Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 4 - We have no standards anymore! (Doom Episode 4 Community Project) COMPLETED!

Hey Walter, the ALPHABE0,1,2 textures are very uncomfortable to use for me. May I edit the ds4-gfx.wad and add an ALPHABET from DBPs?

But that textures is from a DBP session, from Earth Ends to be more precise. However, if you want to use them, feel free to do it... I'll have to fix out some stuff from the maps i made for fixing the text parts...

Another person used that textures too or want to use them?

E4M9.png

Office Castle.zip

Here's my map!

Title: Office Castle
Description: Small and fast map that combines office aesthetic with castle style.
Build time: About 6 hours.
New music (if any): Yes, Turning Tricks by Lippeth
Tested with: GZDoom, Doom Retro and Crispy Doom.

First time I ever speedmap (with 6 hours, still) so I hope this little thingy is fun for everyone.

Visual prototypes have been made, and the core concept has been laid down. I would like to actually complete the map over the christmas holidays, since my plate will be well and truly empty by then. I can say this openly now, but my cacoward duties kinda took up the majority of my Doom time for the last six months or so. With that done, I can finally map again.

Well, Deadly Standards 3 was kinda Thy Flesh Consumed inspired, with all the GSTONE and marble maps in that episode....

9 hours ago, Omniarch said:

Visual prototypes have been made, and the core concept has been laid down. I would like to actually complete the map over the christmas holidays, since my plate will be well and truly empty by then. I can say this openly now, but my cacoward duties kinda took up the majority of my Doom time for the last six months or so. With that done, I can finally map again.

Don't worry i can wait

Merry Christmas Eve!

Anyway, i have some stuff to ask you like progress on your maps and i want to give you a early present: a Deadline extension to 31st of January, since many maps aren't completed so far.

Looks awesome! Anyway, I'll free E4M5, if someone wants to take it be my guest! Otherwise, I'll take it and make some kind of Speedmapping thing...

Unless anyone objects then I can certainly have a go at E4M5. That said, if someone wants to do it and especially if they haven’t got a slot already, then I certainly won’t get in the way. At the end of the day variety is the spice of life (or in this case mass death).

So my map is basically done. All I need to do now is to find a midi that is atleast 8 minutes long, otherwise it will loop too many times.

1 hour ago, NeedHealth said:

All I need to do now is to find a midi that is atleast 8 minutes long

8 mins is too hard to find. I remember there was a midi by Fredrik for slaughter maps, 30 mins long iirc; but I don't think it'd fit your map heh.

Here's what I'd suggest. They're looping ok for me

2002ado MIDI25(4:28), MIDI26(4:37)

https://static.angryscience.net/pub/hosted/klem/midi/mm2/13 Damage Assessment.MID 5:36

https://static.angryscience.net/pub/hosted/klem/midi/mm2/21 Dredge (Extended).MID 7:43

https://static.angryscience.net/pub/hosted/klem/midi/mm2/27 Shadows of the Dead.MID 5:39

http://files.tolwyn.com/midi/req-ds06.mid 6:30

EDIT

2002ado MIDI34 could also fit (speaking very subjectively) but is less than 4 mins

Does anybody know the internal name for the midi in map slot e4m1? Ive tried D_E4M1 to D_E4M9 and I saw cannonball was using the D_E2M5 slot for his map so I tried D_E2M1 to D_E2M9 skipping his slot D_E2M5. All of these just played the default midi track.

Music lumps for episode 4:

E4M1: D_E3M4

E4M2: D_E3M2

E4M3: D_E3M3

E4M4: D_E1M5

E4M5: D_E2M7

E4M6: D_E2M6

E4M7: (i don't remember)

E4M8: D_E2M5

E4M9: D_E1M9

4 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Music lumps for episode 4:

E4M1: D_E3M4

E4M2: D_E3M2

E4M3: D_E3M3

E4M4: D_E1M5

E4M5: D_E2M7

E4M6: D_E2M6

E4M7: (i don't remember)

E4M8: D_E2M5

E4M9: D_E1M9

E4M6 uses E2M4 and E4M7 uses E2M6. I really should have done the full list earlier but was in a rush after finishing work.

Some progress on E4M5

DS4.5.png

The plan is for a short(ish) city style level, I decided to use a similar textures to E4M8, I kind of like this sort of off-tech base vibe this gives (Along with using a lot of non-orthogonal angles). I have stuffed some doomcute into this one though.

Sorry for the late response - I've been paying very little attention to DW lately. I'm afraid that, after many failed attempts, I would like to free my slot. My apologies for not seeing the writing on the wall sooner: the veritable graveyard of unfinished om-ds4-xx wads on my hard-drive should have tipped me off sooner, but I kept thinking that the next one would be successful. Ultimately, if I can't submit something good, I'd rather not submit anything at all. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Walter confetti

NDID9nh.png

yxkB4qz.png

p44uu6l.png

Title: Blackwater Park

Description:  Part office, part dig site. Probably not part OSHA.

Iwad: DOOMU.wad

Build time: About 1 and half year, with a long pause inbetween.

New music (if any): 21 Dredge (Extended).MID by Mark Klem. Thanks to @SilverMiner for the suggestion.

Tested with: prboom+ and dsda-doom.

Playtime: about 25 minutes.

All difficulties should be accounted for. No other starts than player 1 and the map isnt really optimized for multiplayer.

Pleace record an *.lmp if you play this map! <- very important actually.

-e1 i accidently added some boom actions. i'll return shortly with a fixed map.

-e2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbf4na8fk0sl0cg/stand4_nh_map02_without_boom.7z?dl=0

Edited by NeedHealth

Sorry to read this @Omniarch i free your slot, if anyone wants to make a map for this be my guest, otherwise, I'll see to try some Speedmapping thing for this.

19 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Sorry to read this @Omniarch i free your slot, if anyone wants to make a map for this be my guest, otherwise, I'll see to try some Speedmapping thing for this.

I would like to try and make an e4m6. I can not promise anything however.

Okay here is E4M5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smz40vuw72pee0e/DS4e4m5.1.zip?dl=0

Name - Venture Capitol

Description - A fairly compact techbase/city map. Should take less than 10 minutes to complete for most. I ran through this before releasing, I only died once so I wouldn't say this is a particularly difficult map, though there will be plenty of projectiles flying around and a couple of tricky moments.

Build time - 4 days (Couple of hours a day)

Music - "Gold Rush" by Stewboy

Tested in - DSDA Doom 

Currently like with E4M8 there are no difficulty settings, these will be added once the UV gameplay is right.

Images below;

Spoiler

cyX3z34.png

Jg88vuE.png

L3zmoub.png

XSAmyg3.png

Edited by cannonball

Ok, played your maps this evening, here's some demo (a first attempt for cannonball and a second attempt for needhealth map, both recorded with prboom+ um 2.6.1, complevel 3): demopack-e4m2-m5.7z

Both are really great maps, they catch the city theme very well, one with a more natural \ abandoned structure (needhealth) and a more futuristic \ brutalist approach (cannonball), but i found a trouble in the needhealth map: is it possible to get the blue key without cheating? I didn't find a way to get it, did i miss something?

Also, more minor bugs found:

- Mostly some misalignments around the map

- Sector 900/1141 needs a light change of 127/129, or the MIDVINE texture will bleed in the floor

- Sector 539 needs another light change of 176 unit, otherwise it will make the people think that it's a secret door (like a did)

- Sector 337/388 doesn't open even if tagged (this happens in prboom+, not sure on other ports if this works)

- Sector 735 it could be cool if it's tagged as a secret

Again, really great map, looks like a evolved version of The Star Child from Deadly Standards 2, sharing the same usage of BROWNHUG for outdoor structures. Loved the overgrown fell of the map as well.

Didn't find any bug in cannonball map.