Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Murdoch

Robocop 2 Revenant Inspiration?

Cool stuff! I watched Robocop 2 a long time ago as well and I don't really remember this. In fact, I barely remember Robocop 2 in general. At least it wasn't like Robocop 3, which I actively tried to forget!

4 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Cool stuff! I watched Robocop 2 a long time ago as well and I don't really remember this. In fact, I barely remember Robocop 2 in general. At least it wasn't like Robocop 3, which I actively tried to forget!

I remember it well. I was about 11 when I saw it. I had seen the heavily edited for TV version of Robocop 1 and told Dad it wouldn't be that bad. He reluctantly agreed to take me. The TV version of the original did not feature anything like Skullbot here, a guy getting cut open with a scalpel, drug taking, lots of bloody shooting and a brain being smashed on concrete. Dad was, shall we say, less than impressed.

5 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I remember it well. I was about 11 when I saw it. I had seen the heavily edited for TV version of Robocop 1 and told Dad it wouldn't be that bad. He reluctantly agreed to take me. The TV version of the original did not feature anything like Skullbot here, a guy getting cut open with a scalpel, drug taking, lots of bloody shooting and a brain being smashed on concrete. Dad was, shall we say, less than impressed.

Have you ever seen the fan remake where Murphy systematically explodes the testicular region of about half a dozen men? Truly bizarre stuff.

6 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Have you ever seen the fan remake where Murphy systematically explodes the testicular region of about half a dozen men? Truly bizarre stuff.

Cannot say I have had the... pleasure? 

Haha I love that scene where it shows the prototypes malfunctioning. Haven't scene RoboCop 2 in a very long time though, so I don't know how well it holds up today. The first movie's a classic however and a personal favourite. :^)

3 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Haha I love that scene where it shows the prototypes malfunctioning. Haven't scene RoboCop 2 in a very long time though, so I don't know how well it holds up today. The first movie's a classic however and a personal favourite. :^)

The Old Man's facepalm technique after the second one was superb.

Yeah I remember seeing that Robocop clip sometime this year and made a joke about how the first Revenant was born or something like that. I didn't know it was the same designer though!

1 hour ago, ZeroTheEro said:

Saw the clip like a couple hours ago and I haven't made the connection yet lol

Bloody skull cyborg mounted on a shinny chromed chest armor of steel.

I'd completely forgotten about Robocop 2, but looking back, you're right! id Software definitely took inspiration from many sources for their games. I like to think the Archvile is based on Pumpkinhead.

10 hours ago, PSXDoomer said:

I'd completely forgotten about Robocop 2, but looking back, you're right! id Software definitely took inspiration from many sources for their games. I like to think the Archvile is based on Pumpkinhead.

I'm pretty sure it was. The similarities are too hard to ignore.

"Keep away from Pumpkinhead unless you're tired of living. His enemies are mostly dead, he's mean and unforgiving."