Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
timmie

No new version this weekend...

Well, guess you'll have to wait until next weekend for 0.72. About 5 minutes after I posted about having a new version out for this weekend, a new version of ZDoom popped up (2.0.31) and as of now, it's up to 2.0.34. Of course, this version has a HUGE number of changes compared to 2.0.29, so it's taking forever to merge it in. Sadly, I can't just use a patch tool to merge the .diff file because of all the changes I've made to the ZDoom source... Yes, I get the fun task of merging the changes by hand.

So, I'll continue merging patches and when I've caught up and everything is working, I'll release 0.72. There aren't as many changes for the post-2.0.31 versions, so once I've got that one out of the way, it should go a bit faster.

Well, if it's any consolation, 34 seems pretty damn fine and the niggling bugs that appeared as a result of Randy's P:AR E1M2 and E1M6 fix have been squished. I've been using 2.0.34 all day and it has been sweet as a nut. Whatever that means. Ahem!

Enjay said:

Well, if it's any consolation, 34 seems pretty damn fine and the niggling bugs that appeared as a result of Randy's P:AR E1M2 and E1M6 fix have been squished. I've been using 2.0.34 all day and it has been sweet as a nut. Whatever that means. Ahem!

Yeah, I've been checking in on the ZDoom forums (or phorums, I guess!) to check out the bug reports from the dropping of the zone heap (since that's a pretty massive change). So far reports have been very encouraging.

I finally got 2.0.31 merged in about 5 minutes ago and there don't seem to be any horrible crashy-type errors, so now it's on to 2.0.32!

My original assessment may have been a bit off. I'm merging in 2.0.34 right now and I don't have much to do. I'll send a copy off to SlayeR tonight for testing and we should, hopefully, have 0.72 tomorrow!

And Randy has just posted some interesting news:

Randy Heit said:

I am going to wait a few days for any more serious bug reports before I call it final and bump the version from 2.0.x to 2.1.0.