Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

Doom 3 shiznit

whelp, i was at gamestop the other day and i got the notion to ask one of the clerks about any info he had on the game, and he said "yea we got a release date here and you can reserve the game now, too" and i was like "wtf" and he told me the release date was october 4, 2k3. I dont know if that is a direct date from id, or a date that they speculate, but its still something. so i reserved it (only 5 bucks). i reserved it and that guaranteed me a copy. so go get it now. NOW i said, stop reading!

insights?

If there was a release date, half the planet would know by now, so I don't believe him when he said it was October 4. Of course, it could end up being that day for all we know, but until we know for sure, it's all speculation and rumor.

Still, it is good to reserve your copy early.

here is pretty much the only reliable release calendar out there. When there is a defined release date, it will be on that site.

Looks like he's a little behind of late, though.

His Lordship John Carmack The Supreme has stated that Doom III will most likely see a release before next E3. Which means it would be released in the following six months or so.

carmack said doom 3 will hopefully not see multiple E3's.....that probabily means he'll slavedrive the id team without food or sleep until doom 3 is released at soon as possible. And, like all other id packages, it will be patched 140 times within the first 3 weeks.

Heh, I remember monitoring forums discussing RtCW before it was out. There were also lots of people who talked about preordering it and getting like 666 different release dates.

I don't trust these people and I NEVER preorder a game - the whole excitement of going hunting for a game is lost if you preorder a game imho. Plus, I remember that a lot of those who preordered RtCW complained that it arrived a few to several days after everyone else had bought a copy in a store.

I'm just gonna sit back and wait until I get the news that Doom 3 should be in stores here, then I'll rush out with all haste and strike down on my prey :-)

I don't know, and hey, neither do you, but I really have this warm feeling in my stomach it will be Dec 10th. I really doubt it will be out before this year's E3 (although I'm not sure of it's date). If anything ID might just decide that they wont put the game at E3 just to hold true to their promise. Only time will tell.

And yeah, you can definatly preorder the game already, you probably could do it a year ago. I remember it being a news headline up on doomworld's front page months and months ago... definatly over a year ago now that I think about it. It seems strange though, I wouldn't give my money to something that's not going to be comming out until like 3 years from that particular date.

yeah, you could order it a while ago, i'm not sure exactly how long, but i know i got mine like sometime last summer, and no i'm not gonna get screwed, i've done it with a reliable store that i've dealt with before. the release dates though, i'll admit, have never been very accurate

Bah, even IF I had the money to preorder Doom3 (and I don't), it wouldn't make any difference: my computer couldn't possibly handle it. :(

DooMBoy said:

Bah, even IF I had the money to preorder Doom3 (and I don't), it wouldn't make any difference: my computer couldn't possibly handle it. :(

How many girlfriends (biggest moneysuckers in the world) u got bud? Game is only between $50 and $60.

That was meant to be funny so noone flip out^