Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hitscanning_scumbag

help me with my project, please!

Question

Hey all. got a few questions here. If this contradicts any rules I promise i didn't know about it. and will edit my post accordingly given the chance. i'm not here to cause trouble.

Question 1: i cant seem to remember how to extend the effective range of a melee weapon, how do? -SOLVED!

question 2: when choosing a difficulty i want to make it look like halo, meaning the text shows up Somewhere around the picture,(See attachment for example.) I've seen this done somewhere

but i can't remember where. i think it has something to do with sbar or mapinfo.

question 3: I'm trying to craft a resident evil 4 style inventory system, but so far i cant even get the image to show up in the right place...can anyone point me to a proper tutorial? -Solved!

Hopefully it goes without saying but I have searching for a while trying to find the answers listed here. idk if i typed something wrong? but i cant find anything on google. any help appreciated.

halo.png

Edited by Hitscanning_scumbag : Not quite clear enough, problem 3 solved

16 answers to this question

I can only answer question 2.

So here's the answer, make a wide graphic and put them in slade 3 in a wad file then name that graphic M_SKULL1 then copy paste and name that copy M_SKULL2

(also sorry I couldn't answer the other questions, I don't know that much about what was said in them) 

11 minutes ago, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

I can only answer question 2.

So here's the answer, make a wide graphic and put them in slade 3 in a wad file then name that graphic M_SKULL1 then copy paste and name that copy M_SKULL2

(also sorry I couldn't answer the other questions, I don't know that much about what was said in them) 

im sorry could you be a little more specific? isnt M_skull1 and M_SKULL2 the doom menu skull? what do i do with it? (i forgot to mention this is a hexen mod, but the same idea should work i think)

also if you need me to eleaborate, dont be afraid to ask! im very forthcoming.

and i can only answer the first question.

So if replacing a weapon:

1. inherit from the weapon you want to update, like this

Actor RESIfist : Fist Replaces Fist (3456 = optional, only type if you want it to be picked up)

this code will just basicly up date the doom fist

2. do some properties ( if wanted) for the weapon, and then replace the fire state. When you find the melee function of the weapon (a_punch), replace it with a_custompunch, from there just type in the range section the range you want to make

but making a custom weapon:

do the typical prosedure of typing, and just use a_custompunch in your weapon.

other tip i can give is checking out zdoom wiki

On 6/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, ebigautisticnerd said:
On 6/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, ebigautisticnerd said:

if someone sees this question, please direct a person (or you) to another question i asked

and if you can (or the person you directed to this website), please answer the question

I do really not want to advertise for a question that i made.

But its been already up for weeks and the question blocks my progress

Please help!

you can solve it here, or go on the thread and answer it there. Your choice.

(you are directed to the thread with the arrow in the upper right of the black box)

(if you know the answer, you are a really big help)

i checked, i dont. but i mean hijacking someones thread, dude? and when my question is unanswered? there are other ways around that man.  you can bump your post, edit it or re doing but hijacking it seems scummy dude, js

On 6/22/2021 at 11:02 PM, Hitscanning_scumbag said:

i checked, i dont. but i mean hijacking someones thread, dude? and when my question is unanswered? there are other ways around that man.  you can bump your post, edit it or re doing but hijacking it seems scummy dude, js

I really know, but im really Desperate. If it is not Welcome, i will delete it. Sorry for the inconviniece.

Also i dont know the other ones (besides editing, wich i didnt know, that it can do that)

22 hours ago, ebigautisticnerd said:

I really know, but im really Desperate. If it is not Welcome, i will delete it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also i dont know the other ones (besides editing, which i didn't know, that it can do that)

well, it's alright. tbt i was kinda expecting a fight, but you seem nice enough so. ill leave a comment that may or may not help on your thread, but since this is my thread please keep it relevant.