Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

id Tech And Unreal Engine

11 minutes ago, Gez said:

Part of the javascript cruft includes something that detects when you copy-paste something, and if it's a link it attempts to embed it. If you don't copy-paste, it doesn't detect a copy-paste, obviously.

Why? Do you actually type out these URLs instead of copy-pasting them?

I copied and pasted them.

15 minutes ago, luke11685 said:

I copied and pasted them.

The url link should be blue and then embed a video. Yours are white, so you aren't doing the action the forum software associates with copying and pasting.

It’s strange just only one link had embeded hyperlink image thumbnail even of if what I’ve done was copied and pasted. As far as I remember of what I know. As you see below and above hyperlinks are embeded in blue color however thumbnails there are not active and visible video images. Already,yet. Even of what if it’s turning blue it’s still I mean their still not there,but not at all.

Edited by luke11685

Guys what? Unreal engine hasn't been open-sourced? I've seen somewhere (years back) shared binaries for UT99 with all debugging symbols embedded in so I lived in illusion, Unreal engine had to be open-source. And I was wrong all along?

So what caused a traceback error and how eventually would I fix myself? That’s original,but unofficial fanart model sheets,image references of teenage adult Princess Teknika Earlong Jackrabbit? With your little help.

SX1cPgM.jpg

7 hours ago, AnotherGrunt said:

Guys what? Unreal engine hasn't been open-sourced? I've seen somewhere (years back) shared binaries for UT99 with all debugging symbols embedded in so I lived in illusion, Unreal engine had to be open-source. And I was wrong all along?

UE4 is; UE3 technically is not but UDK is (and it's like 95% identical).

UE2 will never be opensourced since a lot of third-party libraries (Karma, SpeedTree, etc.) are directly integrated into the engine instead of abstracted out.

UE1, the last we heard about it years and years ago, Tim Sweeney would like to, but there's hurdles, such as it being co-written with Digital Extremes (i.e; they'd have to sign off on it presumably), the codebase being a mess (...something the community would happily fix), etc. There are a small group of UT99 fans (OldUnreal) who do apparently have access to the source code, to the point of putting out unofficial patches to the game, but as with UTPG before them, they are not allowed to share it.

Of course, we can forget about this in any official capacity anytime soon. Epic is way too busy rolling in that V-Bucks dough.

Did I implement textures in wrong way?

It seems Fortnite these days,nowadays gonna be first Unreal Engine 5 videogame. Speaking of AAA big corporately evolved companies. Such as CCP,Epic Games,People Can Fly.

Edited by luke11685

16 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

UE1, the last we heard about it years and years ago, Tim Sweeney would like to, but there's hurdles, such as it being co-written with Digital Extremes (i.e; they'd have to sign off on it presumably), the codebase being a mess (...something the community would happily fix), etc. There are a small group of UT99 fans (OldUnreal) who do apparently have access to the source code,

Oh, so it is. It make sense. Well, if there is a reason to praise John Carmack, here is one. All engines he ever wrote are long time open-source (as far as possible, I guess). It would be really nice to have native 64-bit binaries compiled for release:

Would anyone like to continue any further unofficial,opensource,homebrew,bootleg? I guess nowadays,these days it would be considered controversial,infamous fangame made project speaking of including digital online leaks.

Here's an another proof above and below I mean prooves.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 184530.png

Speaking of Sega's fallen company corporate mascot Sonic the Hedgehog videogame series from in the past. Speaking of Sonic fanbase renaissance era.

Yuji Naka as former head of Sonic Team of Japan should rather allow one of former Sega Technical Institute employees Epic Games,Digital Extremes to use rather Unreal Engine 1.

Speaking of one of cancelled Sonic X-Treme scenarios...etc.

Random thoughts references,inspirations.

Older videogame mainstream media trends,hypetrain.

Edited by luke11685