Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Outrageous Videos

Wads with the Unnerfed Scythe II Evil Marine

After my playthrough of scythe II, I have fallen in love with the evil marine enemy and simply cannot get enough of them

I have even done a solo-net run of it just to have more evil marines in the wad and only because I enjoy fighting them so much

However the only megawad I have seen besides scythe II with evil marines is resurgence and those guys are definitely not fun to fight at all

Does anyone know if there are any other megawads that make use of the original scythe II evil marine or even a buffed variant?

I don't want any megawads with them slowed down at all as their speed is what makes the enemy work and fun to fight!

image.png.0087338ae26c6834818add03b8e507c0.png

35 minutes ago, E.M. said:

>actually liking the evil marines

Bruh.

25 minutes ago, Outrageous Videos said:

>not being average evil marine enjoyer

Spoiler

If you want better resolution make your own shitpost

2 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Make them shoot BFG

I dunno if that's fun, but it's probably gonna be a challenge

lol its even funnier coming from you

I'm with you on liking the unnerfed version. Maybe we're both insane. The only WADs I know of with the Evil Marines behaving much the same as in Scythe 2 are both by EternalThe Horror Collection and Nordhell (has both a GZDoom and limit-removing version) have Scythe 2's Evil Marines, same speed and all. They're still used in a fairly small capacity, maybe rightfully so.

You might want to check out Wheel of Time. To quote Belial: "Loved the deh job, and for a TC made in 1996 the quality is excellent. The wall traps, evil marines (lol Scythe 2), etc. Some very unique map design and somewhat challenging gameplay. 5/5 - Belial."

A later version of the wad is on this CD and Mad Butcher put a copy here.

lol, Plutonia 3 which SilverMiner made and is showing above is the first thing that came to mind. Roadworx also mentioned STRAIN's BFG marine, and I added BFG marines to an old wad of mine called Revenge of the 90's.

Beyond those and the others mentioned in this thread, I can't think of any wads with super fast enemy marines, and definitely not ones as tough as the Evil Marine from Scythe 2.. It's an underutilized idea overall, really! Closest things I've had in recent time are the flamethrower and repeater-plasma marines in the Rowdy Rudy wads.