Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_sink

Long-term Storage and Gore Processing [Vanilla] - 2 Maps 4 Doom 2

A couple of challenging maps built within vanilla format and constraints (tested w/ chocorenderlimits). No SSG. Inspired by BTSX, Plutonia and E2/E4 vibes.

IWAD - Doom 2

Port - Tested with Eternity and Chocolate Doom, should work fine in anything.

Difficulty - UV and HMP have been tested but I've flagged some stuff to be different on lower, too.

Texture credits in the CREDITS lump

post demos if you dare

linky

AyK7ZOf.pngdGMnuSr.png

0HMNvQr.png91fSWor.png

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Loved watching this! Really flashy set of mods and your reactions were golden. And yeah, you really put it well how I approach setting up encounters lol.

20 minutes ago, Kor said:

Fun couple of levels.

31 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Well, that was a lot of fun!

DKATOM.zip

awesome! thanks for the demo haha, glad yall had fun.

It's really cool to see these encounters in motion from a totally blind playthru. wishing I made map02's opening area as open as map01's in terms of allowing the player to stretch their legs a little in a heated moment. everybody just retreats to that little nook next to the blue door but there aren't a lot of options besides that.

tbh the most surprising part of demos/videos of these is people missing the secrets in map01 but zooming right in on map02's. seems way more obscure, but like doomers are trained to zoom right in on out-of-place textures lol.

6 minutes ago, _sink said:

tbh the most surprising part of demos/videos of these is people missing the secrets in map01 but zooming right in on map02's. seems way more obscure, but like doomers are trained to zoom right in on out-of-place textures lol.

Some of the earliest maps I ever played depended on you noticing random texture misalignments or oddities.. or worse, sometimes there was NO indication of secrets other than the automap, which I never checked at any point for some reason. I forgot to mention this earlier, but the texture use in map02 was really different in a good way.

2 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Some of the earliest maps I ever played depended on you noticing random texture misalignments or oddities.. or worse, sometimes there was NO indication of secrets other than the automap, which I never checked at any point for some reason. I forgot to mention this earlier, but the texture use in map02 was really different in a good way.

I've played so many maps that are a lot like the former, with map01 I tried to make the secrets like, tucked away but not reliant on having texture alignment senses. I enjoy secrets you can just accidentally walk into. and yeah! I was trying really hard in map02 to squeeze something gross looking outta the stock textures. Just going whole ham on making the level like a metal cover or something w/ blood and machines everywhere. will probably use a similar texture palette in future.

Fun, short stuff for sure, got my ass kicked often before reaching the final results below :P. Love how surreal the visuals are.

I paired this with your Eternity gameplay mod, Colander, which proves to be a rather interesting complement, thanks to the set not providing a SSG at all + ammo shortages are more common. (And it's really good too, I encouraged everyone - especially those using Eternity often - to try it out!)

That tunnel system in map01 was a bit weird as a secret though.

7 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Fun, short stuff for sure, got my ass kicked often before reaching the final results below :P. Love how surreal the visuals are.

I paired this with your Eternity gameplay mod, Colander, which proves to be a rather interesting complement, thanks to the set not providing a SSG at all + ammo shortages are more common. (And it's really good too, I encouraged everyone - especially those using Eternity often - to try it out!)

That tunnel system in map01 was a bit weird as a secret though.

woah!! thanks so much for playing w/ both, I hadn't considered how it'd pair with colander but it seems like a really tight combo. that was really awesome to watch.

The tunnel system in map01 being marked secret was sort of just something to amuse myself tbh. I noticed how many people never noticed it and marked it lol.