Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony_Danza_the_boss

Are you vaccinated against COVID 19?

no point since im naturally immune lol. never took any time off, worked right through the last couple years. the joys of being essential. dealing with different customers and enviroments every day. never got sick.

while some people i know did get pretty sick, no one i know died from covid itself. meanwhile i do know of a few people who got sick from the shot, and one that actually died two days later. sooo im good.

Nope, I think that I have a good immune system. for me it's quite easy to not catch Covid.

@rampancy Being asymptomatic does not mean you cannot still transmit the virus. Do not be a dick and get yourself vaccinated.

That herd immunity is not going to build itself.

32 minutes ago, rampancy said:

no point since im naturally immune lol. never took any time off, worked right through the last couple years. the joys of being essential. dealing with different customers and enviroments every day. never got sick.

while some people i know did get pretty sick, no one i know died from covid itself. meanwhile i do know of a few people who got sick from the shot, and one that actually died two days later. sooo im good.

Oh please...

Get vaccinated. You are "immune" but others don't and died because of that. Have some empathy.

Yes, I have been fully vaccinated for a while now. I am tired of wearing the masks and wanted to get this shit over with ASAP. First shot, I felt soreness near the injection area for a few hours. Second shot, I felt sick for about 2 days, but tolerated it. I don't regret it, and don't care about the politics and concerns behind it. If an injection were to cause my death, that's a quicker and easier way of going out than to suffer from a virus.

yes and it fuckin hurt

the needle, that is. i didn't have any side-effects lol

22 minutes ago, Hitboi said:

Nope, I think that I have a good immune system. for me it's quite easy to not catch Covid.

ohhh my god.

first of all, your immune system doesn't prevent you from catching diseases, it fights against them once you have them. due to covid-19 being a newly emerged virus that nobody has gotten before 2019, your immune system will kinda suck at fighting it. you can very easily still get covid, spread it to someone else even if you're asymptomatic, and end up killing someone.

secondly, if your immune system is really that good, you could end up having a cytokine storm and dying. so get the damn vaccine.

1 hour ago, rampancy said:

I am quite sure, you'll never catch a brain disease either.

Let's keep this thread light, please. All that was asked was whether or not you were vaccinated. Everyone has reasons for and against it, please don't go attacking each other over that.

That said, I was vaccinated back in April with Johnson & Johnson. My parents are in their 70s, my father is especially at risk for ill effects due to preexisting COPD, and I don't want to get him ill by accident. I thankfully moved out in August before the virus hit its peak so I was less likely to bring it home to them.

5 minutes ago, DoomGater said:

3 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

Let's keep this thread light, please.

Of course, I was only making fun. No offense intended!

Yeah, I got mine few months ago. I got my first shot in one week. and then i got my other one in the second week. 

5 hours ago, whybmonotacrab said:

I'm not. My genius of a Prime Minister botched the rollout saying "it wasn't a race" and only 10% of the population has been fully vaccinated. Now my state is in lockdown again. Yay.

Welp, we’re clearly from the same neck of the woods..

3 hours ago, Nevander said:

Not yet. I do eventually plan to of course. I keep hearing of new things that they were reported to possibly cause like blood clots and heart problems. Plus I generally don't like to rush to get some new vaccine that was created very quickly. Hesitant, not anti. In the mean time I still take all the precautions and wear my mask around other people.

Echoing all of this. Pretty much sums up how I feel, combined with whybmo’s post. I definitely want it and will get it, but also hope to not have bad side effects (I’m not in poor health, but not exactly a paragon of fitness either)

33 minutes ago, DoomGater said:

Lmfao!

As the youngest and least-at-risk in my family I decided to wait and have my older and more at-risk family members take the vaccine before me. They all got the Pfizer by the way. After a week or so of the side effects and all they turned out just fine, so I'm not hesitating to schedule a Pfizer shot now. Nothing wrong with looking out for your family even if it means taking a risk to ensure they will be less at risk.

Edited by NuMetalManiak

1 hour ago, rampancy said:

Statistics at its best :P

13 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

As the youngest and least-at-risk in my family I decided to wait and have my older and more at-risk family members take the vaccine. They all got the Pfizer by the way. After a week or so of the side effects and all they turned out just fine, so I'm not hesitating to schedule a Pfizer shot now. Nothing wrong with looking out for your family even if it means taking a risk to ensure they will be less at risk.

Well, I infected my brother with the virus and was afraid that I could be responsible to spread the virus, especially to the elderly. Fortunately, both had a vaccine shot. You have a point there...

I got my first dose a few weeks ago, second scheduled for this Friday. I braced myself for some potential side effects and was rather disappointed that I didn't get any (although I probably shouldn't be disappointed, I'd have felt like shit otherwise). Perhaps second time's the charm.

Both my parents and my brother have a dose and everyone's scheduled for a second.

My first dose was Pfizer, the government has actually started recommending that vaccines be mixed for better immunity so I might ask for astro-zenica for my second.

Got my first pfizer shot at the beginning of June, no symptoms apart from arm stiffness. Gonna get the second one as a birthday gift mid-July. I registered 30 minutes after my age bracket was allowed to. The rollout is going fairly well in Czechia now, after months of really slow and cumbersome preparations across the entire EU. Now they're even letting us move the second shot ahead by 8 days, but friends told me it takes an hour of waiting on the phone line with annoying music, so I'll probably risk the extra 8 days, heh.

As for covid itself, my mom stayed with me when she caught it at work (in primary school) so dad wouldn't get exposed, but I never caught it myself. Having to wear a facemask when going to the bathroom or kitchen was an odd experience.

Yes. The third arm growing out my back should prove most useful when it's finished forming.

No, not yet. Vaccine rollout here in NZ has been somewhat more sedate as we kept a good lid on the thing. I am generally pretty healthy so low down on the priority list. Someone I know who has chronic fatigue and a weak immune system got their first recently and while it's made them a bit more tired than normal and brain foggy they are doing OK.

1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

Yes. The third arm growing out my back should prove most useful when it's finished forming.

No, not yet. Vaccine rollout here in NZ has been somewhat more sedate as we kept a good lid on the thing. I am generally pretty healthy so low down on the priority list. Someone I know who has chronic fatigue and a weak immune system got their first recently and while it's made them a bit more tired than normal and brain foggy they are doing OK.

Yeah I was just gonna ask has anyone grown anything new or turned into a zombie yet? I’ve had a habit of biting people lol.

8 hours ago, ApprihensivSoul said:

Neither do I. I'll fix that. Appreciate you notifying me!

EDIT: I'm sorry, I thought you were saying I had bolded my text by mistake, ignore this reply. A longer answer may be inbound if I have time. 

I chose a more subtle answer versus @Rudolph's more direct approach, but i didn't understand that lack of data was a reasoning to not take the shot.

Just take my country (NL). We have had 0 covid deaths for a few days now compared to the dozens as little as a month ago.

4 hours ago, rampancy said:

You only have increased protection either after recovery (thus requiring one vaccine shot) or by getting vaccinated.

While it cannot be disregarded that some people may have natural immunity, those numbers are exccedingly rare.

You dont know if you are infected until you get symptoms. Unfortunately for us humans, the Covid virus does not care if you say you are naturally immune or were never sick prior - you only know when you are infected by SARS-COV2, the transmitter causing Covid.

sooo im good.

Ironically, you aren't deciding - SARS-COV2 is. Because it is a decision made without your knowledge, its best to vaccinate.

4 hours ago, Hitboi said:

Nope, I think that I have a good immune system.

Your immune system will think upon positive infection thaf it gets attacked. The nasty bit about Covid is that it changes lung cells, effectively enabling the immune system against itself.

Your immune system is eradicating itself upon succesful severe infection. Thats why external, unaffected reinforcements exist in the form of vaccines.

for me it's quite easy to not catch Covid.

The matter of affection is unique per individual, therefore thinking the problem away does not make the problem actually go away.

Got my 2nd shot 2 months ago exactly. Sure I already had covid last july but better safe especially with the bri'ish variant around and whatnot. No symptoms other than the usual arm soreness cause of shots. I guess maybe some fatigue but I'm always tired and lightheaded anyways (even worse since I got the rona).

Only 2 of the 13 people regularly in this house have gotten the vaccine and the others don't plan on getting it, which is worse given that there's some really social people in this house. Hell it's how we got it from my little brother in the first place especially since the kid performs at some packed venues and has done so the whole quarantine. Disgraceful really. Kid is 100% responsible for a death or two, almost killed our mom, and it has had a permanent effect on me. Scummy shit and a lot of people derive a lot of self worth from being as selfish and callous as they possibly can be, so my little brother isn't the only one like this.

I'm in line for my first shot but I keep forgetting to book it because I'm a bad citizen. Sorry, world.

Oh, in my case, the official CDC data I've seen, (and I apologize, this is more meant to be informative of my perspective, rather than an actual case for anyone in particular, I don't mind searching up sources/data, but I'm a little busy to do so right now, so if requested I can take this elsewhere. CDC site though, is where I always like to start. ) implied that there would not be a great impact on the disease proliferation were people in my demographic (20s-30s, slightly overweight but still healthy) to receive vaccination. I don't want to mess up the DoomWorld forums with a debate, so I won't worry about suggesting that here, and I fully encourage everyone to read the numbers and make their own decisions, and support those who do decide to get vaccinated. But I couldn't justify disrupting my life for the rather large likelihood of the vaccine making me sick in the short term. I've never been able to process vaccines well, and I don't have the time luxury to recover from something like that while managing my life. 

So not a lack of data, persay, but clear data that implies there is very little value. I've always been a big fan of tracking statistics at the source, instead of asking people to break them down for me. And that was the conclusion I came to. Others might come to a different one, and I have no problems with them doing so. But I think the decision I took was the correct decision in my situation.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

I chose a more subtle answer versus @Rudolph's more direct approach, but i didn't understand that lack of data was a reasoning to not take the shot.

tl:dr; Vaccine good, but at a cost, but I felt I would be irresponsible if I got it at the current time. 

EDIT: Tweaked first paragraph wording to clarify 

25 minutes ago, ApprihensivSoul said:

Oh, in my case, the official CDC data I've seen, (and I apologize, this is more meant to be informative of my perspective, rather than an actual case for anyone in particular, I don't mind searching up sources/data, but I'm a little busy to do so right now, so if requested I can take this elsewhere. CDC site though, is where I always like to start. ) implied that there would not be a great impact on the disease proliferation were people in my demographic (20s-30s, slightly overweight but still healthy) to receive vaccination. I don't want to mess up the DoomWorld forums with a debate, so I won't worry about suggesting that here, and I fully encourage everyone to read the numbers and make their own decisions, and support those who do decide to get vaccinated. But I couldn't justify disrupting my life for the rather large likelihood of the vaccine making me sick in the short term. I've never been able to process vaccines well, and I don't have the time luxury to recover from something like that while managing my life. 

So not a lack of data, persay, but clear data that implies there is very little value. I've always been a big fan of tracking statistics at the source, instead of asking people to break them down for me. And that was the conclusion I came to. Others might come to a different one, and I have no problems with them doing so. But I think the decision I took was the correct decision in my situation.

tl:dr; Vaccine good, but at a cost, but I felt I would be irresponsible if I got it at the current time. 
EDIT: Tweaked first paragraph wording to clarify 

Thanks to vaccines, we live longer. Different story is that your immune system have issues with the antibody creation. Just saying.

Still, it's your decision. And we do read numbers. 

Right! I'm actually a huge fan of vaccines as a tool, if I wasn't clear on that, I just process it very poorly compared to most. So I try to only get the ones I feel will be useful. Speaking of which, I'm about due for my Tetanus, and should probably get that knocked out when I can. But like any medicine, surgery, or anything else, they're a tool first, and should be treated as such, as an informed decision when possible, and in concert with one's primary physician.

(Never seem to get sick normally, so maybe my body just handles antibodies differently than most?)  

EDIT: And I'm in no way encouraging anyone else not to take it, make sure it fits your situation. I'm just providing prospective on my situation.

Nah, people of my age can only get the first dose on october :/

11 minutes ago, ApprihensivSoul said:

Tetanus

Welp. Now that's something that didn't expected. 

For that, it's worse than the covid...