Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veemon

TNT : Overcharged Close to be finish Update 01/18/2024

On 7/20/2022 at 10:11 AM, Veemon said:

One link is a rar, and the other one is the WAD without compress.

Yes, I recognize that compressing a file into an archive reduces its overall size. I was saying that the two wads are slightly different sizes.

Doing a file comparison, I found that there is a slightly different version of MAP31 in each wad. They don't match.

9 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Yes, I recognize that compressing a file into an archive reduces its overall size. I was saying that the two wads are slightly different sizes.

Doing a file comparison, I found that there is a slightly different version of MAP31 in each wad. They don't match.

Weird .-. i use the same file , hmm i will update the mirror now with the latest version (The newer version only have updates on the map 23). 

image.png.73c9dd40f1e064faad96e9e4ac15937f.png

But thanks for tell me the diference. 

Really interested in trying it out soon, looks nice.

If someone is playing the wad and is stuck on the start of map07,

I fixed a sector that had more height than normal. The Wad is updated like always on the same links and mirror. 

I don't know why a sector was raised, I don't remember doing it, Ghosts (?) 

Idk if left this midi... have problems with PRboom+ and DSDA, but ... the ambience is amazing 

2 minutes ago, Veemon said:

Map 24 is on Oven :3 

Not the fastest method of oven cooking, but looking at the screenies in the thread, you seem to know what you're doing :p

I will make a nice announcement this week :3  

The Development is nearing its final stage.

image.png.ec4fcaef968066886d492e9c8239858e.png

Hi! i hope everyone had a nice time, well the News with the proyect:

Maps 23,24 and 25 are added to the Wad File (I put a lot of effort in t his last maps)

Enjoy the Screenshots, also The Wad File is already Updated with this new levels.

The artistic part, the cover, the intermission, the "end Screen" and the logo of the wad are already commissioned to an artist, so that part is already covered.

Rn now i m on Job Vacations, i will put all of my effort on End the WAD this Year, i know the development was very slow, but do this proyect only with one person is very complex. The Ferno colaboration to Map 21 is still WIP (I trust complete on his talent, sure the map 21 will be AMAZING)

That from my part . :)

-Map23: The Flesh of Fallen Angels

Spoiler

TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-58-13.911%20

TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-58-24.578%20

TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-58-31.277%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-58-57.803%20

- Map24:Dug Too Deep Into Gehenna

Spoiler

TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2011-00-03.949%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-59-10.757%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-59-23.571%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-59-33.429%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-59-18.945%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2010-59-15.288%20

- Map25: Hell Is Only a Word 

Spoiler

TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-13-43.445%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-14-35.392%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-15-05.420%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-13-54.381%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-14-26.324%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-14-41.277%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-15-19.811%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-14-15.162%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-14-20.747%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-15-32.305%20TNTO%20at%202023.02.06%2012-13-29.475%20

I've been beta-testing this WAD since its inception, this is really good stuff. I really recommend you guys give it a try if you haven't already, especially if you are a fan of TNT and are looking for a difficult challenge :)

On 10/14/2022 at 12:47 AM, Veemon said:

Idk if left this midi... have problems with PRboom+ and DSDA, but ... the ambience is amazing 

Kep the midi if you can. It is amazing.

This whole project looks wonderful. Good luck finishing it! :)

[I should say right away that I don't know English very well, and I used DeepL translator, so if there are any semantic errors, I apologize. But I hope I can convey the main point of the message.]

I've played 9 maps and I have a lot to say.

It's definitively one of the most beautiful Boom megawads I've played. You sure know a lot about visual design.

But the balance leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say it's broken. I understand that you're originally aiming for a high level of difficulty, but:
- Many arenas go from the "Difficult" stage to the "Unfair" stage, where you have to grind random, which causes not excitement to pass it, but rather frustration. The use of hitscan enemies and archviles here is too aggressive and a bit inept. Yes in TNT there was an emphasis on hitscan, but do not forget that TNT itself was quite problematic iwad, and the same hitscan enemies there were much less obtrusive.
- You haven't implemented difficulty levels. I wouldn't put it as a problem if I had a chance to play Meduim or Easy with an adequate difficulty curve. In that case, let the Hard difficulty level be left to some speedrunners and slaughter maps fans, but please provide me, as a normal player, with normal difficulty levels.
- And again, you say it's a remake of TNT, but the original TNT wasn't difficult (aside from a number of crappy maps made to suck). Plutonia, which you're referring to, was complicated enough, but it was also almost always fair to the player.

All in all, it's one of the most interesting megawads for TNT I've seen, but it critically needs a rebalance and implementation of the other two difficulty levels. It's actually a serious barrier for a huge number of players, which makes it very difficult to play this wad, many people will just abandon it after another arena, despite the delightful visual design. I love hard battles, but I also love fair battles, I didn't see that here. I really hope you pay attention to this problem, because this wad deserves more, much more. I'm very glad that someone took the trouble to rebuild TNT to the level of not just a good wad, but a very strong wad in a modern style of Boom mapping. But the balance is broken, it will definitely need to be reviewed at the core.

I wish you to see it through to the end and come out with a high-profile release.

23 hours ago, DRON12261 said:

[I should say right away that I don't know English very well, and I used DeepL translator, so if there are any semantic errors, I apologize. But I hope I can convey the main point of the message.]

I've played 9 maps and I have a lot to say.

It's definitively one of the most beautiful Boom megawads I've played. You sure know a lot about visual design.

But the balance leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say it's broken. I understand that you're originally aiming for a high level of difficulty, but:
- Many arenas go from the "Difficult" stage to the "Unfair" stage, where you have to grind random, which causes not excitement to pass it, but rather frustration. The use of hitscan enemies and archviles here is too aggressive and a bit inept. Yes in TNT there was an emphasis on hitscan, but do not forget that TNT itself was quite problematic iwad, and the same hitscan enemies there were much less obtrusive.
- You haven't implemented difficulty levels. I wouldn't put it as a problem if I had a chance to play Meduim or Easy with an adequate difficulty curve. In that case, let the Hard difficulty level be left to some speedrunners and slaughter maps fans, but please provide me, as a normal player, with normal difficulty levels.
- And again, you say it's a remake of TNT, but the original TNT wasn't difficult (aside from a number of crappy maps made to suck). Plutonia, which you're referring to, was complicated enough, but it was also almost always fair to the player.

All in all, it's one of the most interesting megawads for TNT I've seen, but it critically needs a rebalance and implementation of the other two difficulty levels. It's actually a serious barrier for a huge number of players, which makes it very difficult to play this wad, many people will just abandon it after another arena, despite the delightful visual design. I love hard battles, but I also love fair battles, I didn't see that here. I really hope you pay attention to this problem, because this wad deserves more, much more. I'm very glad that someone took the trouble to rebuild TNT to the level of not just a good wad, but a very strong wad in a modern style of Boom mapping. But the balance is broken, it will definitely need to be reviewed at the core.

I wish you to see it through to the end and come out with a high-profile release.

Hi!, thanks for the feedback, 

Due to the issue of difficulty: I'm initially making all the maps in UV to be clear about what the "top" of difficulty will be at each level. Also as a rule, if I can finish the level in Pistol Start, Single Segment the level remains "valid" in terms of difficulty, my main beta tester also generates comments about what to change and what not, generally several maps have received changes in the fights and the sequence of these. But for players who are not very skilled, lower difficulty levels like Easy and Normal will be implemented at the end of WAD development.

I had something very special to show :) 

Enjoy, is totally WIP but will be a atmospheric map 

4 hours ago, Veemon said:

Looks wonderful!

9 hours ago, Veemon said:

Looks awesome. What is the music?

3 hours ago, Kyka said:

Looks awesome. What is the music?

Black Fairy From silent Hill 2 

I need a bit of help with some stuff (Information).

Someone knows where i can ask for permission to use this midis?

Map 11: from TNT Revilution (I really like the ambience and i can do something very nice with that) but idk where ask for permission to use it.

Map 29: From Plutonia 2, the same stuff.

33 minutes ago, Veemon said:

I need a bit of help with some stuff (Information).

Someone knows where i can ask for permission to use this midis?

Map 11: from TNT Revilution (I really like the ambience and i can do something very nice with that) but idk where ask for permission to use it.

Map 29: From Plutonia 2, the same stuff.

TNT:R's Map11 track is by @JDoyle, who is still around if you want to ask him.

I don't know if Jamie Robertson (author Plutonia 2 Map29 track) is still around, but you can try to contact him through his website:

https://www.jamiemusic.co.uk/contact

That all being said, MIDIs for Doom wads are generally considered fair use for reusing in wads, so if you can't get ahold of them I imagine you're still safe to use them.

20 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

TNT:R's Map11 track is by @JDoyle, who is still around if you want to ask him.

I don't know if Jamie Robertson (author Plutonia 2 Map29 track) is still around, but you can try to contact him through his website:

https://www.jamiemusic.co.uk/contact

That all being said, MIDIs for Doom wads are generally considered fair use for reusing in wads, so if you can't get ahold of them I imagine you're still safe to use them.

Thank u ! for the info, and yes, i will ask anyway, i always want the "agree" of the owner for this type of stuff. But again, thank u so much for the info