Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Post a picture...that you took

832231837_PXL_20221012_1714238002.jpg.8ace2ac390d3d4b090a5ad5dfb929817.jpg

Culvers was doing a limited-edition run of a special burger called the Curderburger, where on top of a normal Butterburger, there's also a giant cheese curd 'patty' on top of it as well. Ate the whole thing, and went for ice-cream as well, since they had my favorite Flavor of the Day that day. Not Pictured: Drink and Rings, which I ordered alongside the supremely unhealthy burger. Used a Pixel 6 Pro to snap the pic, for those curious about what camera I used.

The statue of Dylan Thomas, located right next to the Dylan Thomas Theatre, on Dylan Thomas Square, and about 10 minutes away from the Dylan Thomas Centre. Something tells me they like James Joyce.

li7QFOv.jpg

I decided to carve a pumpkin tonight. It's been a few years since I've carved one but I figured I might as well try it this year, it's something I've always enjoyed.

Well, the pumpkin had been sitting there for over a week, and I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I usually tend to make them grotesque, macabre, soaked in red food dye, but this year I felt like doing something a little different. And I also felt lazy, so I wanted something quick and simple. So I thought "Well, just a generic zombie maybe. Well... I'd like to do a really creepy smile, with lots of teeth, because I love drawing teeth, and the smile makes a Jack O' Lantern. And then I started thinking about the song "Everything You Can Think" from Tom Waits' album "Alice", specifically the line "Your teeth are buildings with yellow doors, your eyes are fish on a creamy shore". And I realized I really wanted to make a creepy smile.

So after that thought process, I spent three hours making a Cheshire Cat:

REHOXbW.jpg

AKrEZ5D.jpg

I guess the nose ending up looking like a mushroom cloud was just a fun bonus. Given how things are in the world, I think it's appropriate. 

17 hours ago, Jello said:

I decided to carve a pumpkin tonight. It's been a few years since I've carved one but I figured I might as well try it this year, it's something I've always enjoyed.

Well, the pumpkin had been sitting there for over a week, and I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I usually tend to make them grotesque, macabre, soaked in red food dye, but this year I felt like doing something a little different. And I also felt lazy, so I wanted something quick and simple. So I thought "Well, just a generic zombie maybe. Well... I'd like to do a really creepy smile, with lots of teeth, because I love drawing teeth, and the smile makes a Jack O' Lantern. And then I started thinking about the song "Everything You Can Think" from Tom Waits' album "Alice", specifically the line "Your teeth are buildings with yellow doors, your eyes are fish on a creamy shore". And I realized I really wanted to make a creepy smile.

So after that thought process, I spent three hours making a Cheshire Cat:

Spoiler

REHOXbW.jpg

AKrEZ5D.jpg

I guess the nose ending up looking like a mushroom cloud was just a fun bonus. Given how things are in the world, I think it's appropriate. 

ngl I scrolled past too quick to see the ears and thought it was @Biodegradable. I guess that's your project for next year: DW profile pic o'lanterns.

It looks grand, though, and the fitting mushroom cloud stood out to me, as well :3

49 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

ngl I scrolled past too quick to see the ears and thought it was @Biodegradable. I guess that's your project for next year: DW profile pic o'lanterns.

It looks grand, though, and the fitting mushroom cloud stood out to me, as well :3

I have to be completely honest, during my thought process in deciding what to carve, I did think of @Biodegradable's avatar as inspiration for a really big smile before I settled on the Cheshire Cat. So you weren't completely wrong <@:-)

Just now, Jello said:

I have to be completely honest, during my thought process in deciding what to carve, I did think of @Biodegradable's avatar as inspiration for a really big smile before I settled on the Cheshire Cat. So you weren't completely wrong <@:-)

Aww maaan, you mean I could've been a cool Jack-O-Lantern? You big tease. ;^P

5 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Aww maaan, you mean I could've been a cool Jack-O-Lantern? You big tease. ;^P

Well maybe next year. That smile is contagious. And I do have some hole-saw drill attachments that really would've made the eyes perfectly. So yeah, it was more than just a passing thought. ( ;,;)

19 hours ago, Jello said:

I spent three hours making a Cheshire Cat:

Pure nightmare fuel 9.98/10.

4 hours ago, Murdoch said:

Pure nightmare fuel 9.98/10.

To be honest, it was probably closer to two hours, I did have dinner and took my dog for a walk while I was carving it. But cutting out those teeth took far more time than I anticipated. But I did enjoy carving it, so that counts for something. And I found out that my dog loves pumpkin, so she's getting a bit of that on her dinner for the next few days.

I don't think anyone saw it though, I had zero trick or treaters this year, which is par for the course. I think the last time I had any was back in 2004. So tomorrow it goes in the garbage bin.

And since this is a picture thread, here's Daisy after having a cup of kibble, two meatballs, and some pumpkin:

fj4FOCm.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jello said:

here's Daisy after having a cup of kibble, two meatballs, and some pumpkin:

Food coma.

2 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Food coma.

Pretty much. Usually after she has her supper she begs for food or bugs the cat, so it was nice just having her pass out. And it was really cute.

The crows just keep getting bigger and bigger every year:

OxyCvE0.jpg

I wish I had a better camera, it's a sight that just kind of humbles me every year. The cold starts setting in, the day seems to be dead more than it's alive, the leaves fall off the trees, and the branches reach up like confused skeleton fingers to the sky. And then you see the turkeys fly up into to the branches, with the fading sun as a backlight. It's beautiful to me, I love seeing it. And then I actually counted the number of wild turkeys in the trees, and I got to five dozen, and I'm sure there were some that I couldn't see.

It didn't help that Daisy kept dragging me while I was trying to take the picture.

Edited by Jello

There is a place exist somewhere,

At where oaks have always been,

And there is a bridge,

For most of which it will lead nowhere...

But it's somewhere there @UnknDoomer can be found in.

photo-2022-12-27-00-27-33.jpg

Yet another sepia night (no filters applied).

First attempt at astrophotography with a phone camera held up to the eyepiece:

Moon1.jpg

Very fiddly and most of the pictures were terrible, but this came out surprisingly good.

4-C4423-FC-36-C8-4-FD0-880-F-66-AAF79185

Taken at the Inca Observatory, Copacabana, Bolivia, near Lake Titicaca

Edited by Grazza