Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony_Danza_the_boss

Are you vaccinated against COVID 19?

No intention of getting vaccinated, as of yet. I never get the Flu vaccine either, though, and I haven't seen enough data to convince me that there's much of a difference to me. I am, however, pretty impressed with the rollout, and glad that those who felt necessary were able to get it so easily.
(I mean, I know there's difficulty, but with a year and a half from the onset of an epidemic is revolutionary.)

Yes, I received both shots of Pfizer.

I actually had Covid-19 back in January and it was not fun. Had it for 11 days and it sucked.

Did anyone with COVID have diarrhea but no other symptoms? I had the worst fever of my life in January 2020, but no coughing, just diarrhea. I wonder if that was COVID.

I'm not. My genius of a Prime Minister botched the rollout saying "it wasn't a race" and only 10% of the population has been fully vaccinated. Now my state is in lockdown again. Yay.

Fully since a few weeks. First shot in May, this one just 2 weeks ago (Work in a hospital).

Not much by-effects after that. The second one got me tired for a day, like you have a hungover without being drunk. Others took a sick day leave and that's about it.

Moderna, by the way.

1 hour ago, ApprihensivSoul said:

No intention of getting vaccinated, as of yet. I never get the Flu vaccine either, though, and I haven't seen enough data to convince me that there's much of a difference to me.

I don't understand the bolded.

I was against initially, but due to pressure from work I had to take vaccine.

Had to choose between pfizer-biontech and sinovac, sputnik also will be available in my country.

Chose the "safest" (classic type), Sinovac.

Awaiting second dose.

No side effects or any symptoms at all. (I am middle age)

24 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Fully since a few weeks. First shot in May, this one just 2 weeks ago (Work in a hospital).

Not much by-effects after that. The second one got me tired for a day, like you have a hungover without being drunk. Others took a sick day leave and that's about it.

Moderna, by the way.

I don't understand the bolded.

Neither do I. I'll fix that. Appreciate you notifying me!

EDIT: I'm sorry, I thought you were saying I had bolded my text by mistake, ignore this reply. A longer answer may be inbound if I have time. 

3 hours ago, RDETalus said:

It's the chinese vaccine. Uses a dead virus instead of mRNA. Seems like most western countries are generally untrustful of it.

It makes sense because they are rivals in economics and kind of stuff. Right now, everybody is struggling with their own things despite whoever says "oh, our economics is not affected in the pandemic at all".

As my family lives in China, I can say Chinese vaccines are effective at least, but none of the vaccines can confidently say they can protect you from all the mutation variants, so we still should be careful to ourselves.

For me, I'm fully vaccinated with Pfizer in May. For those who are curious about the side effects: first shot only gives me some muscle sore; second shot has bigger effects, which is some mild fever symptoms and muscle sore, but I'm recovered without any medication after 2 days.

Yes. Received my first dose on the 19th of this month, my arm hurt for a few days after but that was all. Second dose is in mid-August.

No, I don't have any conditions so I'm at the end of the queue. I won't get my first dose even before September even in the most optimistic scenario.
And winter just begun, and oh boy, looks like a third wave is coming.

Already got the first dose, and I should be getting the second one in a month or so.

2 hours ago, ApprihensivSoul said:

No intention of getting vaccinated, as of yet. I never get the Flu vaccine either, though, and I haven't seen enough data to convince me that there's much of a difference to me.

It is not just for you, but also for everyone else around you. Vaccination is how actual herd immunity is achieved.

I had the second Pfizer dose this month. There's been talks about a third dose in my country, I guess because of the new variant.

I got Covid-19 last year and while it wasn't dangerous in my case, it still felt pretty bad.

Yes! My wife and I were vaccinated back in February (Team Moderna) through the City of Garland, TX's Health Department rollout. Went through a drive-through line at one of the city's high school football stadiums. Twice. Quick and easy, since they were only vaccinating people with conditions over a certain age back then (both of us are considered Type 2 diabetic and are over 55). I had symptoms with both shots - my wife only really got hit hard with the second one. Still, it was worth it to help immunize ourselves against COVID-19, as well as to reduce the chance of another pair of population vectors.

9 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

It is not just for you, but also for everyone else around you. Vaccination is how actual herd immunity is achieved.

Seconded. Go get vaccinated, damn it! :)

Yup. I got both shots back in May. It was a huge relief for me, especially since I had been working all through the pandemic as an "essential" worker. I got the Pfizer vaccine.

The side effects of the shots weren't too bad. The first shot I had a really sore arm around the injection site. The second shot I had the really sore arm around the injection site, along with what I can only explain as a really mild cold and some chills at the same night I had the second shot.

Edited by Lizardcommando

Yes, January then April; got them ahead of my age group (UK 50s didn't start for real until around late May) due to work; we support disabled people on-prem and the local authority wanted us up and running ASAP. A lot of our clients (mostly 20s) got it early too due to disability and health conditions making them vulnerable to other illnesses.

Not yet. I do eventually plan to of course. I keep hearing of new things that they were reported to possibly cause like blood clots and heart problems. Plus I generally don't like to rush to get some new vaccine that was created very quickly. Hesitant, not anti. In the mean time I still take all the precautions and wear my mask around other people.

I got vaxxed twice with pfizer, after that, I told my friend who is a conspiracy theorist that I heard the windows XP startup sound in my head and that Bill Gates whispered to me.

I've always been a strong supporter of the vaccine, even before they were out. (in case you don't know, I'm 14 and live in the Eastern US) My parents and older sister were understandably hesitant to get the vaccine since they were scared of possible side effects (now we know that there really aren't any. I tried to convince them to get it, but I understand why they didn't want it), but the issue is that at the time they announced kids in my age group could get the shot, My sister had just been infected by the virus. My mom was LITERALLY on her way to get the vaccine when she found out my sister was infected. I'm not exaggerating or lying. My mom was minutes away from getting her shot when she had to turn around back to my home. Although we quarantined my sister, she infected my younger sister, who infected my dad, who infected me and my mom. Now I had to quarantine for a month, but by the time I got out of quarantine, I was told I couldn't get the vaccine for a few months because I had natural antibodies from the virus and I could get similar symptoms to the virus if I took the vaccine. Now, I'll have to wait until August 22nd to get the first dose.

So, despite not being vaccinated myself, I still want people to get the vaccine and I also get somewhat upset when people say they aren't going to take it, especially when it's due to conspiracy theories. 

I had around 5 days of feeling feverish after the vaccine, then some headaches and feeling hot (but not feverish) for over a week. Also got some memory, thinking and speaking problems for two weeks (didn't have cognitive symptoms when had the infection).

43 minutes ago, Kuro_mahoh said:

I got vaxxed twice with pfizer, after that, I told my friend who is a conspiracy theorist that I heard the windows XP startup sound in my head and that Bill Gates whispered to me.

If you have a penis, did it turn microsoft? :P