Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veemon

TNT : Overcharged Close to be finish Update 01/18/2024

5 hours ago, BeeWen said:

The problem is not in the port version. The doll should go after the first sector, which goes down after the take of shotgun. If the ball does not take, the doll does not go further.

I dont have the problem what u say. I test the map a lot of times and never have that problem. 

Edit: i found the linedef with the problem 

And the problem with the map 14 i m thinking how to do "redundant" the sequence before the spider mastermind fight if the player do backtrack (or fight like a chicken XD ). 

Edited by Veemon

Going to give this a try because I always liked TNT in a spiritual endeavor. In gameplay endeavor for OG TNT it gets laughable sometimes, but much of that was intended.

And then I played this.... I played Map 01 and the Beginning of map 02. A+ for level design , D- for gameplay balance. 

Map 01. Really cool layout. Too bad there is no way to get the Soulsphere Secret and SSG secret without JUMPING. Like WTH ? My tactic when test playing is use Limit Removing tactics and then search for the secret the vanilla way afterward. THere is no working teleporters that can be found by wall humping, at least that I tried to get those 2 secrets.

Map 02- I'm fine with fighting Archviles. I'm fine with fighting ARchviles in small rooms with tiny cover Hell In Space Megawad is full of nasty slaughterfest type evil traps that are hard but not impossible. The beginning of this map of TNTO falls into the category of  "I'm just turning the game off".

40 minutes ago, kalensar said:

Going to give this a try because I always liked TNT in a spiritual endeavor. In gameplay endeavor for OG TNT it gets laughable sometimes, but much of that was intended.

And then I played this.... I played Map 01 and the Beginning of map 02. A+ for level design , D- for gameplay balance. 

Map 01. Really cool layout. Too bad there is no way to get the Soulsphere Secret and SSG secret without JUMPING. Like WTH ? My tactic when test playing is use Limit Removing tactics and then search for the secret the vanilla way afterward. THere is no working teleporters that can be found by wall humping, at least that I tried to get those 2 secrets.

Map 02- I'm fine with fighting Archviles. I'm fine with fighting ARchviles in small rooms with tiny cover Hell In Space Megawad is full of nasty slaughterfest type evil traps that are hard but not impossible. The beginning of this map of TNTO falls into the category of  "I'm just turning the game off".

IDK, maybe u need put more atention to the layout and find the secrets.

ezgif-2-e7950ea455ef.gif.0c6be7857d519ff893889f0e5061ad3e.gif

And for the gameplay balance hmmm, i need be honest, i never say the wad will have the same dificult of original TNT , is more i want a hard version of TNT like PL2 with PL. BUUUUT i have on my "to do List" add the dificulty levels because until today i dont do that (XD i have little time to work on this wad because i m a datacenter Admin on a IT Enterprise) when i finish the Map 20 (the last episode 2  map) maybe i will do the dificulty levels for more "casual" players. And i need do the art work for the splash screen -.- , a lot of work to do XD 

Oh that remember me , i m gonna update the Wad File Rn with the map 19 

Edited by Veemon

Just pistol started map 02 and loved that first fight with the AV.  It's unexpected and a different usage of the monster that we don't normally see, and it's really not that hard IMO, it just requires a little bit of figuring out.  I ran past into the next room and took out the two revenants first and then taking out the AV was fairly easy.  The rest of the map looks pretty good too.  Got to the return trip after getting the red key and got taken out by a revenant fireball when I wasn't paying attention.  Seems like this is going to be a pretty good wad to me.  

1 hour ago, Veemon said:

IDK, maybe u need put more atention to the layout and find the secrets.

ezgif-2-e7950ea455ef.gif.0c6be7857d519ff893889f0e5061ad3e.gif

And for the gameplay balance hmmm, i need be honest, i never say the wad will have the same dificult of original TNT , is more i want a hard version of TNT like PL2 with PL. BUUUUT i have on my "to do List" add the dificulty levels because until today i dont do that (XD i have little time to work on this wad because i m a datacenter Admin on a IT Enterprise) when i finish the Map 20 (the last episode 2  map) maybe i will do the dificulty levels for more "casual" players. And i need do the art work for the splash screen -.- , a lot of work to do XD 

Oh that remember me , i m gonna update the Wad File Rn with the map 19 

My post wasn't meant to be too mean. My opinion is if you don't have any complaint's over your mod or map projects then the testers weren't doing a very good job on the beta run here.

But yeah, on the secrets of Map01, those were a bit too cryptic. Those wall computer panel textures are basically never used for anything by anybody, and the pillar teleporter literally had nothing special about it. I'm just telling the reasons why they didn't get clicked by me. 

On a side note, every good doom map that was meant to be played vanilla is just as hard while playing as limit. Doom 2 and Final Dooms both hold their own quite well when played in a limit removed fashion. The difficulty of a good Doom map doesn't go down the drain when Limit Removing is used, in fact it's kicked my arse even more so and made some maps even harder.

52 minutes ago, kalensar said:

My post wasn't meant to be too mean. My opinion is if you don't have any complaint's over your mod or map projects then the testers weren't doing a very good job on the beta run here.

But yeah, on the secrets of Map01, those were a bit too cryptic. Those wall computer panel textures are basically never used for anything by anybody, and the pillar teleporter literally had nothing special about it. I'm just telling the reasons why they didn't get clicked by me. 

On a side note, every good doom map that was meant to be played vanilla is just as hard while playing as limit. Doom 2 and Final Dooms both hold their own quite well when played in a limit removed fashion. The difficulty of a good Doom map doesn't go down the drain when Limit Removing is used, in fact it's kicked my arse even more so and made some maps even harder.

I cant Agree with u with the secrets, the pillar had a unique texture by the side of the teleport (again, look closely the level) if something is a bit "odd" go and hump it. 

Oh hey. Another TNT project. :D It seems more & more TNT custom stuff is getting out to the public.

I'll try this either today or some other day & let you know what I think of it. :)

Also tagging @P41R47 since he likes TNT a lot & is happy to see more TNT stuff.

9 hours ago, Veemon said:

I dont have the problem what u say. I test the map a lot of times and never have that problem. 

Edit: i found the linedef with the problem 

And the problem with the map 14 i m thinking how to do "redundant" the sequence before the spider mastermind fight if the player do backtrack (or fight like a chicken XD ). 

Players play in different ways. Limit yourself the space for movement is not a very smart solution and chicken here too much. Especially when the rooms are filled with enemies suddenly and everywhere. Therefore, you need to try to provide for different solutions without breaking the game, which is certainly difficult.

This actually looks decent from the screenshots I've seen, will have to play this at some point just to see what it's like.

Coming Soon Boys, i m fixing a tiny bug with PRboom+ in this sequence, and i release the update with the map 20 

Guys, Map 20 is Done, with another fix to older maps and a tiny Rework of Map 13.

Please, i need ur Feedback, Map 20 maybe is to dificult and need a t Fix in the future, but for that i need ur Feedback plz. 

Episode 2 is finish, i m taking and making ideas for the last part of the proyect, Hell Levels, and the two secret levels. (I have a lot of ideas for Map 31 and 32)

But in general, please test the maps from map 01 to Map 20 . and tell me ur opinion.

The Wad File is updated, the Zip in the Thread and the mirror in google drive are updated until today (09/29/2021)

Like always, thanks for give me feeback and give me a chance to enjoy my Work.

Take a Criying ArchVile like a Gift 

image.png.cf21b9461e0be783683c7764f09582ee.png

At the time of writting I've UV-max the first 5 levels, so about 25% of the available experience, and I can say with confidence that I didn't enjoy it at all.

BUT I'll write the off as preference, since I don't enjoy getting my ass kicked by teleport ambushes every time I collect something.

In next posts I'll review each map individually, trying to be being as unbiased as possible so the gameplay experience can be a bit better for everyone.

This post is a review of the first map, if you want to experience the level by yourself don't read it, unless if you already play or simply don't care.

Spoiler

Map 01: In extrema res

For me, the first level should be a microcosm of the wad, a taste of what's to come, and In extrema res achieves that.

It's a very early and clear statement that everything you do will most likely activate a monster closet or a teleport ambush, plus this wad is not afraid to throw an Archiviles at you, also there are a lot of hitscanners in this map always chipping alway at your heath, and because the map is a bit stingy with health it can get a little frustrating, but if a medkit or two were added this wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Aesthetically speaking is quite competent, the visuals are strong and nothing seems out of place, that said, I don't think the raising bars in the second room adds anything, the ones outside at least can be use as a cover.

The only gripe I have is with the first secret, the Super Shotgun one, since there is no hint to it, the map doesn't show any switches and the texture doesn't show any oddities either, plus the texture behind de blue key is the same:

1324317235_Fase1segredo1.png.f0432e5bbc6ee75ca23e81dee3c00a28.png

1267325844_Fase1exemplo2.jpg.a5b10462621cda92ca619ee5bbee1e6a.jpg

Personaly I would like that a hidden switch as added with a sound feedback, an example I could find is in THT: Threnody map 03.

749010542_Fase1exemplo1.jpg.ed319a7f8bd71a44576ca32d42ba871f.jpg

Outside the point I made against the 1st secret and the lack of medkits, this is a very strong start.

This a UV-max demo if anyone care

TNTO1max.rar

Edited by PC2mill : fixing

On 12/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, PC2mill said:

This post is a review of the first map, if you want to experience the level by yourself don't read it, unless if you already play or simply don't care.

Hide contents

Map 01: In extrema res

For me, the first level should be a microcosm of the wad, a taste of what's to come, and In extrema res achieves that.

It's a very early and clear statement that everything you do will most likely activate a monster closet or a teleport ambush, plus this wad is not afraid to throw an Archiviles at you, also there are a lot of hitscanners in this map always chipping alway at your heath, and because the map is a bit stingy with health it can get a little frustrating, but if a medkit or two were added this wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Aesthetically speaking is quite competent, the visuals are strong and nothing seems out of place, that said, I don't think the raising bars in the second room adds anything, the ones outside at least can be use as a cover.

The only gripe I have is with the first secret, the Super Shotgun one, since there is no hint to it, the map doesn't show any switches and the texture doesn't show any oddities either, plus the texture behind de blue key is the same:

1324317235_Fase1segredo1.png.f0432e5bbc6ee75ca23e81dee3c00a28.png

1267325844_Fase1exemplo2.jpg.a5b10462621cda92ca619ee5bbee1e6a.jpg

Personaly I would like that a hidden switch as added with a sound feedback, an example I could find is in THT: Threnody map 03.

749010542_Fase1exemplo1.jpg.ed319a7f8bd71a44576ca32d42ba871f.jpg

Outside the point I made against the 1st secret and the lack of medkits, this is a very strong start.

This a UV-max demo if anyone care

TNTO1max.rar

Hi!!! thanks a lot for ur feedback, and yep, the wad is very hitscann heavy, maybe very devil traps with teleports and complex sequence in some maps. 

Oh i update the wad rn, Map 06 have a nice Relift with the lighting. 

And Map 31 was Added (Is maybe sunlust Tier in dificulty) 

The Update is already on Google Drive mirror and in the file of this thread. 

5 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Do MAP31 and 32 have names? I noticed there were no CWILVs or Dehacked entries for them. Just wondering.

Also a D_EVIL2 music which is never called.

I m thinking in names... Thanks for reminder me change the names i m gonna do that now and use the TNT IWAD, the names are for TNT iwad Patch 

Edited by Veemon

Hey! i have news from this project, looks like is "dormant" but ... i have a lot of news. I will do a new post showing the changes .

This is a ScreenShot from Map 23

Spoiler

image.png.e65e21043694c4ceb0ba35979d7ec947.png

On 6/19/2021 at 12:05 AM, jerrysheppy said:

This implies that there are places in your maps that you think look more attractive than the ones you chose to screenshot.

So why didn't you screenshot those?

Please take this as potentially constructive criticism: when you post screenshots in the announcement thread for your maps, you are trying to build hype and hook people.  You really want to put your best foot forward, as the saying goes.  That is what will actually get people to play your wad!  If you don't want to do that, why should I want to play it?

TNT isn't exactly a high bar to clear, haha

I think this looks very promising!

I update the main Thread, adding all the screenshots of the project in Spoilers , each per level 

And yes, the wad file is updated. (Use the mirror on the main thread) or use this

TNT : Overcharged Mirror (Wad File)

image.png.a781932bd19b99f244fcbfeab7e73ba4.png

Please, test it and say me what u think

Edited by Veemon

13 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Why is the wad inside the rar a different size than the one in the second mirror?

One link is a rar, and the other one is the WAD without compress.