Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

Technicolor Antichrist Box | Anniversary Edition! | FINAL

I'm fine with the color scheme being partially my fault because this is beautiful, It's interesting how much that alone can change the atmosphere of the map.

Just now, Regular Warren said:

I'm fine with the color scheme being partially my fault because this is beautiful, It's interesting how much that alone can change the atmosphere of the map.

I definitely blame you for this scheme- amazing what one screenshot can start :3

Came here through a Pineapple post.. am not disappointed. So.. "appointed", then?

In fact, I am doubly.. un-disappointed:  Great screenshots AND a pineapple in one of them!

Spoiler

image.png

Sadly it's not blue.. and not particularly under the sea.

I'll definitely check these out later, when I'm at my gaming PC.

I never got around to the original (I knew there was something from the Cacowards I missed), so this is perfect! Looks really awesome. 

15 hours ago, Zylinderkatze said:

Great screenshots AND a pineapple in one of them!

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Sadly it's not blue.. and not particularly under the sea.

Holy SHIT! 

Map owns. Mapper owns. I want more maps. From this mapper. Mapper's maps. Oh yeah, it's all comin together.

This map is A M A Z I N G.

Arlene's style of slaughter keeps me coming back to try and master it instead of driving me away from just being too hard. The encounters are clever in a way I'm not accustomed to, and it's just a joy to play. I loved TAB, and this is just...W O W

(No idea if this is eligible but I hope this gets a Cacoward this year)

I had a blast playing this one (UV). Not sure how much changes from the original because I havent played it, but its quite a challenge.

The last section was punishing but fair. Im not used to Supercharge, but recently played Austinados Catharsis and I loved it, same on this one,

fits together really well. I guess now I have to play the original to see whats different.

Well, I've been pushing this in the back of my mind for a while, hopefully I start to play this tomorrow and I finish it in... a week. Those screenshots look gorgeous, I totally have to play this

Just finished it, and I'm astonished, this was a blast. I loved it so much, the color, the theme, even the combat, it was really tough (and I played in HNTR) but enjoyable still. And I had a blast with the granediers (pun intended, and I'm using sarcasm). But yeah, I loved it I wonder what were the changes from the original though, I never played it.

16 minutes ago, 1Destro3456 said:

Just finished it, and I'm astonished, this was a blast. I loved it so much, the color, the theme, even the combat, it was really tough (and I played in HNTR) but enjoyable still. And I had a blast with the granediers (pun intended, and I'm using sarcasm). But yeah, I loved it I wonder what were the changes from the original though, I never played it.

Glad to hear you liked it!
Mostly, just a palette change, but the weapons in Supercharge 2.8 are slightly different (new sprites for assault rifle and scrapgun, plus the extra "stomper" rocket launcher), the grenadiers and Wickeds were added as well. Did a slight bit of rebalancing on some fights, and Primeval once again came through for me on music and gave me a hella cool boss/battle theme to use that fits right in with the original track.

Sorry for the necro, but the file seems to be gone.  Is it available somewhere still?  I have the original, but wanted to give the update a shot.

3 hours ago, ShallowB said:

Sorry for the necro, but the file seems to be gone.  Is it available somewhere still?  I have the original, but wanted to give the update a shot.

Sorry, I'd run out of room on my Dropbox and I must have deleted that by accident, link is now updated.

This Map was awesome! Even with Supercharge, this took quite some time and proved quite hard, however the encounters were lovingly crafted and never failed to make me think "someone must have hurt Arlene bad." (last fight specifically was soooo hard). Also probably more to my preference, since Bastion of Chaos, while featuring some amazing architecture is grindy as hell for a while without a BFG. This one isn't so concerned with overwhelming you.

2 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

This Map was awesome! Even with Supercharge, this took quite some time and proved quite hard, however the encounters were lovingly crafted and never failed to make me think "someone must have hurt Arlene bad." (last fight specifically was soooo hard). Also probably more to my preference, since Bastion of Chaos, while featuring some amazing architecture is grindy as hell for a while without a BFG. This one isn't so concerned with overwhelming you.

Glad you enjoyed! I tried to make this one a bit more accessible for folks new to slaughter (and probably that last fight is the biggest, grindiest one).