Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
⇛Marnetmar⇛

Hey, remember Metroid Dread?

I am glad that we are getting a proper sequel to Metroid Fusion, but... I really do not like the bleak and washed-out colour palette. 

Also, the lighting in some shots makes some of the models look like they are unfinished or something.

hell yea im on board i love how the game looks and plays

i really liked samus returns so i like that they are doing a new game on this style i hope this game isnt so counter heavy though samus returns got kinda repetitive on that

im also curious about it being "the end of the metroid arc" seens like every game samus gets closer and closer to death this game might be the end of her journeys

This reminds me that I should really get around to playing Metroid Fusion. For as much as I love the Metroid series and was hoping for a new game, never got around to Fusion.

About time we'd get a Metroid 5! I just hope it won't be linear as Fusion was, sequence-breaking was what made the series so great.

Looks great so far. MercurySteam redeemed themselves to me after Samus Returns was actually very good, so if they're involved this time around, I'm all for it.

17 minutes ago, HavoX said:

About time we'd get a Metroid 5! I just hope it won't be linear as Fusion was, sequence-breaking was what made the series so great.

seens like that was a trend set by the guy who created the series and if im not mistaken he isnt working on metroid anymore

i think its kinda ironic that one of the series that pionered the metroidvania genre spend years not knowing how to make a good metroidvania

and lets not even talk about other m that game is a catastrophe on gameplay, exploration, story, themes everything really

I saw some of the trailer earlier but didn't see any hidden/special blocks, like the ones you remove with the powerbomb or smash through with speed booster etc. the platform design was chunkier and more aimed towards action, I think? which is badass but the main thing I like about metroid is all the weird blocks behind the scenes, hope they're present in some form

i have never played a Metroid game before but i might get this new game for my switch some time after its release 

38 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

i have never played a Metroid game before but i might get this new game for my switch some time after its release 

i recommend you to take a look at the metroid zero mission gba game

its a remake of metroid 1 and probaly the best 2d metroid in the series super metroid is also good but the controls aged like garbage

1 minute ago, omalefico32x said:

i recommend you to take a look at the metroid zero mission gba game

its a remake of metroid 1 and probaly the best 2d metroid in the series super metroid is also good but the controls aged like garbage

Metroid Fusion is my favourite actually

I don't know what I was expecting, but my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I shouldn't really expect anything from Nintendo when it comes to Metroid.

32 minutes ago, june gloom said:

I don't know what I was expecting, but my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

what you mean by that? are you disapointed that it wasnt prime 4? or did you just not like the game?

41 minutes ago, june gloom said:

why

What surprises me the most is the "METROID 5" title. The mad men are finally advancing the main timeline after 20 years.

35 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

what you mean by that? are you disapointed that it wasnt prime 4? or did you just not like the game?

26 minutes ago, Marn said:

why

I'm just tired of seeing Nintendo fuck Metroid's corpse. My heart can't take it anymore.

Nintendo needs to just say "we don't care about our western market, so we're not going to make Metroid games anymore since you gaijin are the only ones who like it. Go play Axiom Verge or something and let us crank out Mario and Zelda games in peace." Instead they keep dangling a carrot to get our money and that carrot always turns out to be a fucking parsnip.

Samus Returns. Federation Force. Other M. Even Zero Mission was a lot of wasted potential. And now this, another ugly 2.5D game with a washed out aesthetic. At least they use new assets this time, unlike the immensely lazy Samus Returns with its 15-year-old Metroid Prime assets that they only cranked out to calm the PR snafu Nintendo found themselves in after they C&D'd AM2R.

The way Nintendo treats this franchise is depressing. But at least they don't do Metroid as dirty as they do F-Zero...

4 minutes ago, june gloom said:

I'm just tired of seeing Nintendo fuck Metroid's corpse. My heart can't take it anymore.

Nintendo needs to just say "we don't care about our western market, so we're not going to make Metroid games anymore since you gaijin are the only ones who like it. Go play Axiom Verge or something and let us crank out Mario and Zelda games in peace." Instead they keep dangling a carrot to get our money and that carrot always turns out to be a fucking parsnip.

Samus Returns. Federation Force. Other M. Even Zero Mission was a lot of wasted potential. And now this, another ugly 2.5D game with a washed out aesthetic. At least they use new assets this time, unlike the immensely lazy Samus Returns with its 15-year-old Metroid Prime assets that they only cranked out to calm the PR snafu Nintendo found themselves in after they C&D'd AM2R.

The way Nintendo treats this franchise is depressing. But at least they don't do Metroid as dirty as they do F-Zero...

wow thats a hot take i personaly think samus returns and dred look absolutely beautfull and if they are reusing metroid prime assets...who cares? i mean if they are good assets why trow them in the trash and make new ones? most of the game is still new assets the levels the textures some enemies and of course the new stuff doom 2 reused almost every doom 1 asset well its not a bad game isnt it?

i think you are giving them to few credit too immensely lazy samus returns? the game remade the entire metroid 2 map with a lot of detail and a new  mechanic as well as the counter the only way i can see that game being lazy is if you consider all remakes to be lazy

2 hours ago, june gloom said:

What would a perfect new Metroid release look like for you?

3 hours ago, omalefico32x said:

wow thats a hot take i personaly think samus returns and dred look absolutely beautfull

It's not a hot-take, it's provocative contrarianism apparently due to a grudge over a cease-and-desist of a game five years ago.

3 hours ago, june gloom said:

It sounds to me like you want them to treat Metroid exactly like they do F-Zero: completely abandon it and pretend it never existed! Which of course would then have fans writing forums rants like this one complaining that Nintendo never makes Metroid games anymore, so I guess it's a lose-lose for them.

From what I can tell, Metroid fans in general seem hype to have their first official, sidescrolling, non-remake Metroid game since Fusion almost 20 years ago. So this reaction is very confusing to me.

1 minute ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

It's not a hot-take, it's provocative contrarianism apparently due to a grudge over a cease-and-desist of a game five years ago.

It sounds to me like you want them to treat Metroid exactly like they do F-Zero: completely abandon it and pretend it never existed! Which of course would then have fans writing forums rants like this one complaining that Nintendo never makes Metroid games anymore, so I guess it's a lose-lose for them.

From what I can tell, Metroid fans in general seem hype to have their first official, sidescrolling, non-remake Metroid game since Fusion almost 20 years ago. So this reaction is very confusing to me.

oh man i love f zero and i just want a new game

the last fzero game had a lot of cpu racers on the same track with you (35  on the gba if im not mistaken) and the console games had even more

f zero would be perfect for something like tetris 99

I like the gritty and dark atmosphere, the trailer gives you a feel of being hunted, even the ending sound gives you those predator vibes.

I am super hyped for Metroid: Dread. Lighting could use some work but over all i like what i saw.

Edited by jazzmaster9

2 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

I want good Metroid games, not mediocre 2.5D ones with ugly aesthetics. (I will also accept a new Prime game.) But the truth is, I also know that Nintendo is not interested in doing that. Their whole approach to the franchise since Fusion/Prime 1 has been to throw us unsatisfactory or outright bad titles every few years then act like we're ungrateful.

And you're dead wrong about this being just about AM2R -- that's just one of the many things Nintendo has done to this franchise. Or did you actually like Other M?

I'm terrible at Metroid games. Granted, I've only ever played Metroid, Metroid 2, and Super Metroid. I haven't played the 3D ones. I just tend to get hopelessly lost in these type of games - other metroidvania games included. I just can't reliably navigate them for some reason...

I do actually like the look of Metroid Dread, I think it has a nice aesthetic. I'd be interested in picking it up, if it isn't 'maze-y' like the earlier 2D games.

Almost makes me want to buy a Switch just for this game. Almost.

10 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

I do actually like the look of Metroid Dread, I think it has a nice aesthetic. I'd be interested in picking it up, if it isn't 'maze-y' like the earlier 2D games.

It most likely will be. Metroid's legacy is built upon the concepts that the original game explored back in 1986, to the point where the franchise itself is one half of the term "Metroidvania". And it'd be silly of Nintendo to throw that in the trash.

11 hours ago, june gloom said:

I want good Metroid games, not mediocre 2.5D ones with ugly aesthetics. (I will also accept a new Prime game.) But the truth is, I also know that Nintendo is not interested in doing that. Their whole approach to the franchise since Fusion/Prime 1 has been to throw us unsatisfactory or outright bad titles every few years then act like we're ungrateful.

And you're dead wrong about this being just about AM2R -- that's just one of the many things Nintendo has done to this franchise. Or did you actually like Other M?

while i really like the asthetics of am2r samsu returns and dred look beautfull and really take advantage of the 3d with stuff like free aim

what about then makes you think they are ugly?

11 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

I'm terrible at Metroid games. Granted, I've only ever played Metroid, Metroid 2, and Super Metroid. I haven't played the 3D ones. I just tend to get hopelessly lost in these type of games - other metroidvania games included. I just can't reliably navigate them for some reason...

play zero mission its the most straight foward of the series and its the best for newcomers too its a remake of metroid 1 and belive me you will never get lost in it the game really holds your hand but not in a bad way like a lot of modern games do

On 6/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, june gloom said:

Even Zero Mission was a lot of wasted potential.

While I am pissed at Nintendo for issuing a cease & disease against AM2R, I am not sure I get your issue with Zero Mission.

In many ways, I like it better than Super Metroid, primarily because it feels better paced - in part thanks to the exclusion of Maridia.