Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arch-Vile NL

How old is ''doomworld'' ?

14 hours ago, Lippeth said:

Yes he is 23 years old and now studying at a college and trying to find a suitable job for this summer to save some money to pay student taxes.

Damn some old fellas say when he was at age 15. He was into satanism or someshit just before dope-fish became a phenomenon again.

He also had his own pocket hell dimension to put naughty friends for a while.

7 hours ago, roadworx said:

lol you're older than dirt

I'm sure he's younger than Chief Keef and i believe he could only drive legally when he released his Finally Rich album

I found the site when I was a Freshman in highschool. I was perusing the school library and stumbled upon "Knee Deep in the Dead".

I read it, and it was alright. Then I thought about the fact that I hadn't really played Doom since Quake came out, and that I should look at what was happening with Doom. 20 years later, here I am.

@Doomkid You just sent me down a Usenet rabbit hole of nostalgia. The best thing about Google archiving the old Usenet in Google Groups is all the folks replying to 20yo video game questions and console war flame post. It warms my heart. 

I often wonder how many how many folks reading Doomworld these days are younger than the forum itself. 

Centuries ago in a time of darkness, fury and conspiracy (that today known as WEB 1.0) there were some strangers. One of them was called Linguica and one another Not Jabba...

I often wonder how many how many folks reading Doomworld these days are younger than the forum itself.

And till today nobody really know who was Jabba by other hand.

Edited by UnknDoomer

Years = 2021-1998 = 23

Months = 276 + 6 = 282

Days = 23 years = 8395 + 180 = 8575

There you go. If you count by years, it's 23. If months, then it's 282, and if you count it by days (not accurate) it's 8575

IMG_20210616_213252.jpg.311a17c93e26dce9b50dff407d0253ca.jpg

23 hours ago, Arch-Vile NL said:

has it been around since the early days?

Last millennium when people launched Pong from A:

Yep.

13 hours ago, Spladam said:

quite a few, myself included (although only by two years)