Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VILE WARLOCK

BARON OF HELL ;-)

hi guys, im just a begginer in painting in photoshop, so please, any suggestion or criticism will be welcome, as to get to know more the techiques for it

I never thought that the torso and arms of barons are fuzzy, just the legs. Looks nice though!

thanks man for the comments! ^_^

i tried to make it more animal like by enlarging the front of his head horizontaly, and adding the corporal furr

i suspect i have to work more on the proportions

ill try to do a shot gun guy or a heavy weapon dude next....

Good pic, but the legs are too short.

And if you continue to start threads with headings typed in all-caps, let alone making posts in all caps, I'm gonna fry your ass.

Hmm... I always thought that the view was from above, pointing slightly downward. That would make the legs look a little shorter than they really are.

Ichor said:

Hmm... I always thought that the view was from above, pointing slightly downward.

You can't really tell. It requires at least a background to proper show if it's supposed to show it a bit from above - and to my eyes it looks like a straight on view.

maybe its because i drawed the legs with 3 articulations rather than 2 in the hips of the original baron

pd: ok man...sorry about the caps

dsm said:

You can't really tell. It requires at least a background to proper show if it's supposed to show it a bit from above - and to my eyes it looks like a straight on view.

I agree on this if you were to have a backdrop it would help to impliment what angle your actully going for. But i have to say it looks pretty damn good ;-)

Assmaster said:

Is it just me or does this Baron look depressed?

you'd be depressed too if your entire life consisted of having your ass kicked by marines day in and day out.

dsm said:

Good pic, but the legs are too short.

you're right, the torso is too short as well. there's no room for a proper ribcage or pelvis. otherwise i like the drawing, just needs some proportional work.

For some reason I really like the way you did it's head. It actually gives me an idea for a photo. All I need now is a goat skull and skin...

Use3D said:

you're right, the torso is too short as well. there's no room for a proper ribcage or pelvis. otherwise i like the drawing, just needs some proportional work.

The torso seems fine to me. To me, it rather seems like its arms are a *tad* too short.

dsm said:

The torso seems fine to me. To me, it rather seems like its arms are a *tad* too short.

I guess it all dependes on the person. I personaly thought of this creature to be tall but at the same time bulky. The legs could be lengthend a bit but i find the arms well done.
It gives it a strong muscular look kind of like an oxen or of that sort.

Hmm, well, I'm no art critic. That Baron of yours looks pretty good, though as been stated already it's a little wee bit blurry. Another thing, I thought only the Baron's legs were furry? Seeing the Baron with fur all over him was a little disconcerting IMO.
However, all in all, pretty nice for a beginner. :)

Tyockell said:

I guess it all dependes on the person. I personaly thought of this creature to be tall but at the same time bulky. The legs could be lengthend a bit but i find the arms well done.
It gives it a strong muscular look kind of like an oxen or of that sort.

thanks man, im getting on the "how to" make paintings in photoshop...the furr in the torso its just an artistic license....i always thinked the original baron of helll looked too much human to me.....well, ill try to make a marine next with that rocket launcher loaded by band, what a nice concept from the fanfic