Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veemon

TNT : Overcharged BETA Big Update

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, ketmar said:

here it is:

  Reveal hidden contents

tafe83.png

 

there should be no sky at the crosshair. it is actually HOM effect due to missing lower textures. the alcove with a chaingunner (linedefs 567 and so) has the same thing too, but it's much harder to see, because you cannot go low enough.

 

p.s.: also, wouldn't it be better to make the glass at the picture above as completely blocking, so it will be impossible to shoot through it? otherwise with freelook enabled i can snipe alot of monsters in the courtyard.

The wad isnt made for free looking mouse, is like Cheat XD same for jumping and that modern stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Veemon said:

The wad isnt made for free looking mouse

yes, i understand that. but DoomGuy cannot walk through that glass anyway, so you can make life for us, those who are using freelook, slightly harder. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

Jumped around the first few maps, which is not much but it's a lot more informative than screenshots, and the aesthetics are actually cool, particularly for a first-timer. There are things to criticize or polish (which includes gameplay too), which is the case with any first project, but whatever you are doing here is definitely worth pursuing. Here is me playing a bit of map01.

 

 

(The second half of this vid shows a clump of monsters below a pit that is pretty awkward to fight. And I loved that transformation, with the architecture rising out of the ground.) 

 

I think using UDB 3d mode screenshots is not the best idea -- the lighting in those is flat, so they can't really compare to in-game screenshots -- and is possibly the root cause for some of the comments you've received about the looks. But...

 

On 6/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, Degree23 said:

As soon as you say "Don't take this the wrong way", it means you already know that your comment can be taken the wrong way. It's like when someone says "No offense, but ..." and then says something offensive, as if prefacing it with a warning somehow makes it ok. Your comment immediately comes off as antagonistic and unwelcoming. For someone who was telling another member that their comments lacked a "dose of grace" in another thread, you certainly demonstrated how not to behave to a new mapper in this one.

 

...for the record: I'm still seconding this about that particular batch of posts.

 

It really is okay if your first project doesn't match up to the stronger content in a given year (like URE2020, Perpetual Powers, etc.), either in overall quality or immediate screenshot appeal.

Share this post


Link to post

Had just started playing the first version, then saw the update and started MAP02 over again. Between the two versions, linedef tag 30 somehow got deleted, so the Hell Knight and Zombieman closets didn't open this time. Liking it so far. Having fun.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

I haven't played it yet but is this your first wad you've done?

yep

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Had just started playing the first version, then saw the update and started MAP02 over again. Between the two versions, linedef tag 30 somehow got deleted, so the Hell Knight and Zombieman closets didn't open this time. Liking it so far. Having fun.

Fixed, i think i delete the linedef by error , thank u 

The wad is updated, in the mirror and the original post

Edited by Veemon

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, rd. said:

Jumped around the first few maps, which is not much but it's a lot more informative than screenshots, and the aesthetics are actually cool, particularly for a first-timer. There are things to criticize or polish (which includes gameplay too), which is the case with any first project, but whatever you are doing here is definitely worth pursuing. Here is me playing a bit of map01.

 

 

(The second half of this vid shows a clump of monsters below a pit that is pretty awkward to fight. And I loved that transformation, with the architecture rising out of the ground.) 

 

I think using UDB 3d mode screenshots is not the best idea -- the lighting in those is flat, so they can't really compare to in-game screenshots -- and is possibly the root cause for some of the comments you've received about the looks. But...

 

 

...for the record: I'm still seconding this about that particular batch of posts.

 

It really is okay if your first project doesn't match up to the stronger content in a given year (like URE2020, Perpetual Powers, etc.), either in overall quality or immediate screenshot appeal.

Thank u so much for the feedback, and yeh i use the 3D camera of the builder to take SS very quickly (Lazyness of mine) that awkward fight in the second half of the map can be more fun if i put one or two barrels i think 

Share this post


Link to post

If Someone reach the map 11 , that map have a very nice and spooky surprice :3 

Share this post


Link to post

Really like the design of he maps, but holy cow it is tough (yes, I'm not that good ;)). Just had a quick look in Doom Builder and I think that you didn't implement difficulty levels (meaning all the enemies spawn in all difficulty levels). I would really appreciate if you would consider to remove at least some of the enemies from 'easy' and 'normal' (or at the very least from 'easy') so that players with a bit less skill (like me) can check out the nicely designed levels and clever changing geometry (which I haven't seen very often) without dying too often :)

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TheCyberDruid said:

Really like the design of he maps, but holy cow it is tough (yes, I'm not that good ;)). Just had a quick look in Doom Builder and I think that you didn't implement difficulty levels (meaning all the enemies spawn in all difficulty levels). I would really appreciate if you would consider to remove at least some of the enemies from 'easy' and 'normal' (or at the very least from 'easy') so that players with a bit less skill (like me) can check out the nicely designed levels and clever changing geometry (which I haven't seen very often) without dying too often :)

Yeah! that is in the "To do" list when i finish the wad, put the correct tags for each skill level. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Veemon said:

Yeah! that is in the "To do" list when i finish the wad, put the correct tags for each skill level. 

 

Great :)

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry man i couldn't play it. I don't have TNT. I read the read me before trying to play it. But it looks great for a first time mapper.

Share this post


Link to post

yeah, it's freakin' hard for me too. but MAP01 starts with nasty teleport traps, telegraphing "try-and-die" playing style, so it is more-or-less fair, i think.

Share this post


Link to post

I finish the Map 17 if someone want test it i can upload the last Wad File :3 

 

1411357575_Doom2Screenshot2021_07.17-19_23_39_94.png.babd4750fa8e93157283fb1f850add46.png

 

1280517718_Doom2Screenshot2021_07.17-19_23_26_22.png.791a0ce8c644a9184283bf18fe106621.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/23/2021 at 2:12 AM, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

Yes PLEASE upload it I love these maps and I want MORE.

I m gonna upload a fix version of the map 17, XD is to damn dificult the room with the Void, is a bit... "unfair" i m doing a bit more "easy" that fight, becuase... is totally RNG , stay tuned for the release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2021 at 3:43 AM, Veemon said:

The wad isnt made for free looking mouse, is like Cheat XD same for jumping and that modern stuff. 

Sorry, I know this was posted a month ago but it made me lol, as it was posted 25 years to the day after Quake 1's release date!

 

So yeah, I wouldn't really call gameplay features that have been around a quarter of a century "modern"... ;) (In fact, Q1 wasn't even the first.)

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Sorry, I know this was posted a month ago but it made me lol, as it was posted 25 years to the day after Quake 1's release date!

 

So yeah, I wouldn't really call gameplay features that have been around a quarter of a century "modern"... ;) (In fact, Q1 wasn't even the first.)

Tiny details xD

Share this post


Link to post

This looks pretty good, I'll give it a go very soon. 

Also, just curious, but is this WAD still a work in progress? I tend to prefer playing WADs in their final and completed form, and I just wanted to let you know that I dont mind waiting at all if this is the case. After all, all good things come to those who wait :3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, i suck at nicknames said:

This looks pretty good, I'll give it a go very soon. 

Also, just curious, but is this WAD still a work in progress? I tend to prefer playing WADs in their final and completed form, and I just wanted to let you know that I dont mind waiting at all if this is the case. After all, all good things come to those who wait :3

 

Yes, is WIP . I think finish the 32 levels, but until now i only have 17 finish levels, but i need do beta release for obtain feedback. And... i need a artist to do the intermission screen and the title screen.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Veemon said:

Yes, is WIP . I think finish the 32 levels, but until now i only have 17 finish levels, but i need do beta release for obtain feedback. And... i need a artist to do the intermission screen and the title screen.

Fair enough, I'd be happy to play it as soon as I'm able to, if whatever feedback I'm able to give helps you in any way :) 

As far as your requirement for an artist goes, I'm sure you'll find someone here very soon...DW is chock full of extremely talented individuals. 

Good luck to you :>

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

OWO
i Do a Very Nice Work of Map 11 : Eleven Seconds To Die 

 

And i Add the New Level 18 , as always the Zip File is updated and the Drive mirror Too :3 Enjoy 
1144532993_DesktopScreenshot2021_08.02-21_37_41_64.png.7a2ae5af166a50a680414d8a9b13eba0.png

Share this post


Link to post

Updates: 

Map 20 is under Construction Rn (Called: This is (Not) a Drag :

A nice Demo of the first Room: 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Map 12 closes the player if you go right away from the start in the room with a rocket. Switch works Tag 40, but voodoo remains locked. Map 14 has a problem with the entrance back to the hall with Mastermind, because the switches on the keys work once.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2021 at 5:35 AM, BeeWen said:

Map 12 closes the player if you go right away from the start in the room with a rocket. Switch works Tag 40, but voodoo remains locked. Map 14 has a problem with the entrance back to the hall with Mastermind, because the switches on the keys work once.

I dont have that problem with Map 12, give more data, what source port u are using, and the Compatibility options. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The problem is not in the port version. The doll should go after the first sector, which goes down after the take of shotgun. If the ball does not take, the doll does not go further.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×