what a short, but sweet WAD. Thanks for blessing us with a creation of yours (and a glorious mapname), Clippy !

Haha thanks 

It wasn't until the very end that I was trying to come up with a name for this tiny cramped map and somehow this just came to me. If you type it in YouTube it brings up videos of it. I guess nobody used this combination of words before 😯

Here is my gameplay about your Clippy map, it was really very enjoyable and entertaining, just that I put some oddities to my video, heh

EXTRA:

Spoiler

Here I also left the test of my gameplay in the default mechanics that Doom brings, and the truth was, it was not a bad experience, I had a lot of fun.

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Default

Deaths → 0

Saves → none

Screenshot-Doom-20210620-204909.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210620-204923.png

Edited by ElPadrecitoCholo

Very fun Clippy but challenging too! Great work!

@Dubbag lmao - yes made this map in 2 hours and you discovered a major bug. You are meant to raise pillars to run to the exit but it didn't occur to me you could click it from below !!! OOPS hahaha fuck good one

Thank you so much for everybody spending time making videos on this map 

It means a lot

I finally recorded my own video as well