• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spineapple tea

John McAfee has died.

F

Spoiler

Edited by sluggard : well since ur opening the flood gates

Loved his post-death Q post, don’t believe any of his deadman’s switch stuff is ever going to come out

I remember someone saying in an interview something like he couldn't believe McAfee ever wrote an antivirus program---not because he didn't think McAfee was smart enough to do so, but because he couldn't imagine McAfee *sitting still* long enough to write an antivirus program. It's always been a mystery to me as well. Fascinating guy.

Also, for those not in the know, McAfee has had nothing to do with his namesake antivirus software for many years, and resigned from the company itself in 1994.

I loved that madman, may he... I don't know, avoid taxes on the other side. 

If one certainty in life didn't get him, the other did. I'll miss him and his antics, and wish his family well. Crazy dude though.

Secretly murdered by whales. You don't fuck with them.

1 minute ago, dew said:

Secretly murdered by whales. You don't fuck with them.

are we talking about the ocean kind, or the cryptocurrency kind?

6 hours ago, N1ck said:

suicide

5mnun5T.jpg

3 minutes ago, dew said:

My good man, this is the only time ever you wish we were talking crypto.

In all honesty, a whale is so large that it wouldn't even notice you were fucking it.

It's a shame he died, not because he was a good person or because I liked him, but because every few months he would do something bizarre and or highly illegal and it was always very funny to hear about

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

1 hour ago, E.M. said:

-snip-

he had all his assets seized, was wanted by belize for questioning about a murder he likely committed, was severely mentally ill, and was about to be extradited to the us for tax evasion. he definitely killed himself.

6 minutes ago, roadworx said:

he had all his assets seized, was wanted by belize for questioning about a murder he likely committed, was severely mentally ill, and was about to be extradited to the us for tax evasion. he definitely killed himself.

Can't rule out some sort of medical death either. Dude was 75, and I don't think he was exactly spending those years as the picture of physical health.

14 minutes ago, roadworx said:

But he still had two Chances, the Cabinet had to decide it and if they do so even than had Time to fight that Decision.

8 minutes ago, BaileyTW said:

Can't rule out some sort of medical death either. Dude was 75, and I don't think he was exactly spending those years as the picture of physical health.

Yes, he had not the most healthful Lifestyle.

I think he also was frigtened from the Jail in the US, in Europe they are pretty human:

Spoiler

53862b38ecad041f184e37de

4 minutes ago, Giant Jumbo Jellyfish said:

An incredibly bizarre figure, I don't think anything more can be said

Absolutly, he at least immortalized himself with his really bizarre Stories.

I really feel out of the loop with this guy. My only impression is he was a rich lunatic who has his name attached to a terrible anti virus software?

Can someone summarize his infamous actions?

14 minutes ago, Chezza said:

Can someone summarize his infamous actions?

My friend J. Aubrey made a really good video outlining his wild history if you're interested.

You have to hand it too him, whatever he did no one ever saw it coming. Possibly because of his lunacy. Whatever it was it made him highly unpredictable. I'm not even sure a genuine mystic could foresee his path or what he was going to do next.

This man was beyond eccentric, he occupied an entirely different realm where most mere humans would quail and quiver in a gibbering heap upon the floor. Their minds shattered and under constant attack from some malevolent entity. Most people would think H.P Lovecraft there, with some cosmic intergalactic squid with an intense mental focus several times that of David Blaine.

Me? I had something more whimsical in mind.

You get the idea, but insanity doesn't quite make the cut here. He was afflicted by some -as yet- undocumented malady of the mind. A total nut job, but he bought me many hours of entertainment with his utterly bizarre shenanigans.

I wasn't aware of the murder thing, that does change my perspective on him as a total slap happy lunatic. Still, I get the feeling the world will be a little less interesting without him.

In any case: Farewell my crazy friend!

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

But he still had two Chances, the Cabinet had to decide it and if they do so even than had Time to fight that Decision

nnnnot really? he openly admitted it on twitter, the government had gotten zero tax filings from him for years, and that's on top of the fraud charges. dude was fucked

1 hour ago, Final Verdict said:

I wasn't aware of the murder thing, that does change my perspective on him as a total slap happy lunatic.

yeahhh...there's other heinous shit he's been accused of as well. he was awful