Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony_Danza_the_boss

Are you vaccinated against COVID 19?

Not yet. That's why I'm so active here =P

I miss my friends, my job, the outside world. But I think I will be able to get vaccinated pretty soon.

I live in Washington State in the US, where we have a crazy effective vaccination program. 80% of the population is fully vaccinated (all required shots plus two weeks). I got mine back in April.  Everything is officially opening back up tomorrow now we have hit herd immunity levels.

It's weird to think everything will be going back to normal. 

I got my first vaccine shot a couple weeks ago (17th June). 2nd shot should come in a week.

I'd fucking love to be. The nearest place I could get the shot seems to have its appointments perpetually booked solid though, even though over half the adults in my state are at least partly vaccinated.

I've had my first Pfizer jab. Got my second one lined up in August. I'm a bit worried however that the idiots in charge of my country are relying too heavily on vaccines to save the day, and might end up producing the perfect conditions for the virus to develop vaccine resistance.

Yes, since early May. My state opened it up to everybody in early April and I signed up for it the first day. Got my first shot the next day, reserved a slot for 6:30, got there around 6:20 and it was mostly empty. They even went around asking if people knew someone who wanted the shot because they had some cancellations/no shows, and didn't want to throw them out.

Oh well, it was just really nice going out in public and not wearing a mask. Especially at work. Once the CDC said you don't need to wear a mask if you're fully vaccinated, I just had to let my employer put a copy of my vaccination card in my file, and no more mask.

I never minded the mask if I was going shopping, but having to wear it for 8 to 10 hours gets old. And I really feel bad for the healthcare workers that had to wear them for 12, 16, or even more hours.

All the workers at the vaccination clinic were so wonderful. I'm sure they were especially happy to see people walk in the door. They dealt with that Hell longer than anyone.

Got the first shot in May and get the second shot in mid August. Also had covid infection in 2020 March, don't know how much effect that has had with being immune and how long it's lasted. Here they want to wait 6 months after infection before giving the vaccine.

32 minutes ago, NoXion said:

might end up producing the perfect conditions for the virus to develop vaccine resistance.

How exactly? Are you talking about the leaky vaccine effect, seasonal mutations, or not enough vaccinated people?

42 minutes ago, NoXion said:

I've had my first Pfizer jab. Got my second one lined up in August. I'm a bit worried however that the idiots in charge of my country are relying too heavily on vaccines to save the day, and might end up producing the perfect conditions for the virus to develop vaccine resistance.

The vaccine has proven to be incredibly effective, even against the variants. I don't think you can rely too heavily on them. Just a matter of getting everyone jabbed.

Got my 2nd pfizer a couple months ago. Virginia seems to be doing a pretty good job on the vaccine front, everyone I know in this area has been able to get theirs without having to wait more than a week or two.

14 minutes ago, TwinBeast said:

Got the first shot in May and get the second shot in mid August.

Same (minus the other stuffs you said TB). Thankfully I was able to reschedule my August appointment for the 2nd shot for July 9th.

2 minutes ago, RDETalus said:

How exactly? Are you talking about the leaky vaccine effect, seasonal mutations, or not enough vaccinated people?

A combination of factors. For a start, more could have been done to prevent the Delta variant from establishing a foothold here. It's now the dominant variant, and it's more infectious.

Another problem is that despite the vaccination program preceding apace, the virus is still running rampant.

E4j-Zbyv-WQAEi-Cmj.png

Got my second from Biontech Saturday.

Read monday that 50% of my city are vacunated.

Also that first studies shows that the mrna ones are lasting long and are holding against other variants.

Yes. My fiancée and I got ours back in March. Got pfizer. Only side effects I had was my arm was just sore after 2nd shot and was really tired. Took some medicine and a warm bath and was fine after that.

59 minutes ago, NoXion said:

A combination of factors. For a start, more could have been done to prevent the Delta variant from establishing a foothold here. It's now the dominant variant, and it's more infectious.

Another problem is that despite the vaccination program preceding apace, the virus is still running rampant.

E4j-Zbyv-WQAEi-Cmj.png

Understandable, but the vaccines work against Delta. The only people really being hospitalized are the unvaccinated.

Vaccines are not widely available in my country yet, nor are they available to my age bracket, but if they were I'm pretty hesitant to take the mRNA type vaccines. I understand the microbiology and all, but there are always the unknown unknowns. Hopefully the non-mRNA vaccines like Novavax become available.

Got my second dose of Sinovac yesterday. Not the best, but at least I'll get a mobility visa.

Not that I'll use it too much, I don't want to risk getting infected a second time.

12 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Got my second dose of Sinovac yesterday. Not the best, but at least I'll get a mobility visa.

Not that I'll use it too much, I don't want to risk getting infected a second time.

Never even heard of Sinovac.

2 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

Never even heard of Sinovac.

It's the chinese vaccine. Uses a dead virus instead of mRNA. Seems like most western countries are generally untrustful of it.

Just now, RDETalus said:

It's the chinese vaccine. Uses a dead virus instead of mRNA. Seems like most western countries are generally untrustful of it.

Ah. Just curious.

50 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

Understandable, but the vaccines work against Delta. The only people really being hospitalized are the unvaccinated.

They work now. They might stop working if the virus evolves resistance. Which it is more likely to do the more people it infects.

Also, as I understand it none of the currently available vaccines actually prevent the virus from replicating, although they are effective at improving immune response so as to reduces rates of symptoms and/or hospitalisation.

9 minutes ago, NoXion said:

They work now. They might stop working if the virus evolves resistance. Which it is more likely to do the more people it infects.

Also, as I understand it none of the currently available vaccines actually prevent the virus from replicating, although they are effective at improving immune response so as to reduces rates of symptoms and/or hospitalisation.

Yeah but the whole thing about the vaccines is just to keep people OUT of the hospital. If you get the vaccine COVID really just becomes a nasty cold.

Not vaccinated. I'm from Australia from Tasmania where he have not had a single case since earlier in the year. Lucky us!

Yes.  The UK has been one of the world's most pro-active countries in developing and rolling out vaccines.  I had my first one in March due to a prior hospitalisation with asthma, and had my second one in June.

Yeah, I joined 5g vaccinated nation, waiting second one for booster... My parents got vaccinated too. So, far we are alright and no terrible side effects yet, but you never know. 

Me is like this:

• Got vaccinated in april.
  • Got sick with the covid.
  • Got vaccinated in may after being recovered from the virus.
  • If a third vaccine happens, I'll get it

1 hour ago, RDETalus said:

I got Sinovac and our president managed to bring lots of vaccines. Basically, most of the people here got vaccinated with Sinovac while others got the Pfizer one.

About stats, it's said that Sinovac has around 70% of effectiveness for the first dose. No wonder why many don't trust it.

I got stabbed with the disease needle (Moderna) last Tuesday. Arm was sore for a couple of days and that was it, really.

Second dose is early September so I've applied for a week and a half off work in anticipation that it'll be the dose that knocks me out for a while.

I've also got to travel to a random Boots pharmacy in North London to get it, bizarrely. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.